UFC Quick Quote: Jon Jones expecting to fight the best Lyoto Machida ever

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC Quick Quote: Jon Jones expecting to fight the best Lyoto Machida ever
sparky
11/22/11 5:53:36PM
"We're going to have to watch Machida's speed, and his distancing is key. He's also a very creative fighter. He's very quick on the in and out. He's going to try to get past Jon's length, I'm sure, with his jumping in and jumping out style and moving side to side. We have to be extremely careful with that. He does have one-punch power, so we need to be careful of his power. He'll be very motivated because once somebody supposedly has that stature that Jon has now of this invincible machine, everybody trains really, really hard -- partly out of fear, partly out of ambition -- to take you down. I fully expect us to fight the best Machida that has ever fought, and hopefully we'll be able to get around that and those problems."

Link
Geoffo
11/22/11 5:58:42PM
Jon Jones' puzzle > Machida puzzle
sparky
11/22/11 6:04:28PM
Im starting to think that fighters get paid to say that!!!!
Budgellism
11/22/11 6:14:08PM
Well since I'm going I sure as hell hope so!
sparky
11/22/11 6:48:17PM

Posted by Budgellism

Where you from???
Budgellism
11/22/11 7:05:37PM

Posted by sparky

Posted by Budgellism

Where you from???

Next to Oshawa.

EDIT: I was living in Guelph a year and a half ago though
mattjonesy
11/22/11 8:13:52PM
Really hope Machida makes this a great fight! I could see both not making a move for a round!
Even if Machida loses I hope he answers some questions on how to beat Jones.
Chael_Sonnen
11/22/11 8:34:05PM
Jones by whatever and whenever he wants
Bubbles
11/22/11 9:41:53PM

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by sparky

Posted by Budgellism

Where you from???

Next to Oshawa.

eww the 'shwa

Hammertown represent (where i now live)
Guelph represent (where i used to live and currently work)
Budgellism
11/22/11 9:46:25PM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by sparky

Posted by Budgellism

Where you from???

Next to Oshawa.

eww the 'shwa

NEXT to 'shwa, lol. Whitby, much nicer than the dirty 'shwa.

I've gotta say though, I was in Hamilton once in my life (A week for work) and I got in my first fight ever and saw more crackheads than I've ever seen before. Must be wild living there.
bjj1605
11/22/11 9:53:36PM
Machida is the toughest test Jones will have had so far. I would say Shogun, but he looked like crap in their fight (physically.)

His style is going to be something entirely new for Jones and its a style that is uniquely suited to deal with Jones' number one asset...his reach.

That said, I'll probably still be picking Jones. You don't bet against a freight train.
sbulldavid
11/22/11 10:01:00PM
Machida turtles up at the sight of a a leg twitch and Jon Jones pounces on Machida but is disqualified for hitting Machida in the back of the head..... Machida later thanks Matt Hamill for helping him prepare for Bones...... Frank Dux has been working with Machida.....
kingsmasher
11/23/11 5:22:30AM

Posted by Geoffo

Jon Jones' puzzle > Machida puzzle

Jon Jones reach should solve any puzzle Machida has with his current style...even with his head back...
airkerma
11/23/11 9:16:01AM

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by sparky

Posted by Budgellism

Where you from???

Next to Oshawa.

eww the 'shwa

I've gotta say though, I was in Hamilton once in my life (A week for work) and I got in my first fight ever and saw more crackheads than I've ever seen before. Must be wild living there.

When we went to Toronto my parents always used to refer to Hamilton as Mordor.
Boo_Radley21
11/23/11 9:57:35AM
Jones is going to toss Machida around. Easy win IMO
Bubbles
11/23/11 11:13:24AM

Posted by airkerma

Posted by Budgellism

When we went to Toronto my parents always used to refer to Hamilton as Mordor.

well technically i live in Ancaster (the nicer part of Hamilton...up the escarpment west end). the downtown area is full of crackheads and hookers...and the closer you get to the bayfront the worse the residences. everytime i drive down Barton St after 11pm i see at least 2 hookers waiting around lol. and yeah crackheads walk the streets at all times of the day

Whitby is definitely nicer than the 'shaw...i musta skipped over the "next to" part

Hamilton in general is a nice city. it can be divided into many different sections. the "municipality" of Hamilton has like 6 other cities with it. and then Hamilton itself is sectioned off...the downtown portion being the dirtiest. 30 years ago or so it was so much nicer (so ive heard) and livelier.