UFC Quick Quote: Jason MacDonald feels stupid

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC Quick Quote: Jason MacDonald feels stupid
MMAcca
8/12/08 1:45:13PM
I don’t know what went wrong in my head. I don’t know what happened and why I chose to fight that fight on the ground. Sure I made the fight exciting and I’ve gotten lots of positive responses on how well I did on the ground with a guy like Maia. But at the end of the day, he caught me and that’s what he does best. I played into his game. It was a stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid fight on my behalf. And I take the full blame 100 percent for it. I’ll take it right on the forehead like I took those hundred elbows from Maia. And that’s that. I’m pretty disappointed because Maia was beatable if I had held that fight standing up. And I paid the price for not doing it.

– UFC middleweight Jason ‘The Athlete’ MacDonald grounds and pounds himself on Sportsnet.ca for not following his gameplan or the instructions from his corner during his submission loss to grappling phenom Demian Maia at UFC 87: ‘Seek and Destroy’ on August 9.

LINK
nickcuc547
8/12/08 2:05:05PM
at least he admits it, he did put on a gutsy fight though and he has a ton of talent on the ground. to be honest i'm not sure he would have been able to keep the fight standing if he tried.
dust
8/12/08 2:14:05PM
Excuses make me sick. He got tooled and needs to shut up.
Solidus
8/12/08 3:30:20PM

Posted by dust

I wouldnt call it an excuse, he's just stating the obvious.
Evilwig
8/12/08 3:30:54PM

Posted by dust

He knows that he got beaten but he is humble and honest to know it was his own mistake and his not trying to blame it on somebody or on circumstance...

I don't see noting wrong with that, it was a great match anyway, should have been fight of the night...
cmill21
8/12/08 3:34:28PM

Posted by dust

How was this an excuse? He probably could have won if he was able to keep it standing. JLB would be undefeated in mma if he could keep it standing, manhoef would be undefeted if he could have kept it standing.
Rollins
8/12/08 4:23:36PM

Posted by dust

Talking about missing the whole point of the interview...good job buddy. (right over your head)
mk1630
8/12/08 4:26:47PM

Posted by dust

Well thats 2 posts in 2 threads that make you look like an idiot. Great job.
ncordless
8/12/08 4:31:29PM

Posted by RollinsisGod

Posted by dust

Talking about missing the whole point of the interview...good job buddy. (right over your head)

I agree. As much as I hate to side with a Cajun (I am assuming that's what RIG's location is meaning) over an Iowan. The western third of Iowa is known for their stupidity... and I guess it strikes again.
FrankTheTank1181
8/12/08 7:07:52PM
He says he takes the blame 100%, but who the else is gonna take the blame? I think Meia deserves more credit than McDonald blaming himself.
telnights
8/12/08 11:03:28PM
Well I agree taking it to the ground was a mistake but I don't think his stand up would have won him the fight either. I think Maia has the better stand up of the two.
originalconspiracy
8/13/08 12:12:42AM
maia deserves a lot more credit for the win, but lets be real..jmac was clinching and trying to take maia done most of the fight. i picked maia, but i was sitting there wondering why the hell he is trying to take maia down it didnt make sense. maia's standup is definitely getting better, but compared to jmacs come on now