UFC Quick Quote: Gabriel Gonzaga road back to title shot starts at UFC 86

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC Quick Quote: Gabriel Gonzaga road back to title shot starts at UFC 86
Twenty20Dollars
6/30/08 2:59:36PM
“I need to come back with wins. I’ll fight anybody. My goal is to be the champion. When I get a title shot, this is my goal. I had a long way to go to get a title shot, and I’ll do it again. I believe I need a couple of wins. And then more and more fights I need to win…. I’m here. I’m training hard to come back with my best condition to give my best show to my fans. I need to come back with wins, but my goal is still to win a belt.”

– Former number one heavyweight contender Gabriel Gonzaga tells Sherdog.com that he intends to once again challenge for the division championship. “Napao” lost his bid to claim the strap against Randy Couture at UFC 74: “Respect” in 2007. He followed that up with another loss to Fabricio Werdum earlier this year. Now he’s set to take on Justin McCully at UFC 86: “Griffin vs. Jackson” at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas, Nevada, on July 5. The journey begins all over again. Can he make it?
Twenty20Dollars
6/30/08 3:01:46PM
I think he has a decent chance of making it because the division is at a low point right now.

A matchup with big nog would be pretty good i think even if it wasnt for a title. gonzaga needs to get his condition up to par and he should be good.
juanez13
6/30/08 3:36:57PM
IMO i think Gonzaga is the most talented HW in the UFC, if he can gets his cardio up to par, i think he'd beat Nog, and Werdum in a rematch.
finnish_line
6/30/08 3:43:58PM

I don't know why, but I just have this feeling that McCully is going to get the win on Saturday.

wrona666
6/30/08 3:56:16PM

Posted by finnish_line

I don't know why, but I just have this feeling that McCully is going to get the win on Saturday.

Thats a bold statement......LOL
KYGUY07
6/30/08 4:12:39PM

Posted by wrona666

Posted by finnish_line

Thats a bold statement......LOL

I really cant see McCully lasting 5 minutes with Gonzaga
MaxOne
6/30/08 6:14:43PM
I think Gongzaga at his worst still beats Mcnully. Who knows though....

then again i only have 6 hundred some fake dollars to my name here:)
cmill21
6/30/08 6:49:12PM
Well, one win got him there i'm sure one win could get him back lol. I don't think he can take being hit, he seems to quit rather easily after taking a few shots.
disorderlyvision
6/30/08 10:04:01PM
@ thread title
EON
6/30/08 10:34:30PM
Gonzaga needs many wins (maybe only 2 or 3 huge wins) to get back to a title shot
holt8081
6/30/08 11:39:10PM

Posted by juanez13

IMO i think Gonzaga is the most talented HW in the UFC, if he can gets his cardio up to par, i think he'd beat Nog, and Werdum in a rematch.

He already got a rematch and he got his ass kicked again how many ass whoppins does the poor guy need.
juanez13
7/1/08 10:01:18AM

Posted by holt8081

Posted by juanez13

He already got a rematch and he got his ass kicked again how many ass whoppins does the poor guy need.

i meant a rematch in the UFC...and that fight it was more Gonzaga fault, and not that werdum did anything right, Werdum wasnt even in that fight until Gonzaga got tired. he was getting beat in everything, than Gonzaga gave up....If GG had anything resembling a gas tank he would have won easily.