UFC Quick Quote: Dana White and Joe Silva decide who Anderson Silva fights -- not Ed Soares

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » UFC Quick Quote: Dana White and Joe Silva decide who Anderson Silva fights -- not Ed Soares
Budgellism
10/17/11 11:54:00AM
"It makes no sense at all. Chael is as deserving as anybody for that next title shot. The bottom line is it doesn’t matter what I think and it doesn’t matter what Ed thinks. It matters what Dana (White) thinks. Ed’s not the matchmaker, I’m not the matchmaker, you’re not the matchmaker. Joe Silva and Dana White make the matches. Ed’s saying some personal things about Chael and I don’t think Ed or I are in a position where it’s good to throw insults at anybody. I think Ed’s a good guy that’s maybe got caught up a little emotionally himself with some of the things Chael has said about Anderson. It’s just better in my opinion if we leave that to the fighters."

- Mike Roberts (Sonnen's Manager)
emfleek
10/17/11 12:06:55PM
Moved to the UFC Forum.

Just a heads up...we decided to not post these "Quick Notes" as news items since they often tend to be misleading just to get people to read them.
Chael_Sonnen
10/17/11 1:32:59PM
Mr. Mike Roberts nailed it on the head
tcunningham
10/17/11 1:59:43PM
the thing is, is chael has done a phenominal job building this fight for the ufc and has probably already sold hundreds of tickets and thousands of PPV's just by what he said after the stann fight. thats not even taking into account that chael is more deserving of a title shot than anybody else in the MW div. hes the only one that has taken silva into unknown territory.

if its true that silva only has 4 fights left before hes gone, he cannot go out without a serious test like this sonnen fight. if he KO's sonnen, then hes free to go on his way. even if he loses he'll still go down in history as the most dominant fighter in UFC history. dont give him a free ride to retirement DANA!!
Budgellism
10/17/11 2:40:13PM

Posted by emfleek

Moved to the UFC Forum.

Just a heads up...we decided to not post these "Quick Notes" as news items since they often tend to be misleading just to get people to read them.

Sounds good Fleek, I'll keep that in mind.