UFC Quick Quote: Dana White has ‘no idea’ about Andrei Arlovski

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » UFC Quick Quote: Dana White has ‘no idea’ about Andrei Arlovski
Mchubb316
5/13/08 10:13:44PM
“We were just talking about Arlovski. We want to sign him. It’s our intention to sign him. But I don’t know. We’re, well, I don’t know. We want to. Whether we will or not, I have no idea. We like Andrei and I know the fans like Andrei. I hope we can do something.”

– UFC President Dana White provides the latest update via Yahoo!Sports.com on the status of former heavyweight champion, Andrei Arlovski. “The Pitbull” is currently a free agent, but it has been reported that the UFC currently holds the first right of refusal on any offers that he receives from other promotions. That might not mean much with MMA upstarts like Affliction throwing around fight purses in excess of $1 million to big name fighters. In fact, there’s a rumor floating around that Arlovski and Ben Rothwell could mix it up on the debut show slated for July 19. That’s just a big bad rumor for now … time will tell.

Source
SmileR
5/13/08 10:20:07PM
JUST ******* SIGN HIM!!!!!! SOMEONE PLAESE SIGN HIM!
I"m freaking out everytime i see a post with his name on! I can't keep this up! I need a rest!
CantAndleDaRiddum
5/13/08 10:21:33PM

Posted by SmileR

JUST ******* SIGN HIM!!!!!! SOMEONE PLAESE SIGN HIM!
I"m freaking out everytime i see a post with his name on! I can't keep this up! I need a rest!

i feel your pain.
MMA
5/13/08 10:46:30PM
Hmm, something does not add up because Rothwell stated that he would be fighting Arlovski in Affliction.
whardin19
5/13/08 11:07:23PM
Yeah, I too also heard Arlovski is fighting Rothwell at the Affliction show. Not sure what is going on there. I want Arlovski in the UFC but if he doesn't stay its not the end of the world. If Arlovski is on the Affliction card I think I might get it. That card is turning out to be one heck of a card.
chickmagnet
5/13/08 11:25:26PM
Andrei Signed in Adrenaline MMA, he's fighting Ben Rothwell.
cmill21
5/13/08 11:32:11PM

Posted by MMA

Hmm, something does not add up because Rothwell stated that he would be fighting Arlovski in Affliction.

Recently he confirmed it...apperently lol.
DevonFoxy
5/13/08 11:36:43PM

Posted by chickmagnet

Just wondering if anyone has a link confirming this cuz yea not gonna believe it until I see it. Too much speculation not enough facts for me but this is probably going to happen I just don't want to put some carriage in front of the horse or whatever that saying is.
prozacnation1978
5/14/08 12:01:14AM
he signed behind dana's back yeah right!!!!!!
dana needs to sign him, 3 fight deal, what ever right now it is hard to say but the fact is the ufc needs andre more than andre needs to ufc
plus he is a fan favorite, and would put butts in the seats
no more prelim crap, get him another fight
than he gets winner of mir vs big nog
he has the longest winning streak in the heavyweight division
89vision
5/14/08 12:05:08AM
on Inside MMA this week they never said anything about this fight at all, they mentioned barnetts fight with rizzo as well as sylvia / fedor
Broknmunky
5/14/08 8:45:35AM
The AA /Rothwell fight is posted on the fight card in Secondary League.
SpiderSilva
5/14/08 5:19:40PM
I would like to see this fight then watch the UFC bring him back for a title shot vs Nog
iwannabesedated
5/14/08 5:54:42PM
mmaweekly.com still has Rothwell Vs TBA.....Their pretty reliable when it comes to cards and rumors more so than all these random site people post stuff from...But their rankings are shit.
Playground_Samurai
5/14/08 5:58:14PM

Posted by DevonFoxy

Posted by chickmagnet

Just wondering if anyone has a link confirming this cuz yea not gonna believe it until I see it. Too much speculation not enough facts for me but this is probably going to happen I just don't want to put some carriage in front of the horse or whatever that saying is.

Rothwell posted on Sherdog on Monday. It's as close as a confirmation as there is at this point.

Link

9th post down.