UFC Quick Quote: Chuck Liddell says he has the edge against Shogun; feels he deserved Rampage instead

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » UFC Quick Quote: Chuck Liddell says he has the edge against Shogun; feels he deserved Rampage instead
juanez13
2/18/08 5:20:19PM
LINK

“He’s a good fighter … had a great career in Pride, and I’ll be glad to show him again why UFC is better than Pride. I have the edge in the standup game and the wrestling game, too. His submission game is decent, but I don’t think I’ll have a problem with his submission game, either…. I didn’t think I needed two wins in a row to get a title shot. But two fights definitely give me the credibility to get a title shot.”

juanez13
2/18/08 5:21:29PM
WOW! how delusional is Chuck, its almost as pathetic as Tim Sylvia saying that he is a bigger draw than lesnar. WOW. what the hell is are they thinking, First he looses to a guy he had lost to be4, than he looses to a guy who was coming off a loss to an unknown, and wasn't even a contender, than he beats a guy who was coming off 2 losses(no disrespect to silva, he is a warrior but thats that) and he expects a tile shot!!! am i the only one who sees something wrong with this now i,’m not here to compare apples and oranges but Chuck if this were boxing it would take a couple years to get the title shot again…..he should be thankin dana, but expecting a tile shot!

and his comment about UFC > Pride,well he really showed rampage how much better the ufc is not saying pride was better, But you cant say the were worse....i would love if no one used the term pride fighter anymore, cus there is no such thing, they are all UFC fighters, but chucks comments are just absurd...
wolfman
2/18/08 5:32:07PM
I have to agree here and say that he is quite delusional at the moment to think that he deserves a title shot right away. This is also coming from a big Liddell fan. Rampage beat him twice... I'd like to think that Chuck could beat him if they fought again, but I am not sure if he could. It also is too risky for him to lose three times to Rampage. I'm not saying Rampage isn't a good fighter, it's just losing three times to anyone is going to look bad.
Jackelope
2/18/08 5:34:55PM
This has got to be just hype.

In his book when talking about Pride vs. UFC He says they're both full of badasses. He never disses Pride once. This is just hype talk if you ask me.
wolfman
2/18/08 5:43:51PM

Posted by Jackelope

This has got to be just hype.

In his book when talking about Pride vs. UFC He says they're both full of badasses. He never disses Pride once. This is just hype talk if you ask me.

Could rightfully be, he's probably just taking a page out of Tito's book. Yet, I don't doubt that he feels he deserves Rampage instead. Who knows, it is all just speculation.
mkiv9secsupra
2/18/08 5:55:00PM
Hes going to KO Shogun but even with a win over Shogun i dont think he deserves a shot yet. I hope dan loses so we can see Henderson vs Liddell to become the number one contender for the LHW title. but oh well wishful thinking. Anyways Chuck is just hyping his fight. He completely respects PRIDE fighters.
NatedawgThaM
2/18/08 6:11:34PM
OMG Chuck STFU. He thinks just because he beat Wandy who's also coming off two losses, he's an MMA god. He loss two straight and beat somebody also coming off two losses, how the hell does that give him Rampage? Jardine whooped his ass, Rampage KHTFO. This whole statement is messed up.

God I hope crack does not kill famous UFC fighters like it did famous celebrities and/or there careers.
loonytnt
2/18/08 7:37:23PM
go chuck lol
cmill21
2/18/08 7:46:06PM
Lol when fighters and commentators start saying one is better then the other the ussually lose. Why does Chuck want another shot at Rampage? It's not like either of the first two were anywhere near close, and Chuck hasn't changed his style...
BlazinSaddle
2/18/08 8:27:53PM
i'll bet real money or an avatar that shogun wins, preferably real money nothing small either, high stakes, im that sure that shogun is gonna stomp all over chuck worse than rampage did and shogun will prove that he was not 100% against griffin but more like 65-75% (no disrespect to griffin whos a warrior himself)

shogun finishes sometime in the 1st or 2nd peppering him with leg kicks, takedowns, better movement and overall mma skills, i cannot find one way chuck can win besides poking mauricio in the eye than taking advantage
RMFG_187
2/19/08 1:25:28AM
Chuck won't fight Rampage again, but i do see an imminent fight with Forrest if he can beat Shogun. Rampage wont be Champ long enough to fight Chuck again, it's gonna be Forrest.

BTW, Chuck is crazy to believe he is supposed too be the next in line for a title shot! what a nut case.
Manfred
2/19/08 6:13:31AM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra
I hope dan loses so we can see Henderson vs Liddell to become the number one contender for the LHW title.

So Hendo lost his title shot, and if he loses again to Anderson, you think he deserves a title shot again if he beats Chuck who would be 2-2 in 4 fights at that point? Which Machida, Jardine, Rashad, Thiago and so many others in the mix??

I agree with Jackelope though. Chuck's just saying what his former manager and close friend is telling him to say.