UFC Quick Quote: Chuck Liddell is on a mission

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC Quick Quote: Chuck Liddell is on a mission
SmileR
8/29/08 10:13:29AM
“He finds a way to win. He’s done a good job controlling his fights. He’s good on top, and he moves well on his feet. He’s elusive and hard to hit, but I’m going to see if I can catch him…. I’m on a mission to get my title back and end my career on a streak of wins. I’m in shape, and I’m going to keep throwing like I do. The knockout power is still there.”

– Former UFC light heavyweight champion Chuck Liddell provides Sherdog.com with a quick and accurate scouting report of his upcoming opponent at UFC 88: “Breakthrough” on September 6, Rashad Evans. It’s the main event fight at the Philips Arena in Atlanta, Ga., earning the winner — especially if it’s Liddell — a likely title shot against Forrest Griffin perhaps before the year is even out. It’s a major contrast in styles — Liddell is the striker and Evans is the wrestler. And it will likely come down to who can execute the proper gameplan on fight night. There’s really no mystery involved … unless “Sugar” somehow “catches” the “Iceman” first.

Link