UFC Quick Quote: Chris Leben couldnt land that one big shot on Michael Bisping

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC Quick Quote: Chris Leben couldnt land that one big shot on Michael Bisping
MMAcca
10/19/08 3:46:58PM
“I said [to myself] I gotta draw him in somehow. I was playing every card I had. At that point I was like ******* screw it, let’s trade. Let’s try to get him to come in and bang with me a little bit and maybe I could land that shot. Sometimes you do and sometimes you don’t. And this time I didn’t. It was Bisping’s night tonight.”

– Chris Leben talks in the post-fight press conference about his mindset as he realized he was losing the main event fight against Michael Bisping at UFC 89

LINK
Twenty20Dollars
10/19/08 5:00:19PM
Im sure it was hard with bisping having that 5 inch reach advantage and bisping just playing counterstrike with leben.
CantAndleDaRiddum
10/19/08 6:37:11PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Im sure it was hard with bisping having that 5 inch reach advantage and bisping just playing counterstrike with leben.

bisping used his reach to his advantage for 15 minutes w/out giving into Leben & brawling......shows lots of compsure for a young fighter
FrankTheTank1181
10/19/08 7:25:15PM
I was pretty sure Bisping's english arrogance was gonna lead him to try and brawl with Leben, seems like I was wrong though.
saemskin
10/19/08 7:30:42PM
You know it was hard for Bisping to stick to his gameplan when Leben put his hands down and stuck out his chin.

Did any of you think that Leben was really on point for the first couple minutes. Calm, composed, unemotional. Then he seemed to get frustrated with Bispings counter only game plan and reach advantage that allows that game plan to be effective, and he began to lost his composure after awhile.
FrankTheTank1181
10/19/08 7:39:07PM
He had to start taking more risks though, Bisping was clearly winning the fight. Leben needed to do something to change it up.
nickcuc547
10/19/08 8:31:14PM
Leben fought his fight he just didn't connect, more often than not he does but bisping is a very skilled boxer and used some great head movement when leben got in close. both guys did what they were looking to do, bisping was just the better guy on that night.
bls1919
10/19/08 9:26:36PM
OK Bisping used his reach to gain a victory over Leben. It won't happen like that for him in the future. Bisping's future was wrote before he won the fight. A loss to A. Silva is inevitable. pretty sure Slva will win by Decapatation
imanidiot777
10/19/08 9:39:29PM

Posted by bls1919

OK Bisping used his reach to gain a victory over Leben. It won't happen like that for him in the future. Bisping's future was wrote before he won the fight. A loss to A. Silva is inevitable. pretty sure Slva will win by Decapatation

Assuming Cote does not get a lucky shot on Silva first because he has knock out power too.

Leben, I like the guy so much more now even though he lost just because he was a nice guy about everything and very respectful and seems to be getting his life together. If he can still be sober after a loss he has truly turned the corner, I hope the best.
CiaoBaby
10/19/08 11:29:37PM
I have to say I HATE Leben! He really did look great in the first half of the first round. Calm and compossed. He looked ripped also! Good for him. I still think he will never make top ten in that weight class and people need to stop sucking him off!