Quick Quote: Brock Not Like Anyone Else

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Quick Quote: Brock Not Like Anyone Else
DCRage
7/30/08 10:38:39AM
The understatement of the year has come from Brock Lesnar. When asked who he admires in UFC, he simply said he's Brock Lesnar, he's no there to be like anyone else.

Article
Darnok
7/30/08 10:48:12AM
The following is a link to the entire article it is interesting.

The whole article

For those that compare Kimbo to Lesnar.

I don't care who I fight, as long as they aren't cans.

Sorry just trying to be funny.
postman
7/30/08 12:03:26PM
Anyone else think Lesnar will win this next fight?
DevonFoxy
7/30/08 12:07:38PM
Idk i hate that Lesnar can be considered by some as a favorite against a guy like Herring with all Herrings been through in his career but I do see him as a favorite.

The guy is a tank I can't describe how big he looked against Mir and against Herring it won't be as big a difference but he's still going to probably have at least 30 pounds on Herring come fight time. Its scary and then put into effect that he's such a good wrestler its scary.

Herring said that Lesnar isn't the best wrestler he's fought which I mean that could be true in transition to MMA but I think Lesnar is going to be the most power HW in terms of wrestling he's ever faced.....all I can say is I can not wait for this fight!
DCRage
7/30/08 12:09:39PM

Posted by postman

Not me. I've got Herring winning in much the same way that Mir beat Lesnar.
xphycorx
7/30/08 12:10:02PM
i hope herring wins this fight. i would really hate to see a guy with only 2 career fights win in the ufc. i don't think he deserves to be in the ufc. he hasn't done anything to show that he belongs.
cmill21
7/30/08 12:27:26PM

Posted by DCRage

Posted by postman

Not me. I've got Herring winning in much the same way that Mir beat Lesnar.

I agree but I think Lesnar will be to over anxious on the feet and get dropped. Kaman is a great kickboxer and a damn good teacher so I don't think Brock should be anywhere near the feet this time.
State_Champ
7/30/08 12:34:47PM

Posted by bojangalz

Right now, I'm only looking at Heath Herring. My goal is to capture the UFC heavyweight championship

I bet if I dug hard enough I cold find a similar statement before the Frank Mir fight. Bad idea Brock. You should really be taking this one fight at a time cause that Herring guy you are looking past is probably gonna put a hurtin on you.

It seems to me that Brock says very clearly that he's "only looking at Heath Herring". If he's looking at him then he can't be looking past him too.

Maybe I'm just too stupid to understand the statement you're trying to make.
postman
7/30/08 12:38:10PM
I would not be suprised if herring won the fight, I just see Brock getting a quick takedown and holding him down maybe getting a tko but more then likely riding out a win.
bojangalz
7/30/08 1:30:03PM

Posted by State_Champ

Posted by bojangalz

Right now, I'm only looking at Heath Herring. My goal is to capture the UFC heavyweight championship

I bet if I dug hard enough I cold find a similar statement before the Frank Mir fight. Bad idea Brock. You should really be taking this one fight at a time cause that Herring guy you are looking past is probably gonna put a hurtin on you.

It seems to me that Brock says very clearly that he's "only looking at Heath Herring". If he's looking at him then he can't be looking past him too.

Maybe I'm just too stupid to understand the statement you're trying to make.

Nope- I'm retarded. Thats what I get for reading too quickly.
finnish_line
7/30/08 1:33:59PM

Brock will take Herring down, this is an almost certainty.

I can't see Brock's ground and pound not resulting in a TKO before the 15 minutes are up.

I will be shocked if this goes to a decision.
grappler0000
7/30/08 1:36:50PM

Posted by xphycorx

i hope herring wins this fight. i would really hate to see a guy with only 2 career fights win in the ufc. i don't think he deserves to be in the ufc. he hasn't done anything to show that he belongs.

Well, in all fairness...Chuck Liddell, Tito Ortiz, and BJ Penn all had their first pro fight in the UFC and Corey Hill came in with 1 fight, the same as Lesnar. And Brock has a more impressive resume coming in than all of them, with the exception of Penn.

Also, Cain Velasquez and Frank Mir only had 2 fights prior to the UFC and nobody is busting their chops over it. Arlovski had 3. People just like to put a target on Brock's head because of his Pro Wrestling career.
DCRage
7/30/08 1:41:41PM
There's also Matthew Riddle, who made his pro MMA debut at the TUF 7 Finale. Not too many, if any other fighters can claim that.
jlock003
7/30/08 1:46:23PM
I am actually a Brock Lesnar fan in MMA. Dana White is a genious promoter and at the end of the day if Lesnar doesn't produce Dana can just cut him lose and move on, but it's hard for me to not see Lesnar producing. The guy is a freakin animal. He probably has more athleticism than any big guy around. He just needs time to train. My concern for him in this fight is that Heath Herring has a good bit of wins via submission. Undoubtedly Brock wants to get the fight to the ground, but if he gets swept and wound up on bottom Herring can deffinitly finish the fight. I think Lesnar will win the fight, but I won't be surprised if Herring catches him on the grown like Mir did. It goes to show you that there really aren't any tune up fights in the organization right now. Personally I wouldn't have it any other way. A lot of people think Brock doesn't belong in the UFC based on his record or lack thereof, but if he can come to the table and beat Herring.....a top HW in the business, then I can't help but feel like he does. If he loses....I'll eat my words LOL.
whardin19
7/30/08 2:17:01PM
Man, too many people jumping down Lesnars throught because he has only had a few fights. Relax people, there's no need to diss how many fights he's had there are many people witht he same # of fights fighting in the UFC right now.

The one thing you guys are correct about though is that it's not going to be a cake walk for Brock against Herring. It's going to be a tough fight. But, I just see Brock being too strong in this fight and GnPing Herring for a victory in the 2nd.
The-Don
7/30/08 2:21:29PM
that really was an awful interview.. the questions looked like they were thought up by grade school kids... thought I enjoyed Brocks answers to them...

I am pulling for brock in this up coming fight...
nastshabast
7/30/08 2:22:42PM
Lesner is not Kimbo. That's for sure. I'm not sure he'll ever have a stellar record though, I see like a 6-4 5-5 maybe 7-3 through 10. I dunno. He's got some skills.
scottsec
7/30/08 2:57:41PM
Lesnar via GnP rd 1.
loller90278
7/30/08 3:01:00PM
herring via RNC or keylock
billycarnage
7/30/08 3:24:58PM
Herring will win 3rd round ref stoppage.

Lesnar is too WWE for me. Eveything he says makes me laugh.
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
Pyrenus
7/30/08 4:37:21PM
Lesnar will blow his load hammer fisting Herring's guard in the first round. Herring will slap a triangle on Brock in the 2nd.
postman
7/30/08 5:52:25PM

Posted by loller90278

herring via RNC or keylock

I don't see Brock getting sub by keylock. Hes too strong for that.

Posted by Pyrenus

Lesnar will blow his load hammer fisting Herring's guard in the first round. Herring will slap a triangle on Brock in the 2nd.

This has run through my head for sure he may get the tko or gas out and get subbed.
imanidiot777
7/30/08 7:23:07PM

Posted by DevonFoxy
The guy is a tank I can't describe how big he looked against Mir and against Herring it won't be as big a difference but he's still going to probably have at least 30 pounds on Herring come fight time.

It will be a bigger difference Frank Mir weighed in at 255 lbs for that fight and he was in great shape. Herring will not weigh in that big.
tdietel01
7/30/08 8:44:41PM
Someone already said it and i have thought it all along. brock will come out super fast and get a tko via GnP in the first. if he doesnt get him first or early 2nd he will prob gas out and get caught. i see him overwhelming heath and ending it quickley though.
Cdellorso
7/30/08 10:18:42PM

Posted by postman

I think he can- I am picking him to win but in no means or in anyway do i think Herring cant win this fight-

Just have to pick and i like Brock here in this fight 2nd round KO
SpiderSilva
7/30/08 11:09:44PM
I don't know what it is but that dude can sell himself without talking I can't wait to see him fight again I don't know why but man I know he hasn't got much respect from MMA regulars but man he sell good
Rabi
7/31/08 6:23:23AM
I reckon Herring rd 2 tko over a tired Lesnar.
Pookie
7/31/08 6:27:58AM

Posted by imanidiot777

Posted by DevonFoxy
The guy is a tank I can't describe how big he looked against Mir and against Herring it won't be as big a difference but he's still going to probably have at least 30 pounds on Herring come fight time.

It will be a bigger difference Frank Mir weighed in at 255 lbs for that fight and he was in great shape. Herring will not weigh in that big.

Herring weighs in at 250, and is in much better shape than mir is.
mrsmiley
7/31/08 6:30:23AM
I think Lesnar can win this fight,but statisticly this is a bad fight for him.
Herring's almost made a trademark of beating bigger guys that like to hold you down.
Rabi
7/31/08 6:32:59AM
I think Herring will win but I want him to win as well.