Quick Quote: Anthony Johnson is Greedy

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Quick Quote: Anthony Johnson is Greedy
DCRage
7/14/08 2:00:45PM
If UFC were ever to have an openweight division, Anthony Johnson would eagerly participate. He recently said that he wants to go after anyone holding a belt after he captures the UFC Welterweight Title.

Article
jocka
7/14/08 2:15:36PM
lol now thats funny he should start by fighthing someone thats worth mentionning after we will see if he can be a WW contender lol
CantAndleDaRiddum
7/14/08 2:29:47PM
yeah but u gotta love the heart & willingness to fight no matter who or what size they are
jocka
7/14/08 2:31:12PM

Posted by CantAndleDaRiddum

yeah but u gotta love the heart & willingness to fight no matter who or what size they are

anyone could say that they want to fight everyone but you need to be able to back it up which he is not but i see hwta ur saying.
bullettdodger
7/14/08 2:33:38PM
countin his chickens before they hatch...
wrona666
7/14/08 2:40:27PM
Once he beats and legit contender then we can start talking about title contension, but Johnson does have some legitimate stand up
CantAndleDaRiddum
7/14/08 2:49:24PM

Posted by jocka

Posted by CantAndleDaRiddum

anyone could say that they want to fight everyone but you need to be able to back it up which he is not but i see hwta ur saying.

i by no means think this guy has proven himself.....but he's def saying all the right things
gsquat
7/14/08 3:03:20PM
Definitely a litte cocky. He showed he could defend against jujitsu, for at least a little while, vs Clementi. His standup is fast and accurate. He picks his shots well. He'll beat the one-demensional Burns in his next fight, but I'd like to see him against real contenders.
KYGUY07
7/14/08 3:35:22PM
I think anthony Johnson is the real deal and is going to be a champion one day, just give him time.
DaBeatdown
7/14/08 5:09:43PM
If they were to eliminate grappling and jui jitsu, he MIGHT have a chance
wolfman
7/14/08 7:21:14PM

Posted by gsquat

Definitely a litte cocky. He showed he could defend against jujitsu, for at least a little while, vs Clementi. His standup is fast and accurate. He picks his shots well. He'll beat the one-demensional Burns in his next fight, but I'd like to see him against real contenders.

Kevin Burns one dimensional?! He looked well-rounded against Roan.
Sam_Rothstein
7/14/08 9:27:56PM

Posted by wolfman

Posted by gsquat

Kevin Burns one dimensional?! He looked well-rounded against Roan.

He obviously has never even seen burns fight otherwise he would know how horribly wrong his statement is. Just because you know nothing of a guy doesnt mean hes one dimensional
bigbubbano23
7/14/08 9:57:48PM
i think he'll get one but not two, he's no anderson silva
breakdown5
7/14/08 10:36:04PM
He should worry about the WW division. It's one of the deepest, if not the deepest division the UFC has. He should prove himself before he makes such a bold statement. He was a beast in his last fight though, and I look forward to his next fight. It's time for him to back up his words.
SpiderSilva
7/15/08 12:45:21AM
Johnson seem to use his talking to motivate himself I really think people are underestimating his ground game ahhhh hell if he gets his way after this fight it will be him vs Diego soon enough which is a fight everone wouldnt mind seeing then we will know if he's for real
Mchubb316
7/15/08 1:49:29AM
I think he is on track to be a top 10 fighter. There are so many guys in the WW division that could defeat him that him making statements like that at this point are silly. I respect his confidence, but he needs more time to prove he is a threat at 170 before he starts going after different weight classes. If he wins this next fight, I say give him Koscheck, it would be a good measuring stick for Johnson.
gsquat
7/15/08 10:04:22AM
Burns wont stand with AJ so all he'll be looking for is the takedown and submission. That makes him one dimensional in this fight, and for him... right now... this fights is all that matters. So he is one dimensional. Don't be morons.
wolfman
7/15/08 11:40:41AM

Posted by gsquat

Burns wont stand with AJ so all he'll be looking for is the takedown and submission. That makes him one dimensional in this fight, and for him... right now... this fights is all that matters. So he is one dimensional. Don't be morons.

So, since AJ won't want to be on the mat with Burns it makes him one dimensional as well....Because I'm sure AJ wants to keep the fight standing, so doesn't that make him one dimensional for this fight as well?!

This is also different from what you implied earlier, "He'll beat the one-dimensional Burns in his next fight, but I'd like to see him against real contenders." Sounds like you were just implying that he was a one dimensional fighter all the time.

EDIT: Also, don't call me a moron.
gsquat
7/15/08 2:05:01PM
Say what you want. He'll look very one-dimensional against AJ. Argue when the fight is over.

p.s. I'll call you whatever I want.
wolfman
7/15/08 5:50:31PM

Posted by gsquat

Say what you want. He'll look very one-dimensional against AJ. Argue when the fight is over.

p.s. I'll call you whatever I want.

Well, all I was saying by your standards AJ will look one-dimensional as well since he'll just be looking for the KO. I don't doubt that AJ will KO Burns, I just hope to see Burns win.

Oh and be a keyboard warrior if you want and call me what you want, shows what class you have.
Sam_Rothstein
7/16/08 11:14:58PM
yeah no crap.

If Burns will be one dimensional in this fight so would johnson. You wont see burns run in and try to rush Johnson like chad reiner did, but you are not gonna see Rumble try and flop on his back and pull gaurd either.