Quick question about ufc on fox deal

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Quick question about ufc on fox deal
DrivenDavies15
11/23/11 8:01:51PM
Just wondering when the deal starts in 2012 and i'm not even sure they have talked about it yet but will the have FOX or FX prelims like they have spike prelims right now showing 2 prelim fights before events? Kind of a random question but I was just thinkin about how Gomi v G-sots could be a great fight for a FOX prelim showing in japan lol
Geoffo
11/23/11 9:04:14PM
The deal starts 2012 January 1st. The first FOX event in 2012 is UFC on FOX 2: Sonnen vs. Munoz (i'm pretty sure)
I'm pretty sure they will have Facebook fights and prelims on FX, not 100%

Gomi vs. G-sot would be fun.
BlueSkiesBurn
11/23/11 9:04:46PM

Posted by DrivenDavies15

Just wondering when the deal starts in 2012 and i'm not even sure they have talked about it yet but will the have FOX or FX prelims like they have spike prelims right now showing 2 prelim fights before events? Kind of a random question but I was just thinkin about how Gomi v G-sots could be a great fight for a FOX prelim showing in japan lol

The deal has already began.

If you were wondering about TUF, it will be on FX. They will show normal episodes during the week and then a Friday episode will air the fight for the week live. The Ultimate Fighter will begin on the FOX family as soon as this season ends.

Prelims will be distributed throughout FX, FUELTV, and FOX.com. I imagine they will keep things on Facebook as well.

I hope that answers your question.
Geoffo
11/23/11 9:40:05PM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Posted by DrivenDavies15

The deal has already began.

If you were wondering about TUF, it will be on FX. They will show normal episodes during the week and then a Friday episode will air the fight for the week live. The Ultimate Fighter will begin on the FOX family as soon as this season ends.

Prelims will be distributed throughout FX, FUELTV, and FOX.com. I imagine they will keep things on Facebook as well.

I hope that answers your question.

Deal hasn't started yet.
UFC on FOX 1 was an extra event that FOX gave UFC.
Twenty20Dollars
11/23/11 10:51:04PM
No more streaming fights on Facebook.

They are suppose to be all on tv or that is the hope. So FX, Fuel for the prelims maybe fox.com.

I'm pretty sure they said they will be done streaming on facebook with this new deal b/c they don't need too with their other outlets to broadcast them on.
Geoffo
11/23/11 11:05:55PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

No more streaming fights on Facebook.

They are suppose to be all on tv or that is the hope. So FX, Fuel for the prelims maybe fox.com.

I'm pretty sure they said they will be done streaming on facebook with this new deal b/c they don't need too with their other outlets to broadcast them on.

Personally, I loved the Facebook fights on my HD LED monitor
tcunningham
11/23/11 11:48:06PM
im glad the facebook fights are done (assuming they are), that means i can cancel that facebook shit. i hated it from the beginning. i hope this deal turns out good, i think alot of fans got a bad taste from the cain/dos santos fight
prozacnation1978
11/26/11 9:52:30AM
No more facebook fights thank god!!!

Will be like this

Prelims - fuel tv
Two prime prelims - on fx tv
Main card on pay per view.

Rumor is gomi will face matt wiman in japan if it does happen