Quick, Keith Jardine needs an opponent for May 26th!

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Quick, Keith Jardine needs an opponent for May 26th!
AchillesHeel
4/6/07 2:52:27PM
Apparently the UFC hasn't found somebody for Keith Jardine to fight at UFC 71, 26 of May. With time growing short, maybe we should help them out...

James Irvin is 12-3, and last fought at UFC 65 in November, with a 2nd-rnd TKO of Hector Ramirez. He's a striker, with 9 victories by (T)KO, and could go toe-to-toe with The Dean of Mean.

One of the Fertittas said that there isn't time to line up a Pride fighter, even with the recent acquisition. But I bet Alistair Overeem (24-10) would love the chance to get the Heck outta Japan and start over in the Octagon, after consecutive losses to Antonio Rogerio Nogueira, Ricardo Arona, and Mauricio Rua.

Former TUF guy Ross Pointon is only 4-8, but is a brawler who can't catch a break with all these grapplers he keeps fighting. I bet he'd like the chance to trade blows with another striker, and 205 is supposedly his preferred fighting weight.
nubby
4/6/07 3:17:26PM
Ken Shamrock.
Ultimate_fighter
4/6/07 3:37:31PM
I would love if they brought some guy in from pride. But I think his next opponent should be Matt Hamill.... .. well when is stephan bonnar comin back?
pv3Hpv3p
4/6/07 3:55:28PM
Jason Lambert... Both are coming of big 'up-set' KO's, and this fight could solidify one or the other in the LHW div
the-james
4/6/07 4:06:04PM
It will most likly be a guy like lambert or irvin but i think it could be a can to build him up
pv3Hpv3p
4/6/07 4:14:01PM

Posted by AchillesHeel

One of the Fertittas said that there isn't time to line up a Pride fighter, even with the recent acquisition. But I bet Alistair Overeem (24-10) would love the chance to get the Heck outta Japan and start over in the Octagon, after consecutive losses to Antonio Rogerio Nogueira, Ricardo Arona, and Mauricio Rua.

I really like the idea of Overeem coming over to the UFC... He has lost to top flight competition and is a hell of a striker... I think American fans would gravitate towards him very quickly... That and he's a huge (if not the biggest) LHW around... Personally I think that's why he seems to gas every now and then, from all the cutting he has to do...

The guys had a rough go at it for the last little while, and I think the move could really resurrect his career...
AchillesHeel
4/6/07 4:14:18PM
I bet Lambert could get back in the cage. He didn't look hurt or anything after his fight with Babalu. Jardine was supposed to fight David Heath - Lambert would definitely be a stiffer challenge for him, which might be good.
AchillesHeel
4/6/07 4:15:58PM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

[...]and he's a huge (if not the biggest) LHW around...

Yeah, isn't he like 6'5" or something?
Ydoc
4/6/07 4:39:25PM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Jason Lambert... Both are coming of big 'up-set' KO's, and this fight could solidify one or the other in the LHW div

Sounds good. A fight to see whose right under Evans in the up and coming category. That didn't sound right.
pv3Hpv3p
4/6/07 4:42:34PM

Posted by AchillesHeel

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

[...]and he's a huge (if not the biggest) LHW around...

Yeah, isn't he like 6'5" or something?

Yup... Just plain huge... he has actually beaten some decent fighter at heavyweight including Sergei Kharitonov, Roman Zentsov, and I don't remember if he fought Igor at HW or LHW? Also took Big Nog to a decision, which I guess a lot of people had done, but meh...

The guys got great Muay Thai... If you've seen the Liddell fight, IMO, he was clearly winning in the striking department until Chuck landed a couple of those looping rights...

He gets so close sometimes, but just can't seem to put it all together at once... I really think he could be a great addition to the UFC's LHW div.

I've seen it on here before, but I think the UFC should trade Tito and Alistar... They could both use a fresh start... IMO, American fans would love Overeem for his striking, and Tito would be an instant success in Japan because of his personality

EDIT: Sorry I don't know what the hell I was thinking... Alistar never fought big nog... He fought lil nog (twice) and Big Nog fought his brother Valentijn
hippysmacker
4/6/07 4:57:12PM
SHOGUN! That would be great . Also, with all these rumors about Chuck fighting him next, it would make a lot of sense to introduce him to the casual fan. They could even bill it as a #1 contender fight.
AchillesHeel
4/6/07 5:07:07PM

Posted by hippysmacker

SHOGUN! That would be great .

Boy, you must hate Keith Jardine...

Seriously, though... Shogun had better get a shot at Henderson's Middleweight belt or I'll viciously kick the corner of my desk. And I won't be surprised if Shogun wins that fight. My desk, too. It's got mean leg kicks and is impossible to take down.
hathcock32
4/6/07 8:49:54PM
Brandon Vera.....
shawneth
4/6/07 8:53:18PM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

I second that
ButterBalls
4/6/07 9:38:02PM
I agree with Lambert vs. Jardine. I still don't see both of them as contenders and that fight could solidify one of thier careers.
Hurricane_Brad
4/7/07 3:37:55AM
Lambert vs Jardine seems to be the obvious choice to name a new contender for the LHW belt.