Need some quick advice for an upcoming fight....

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Need some quick advice for an upcoming fight....
NatedawgThaM
7/2/07 6:14:40PM
I'm only 15 turning 16 in August so i don't do organized MMA & I don't even train MMA but I know 2 or 3 people who are about to go to a place 45 minutes from us but usually I do mma fights with Friends. Not to try and hurt each other but just because we have nothing else better to do in a farmers town surrounded by Amish and farms....

The guy I'm fighting is about 6'3'' about 500 pounds(lol overexaggeratting) and I'm about 5'7'' and alittle chubby....

I've faught him about 10 times and have loss every one. I have decent wrestling but not dominant wrestling. I just use my wrestling to get and stay out of submission holds. I'm more of a stand up fighter and the guy I'm fighting says he wants to stand and brawl but is known for taking me down and laying and preying for the whole fight...

The rounds go 5 3 mintues rounds because were fighting for the interm trialor park title and I know people on this site have some experience and actually train so somebody please give me some advice!!!!
Ydoc
7/2/07 6:28:20PM
Stop doing this backyard wrestling crap. Real MMA bouts have weight classes and pay days... all your doing is risking harm in these fights.
NatedawgThaM
7/2/07 6:47:18PM
The gloves are padded good enough and were just having fun. It's not like we hate each other and are trying to swing to knock each others heads off. Most the fights are won by decision or submission anyway. It's not like we TKO or KO each other out. I've faught over 30-40 times and we've had about 70-80 fights and the worst that has happened was a bloody nose from a kid who always gets them and the other week I got a scratch on my face that I didn't even know I had until someone told me because I didn't feel anything.

Were just bored teenagers who love to fight and have won....I just posted this because I hate losing to this fat ass....
DevonFoxy
7/2/07 9:55:40PM
I understand your just having fun and prolly no ones gonna get hurt but this is what everyone thinks of MMA that doesn't understand its an art form and more about skill then "two guys killing each other" i know u see it as a simple goofing around with friends thing but if ya do this and lets say sum one dies wow what bad publicity MMA will get and a person just joking around will be lost for nothing. Just think about what your doing its really not worth it.
jdubs
7/2/07 10:02:00PM
kick him in the balls
JunCTion
7/2/07 10:04:31PM
dont waste your time and health just to have fun cause your bored. also you dont have to hate eachother to get ko'd or break an arm. why not just learn and train an mma environment.
cincyassasin
7/3/07 1:10:13AM

Posted by JunCTion

dont waste your time and health just to have fun cause your bored. also you dont have to hate eachother to get ko'd or break an arm. why not just learn and train an mma environment.

Aether
7/3/07 6:31:14PM
yeah I mean regardless of if you are old enough to compete in actual leagues or not you can definitely go to an MMA gym and get some real training and sparring time in a regulated environment.
Aether
7/3/07 6:35:18PM
oh and my advice is if you're flexible enough and he's lay n' praying, put a gogo on his ass. hehe. once he's in your guard just pull one of your legs up to his shoulder, push his head up and slide it under his neck. Most people will actually panick and lift their head up for you if they have no real training.
Trapt1nw0nder
7/3/07 6:45:00PM
Here are some real good pointers....hope it helps

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ortY8td-pSw
rcg916
7/3/07 7:28:24PM
Pretty sure these guys started out as just for fun...

LINK

Dont let this be you! Train, and fight in a safe, controlled environment. Not a trailer Park.
Metafour
7/3/07 7:36:08PM
Take the advice given to you from people here. DO NOT fight against people in organized street fights. No one will end up winning and you could really get hurt or end up in trouble.
fedorwins1
7/3/07 9:34:18PM
I agree put him in a gogo or an omoplata....if you even know what they are
SubmitYou
7/4/07 4:24:26PM
If you really truely enjoyed MMA and it's vast accomplishments over the past few years, buy a book and read about the history of MMA and maybe then you'll respect how far this sport has come.

It doesn't need ANY NEGATIVE media from kids starting backyard brawls because they don't understand the art and sport that it now has become.
Mastodon2
7/4/07 7:00:40PM
Stop fighting on the streets, start training in a gym.
Stickan
7/5/07 7:42:39AM
I don't know why you guys keep the secrets and ways of fighting from this guy.

The way to block a high kick:
Many people don't know this but the nose is the hardest bone on the entire body. So headbutt his shin with your nose and he'll be in excruciating pain.

The way to defend against the rear naked choke:
Grapplers are like bears. The only way to escape when he's on your back trying to apply the choke is by lying flat on your stomach and play dead. If you feel like you're about to pass out, that's just the powerful increase of testosterone that happens when you do the play dead move so just let it continue.

The best attacks:
The dropkick is the most lethal weapon in a fighters arsenal. Use this multiple times during the fights. There is no defence for a dropkick.
fedorwins1
7/5/07 2:06:34PM

Posted by Stickan

I don't know why you guys keep the secrets and ways of fighting from this guy.

The way to block a high kick:
Many people don't know this but the nose is the hardest bone on the entire body. So headbutt his shin with your nose and he'll be in excruciating pain.

The way to defend against the rear naked choke:
Grapplers are like bears. The only way to escape when he's on your back trying to apply the choke is by lying flat on your stomach and play dead. If you feel like you're about to pass out, that's just the powerful increase of testosterone that happens when you do the play dead move so just let it continue.

The best attacks:
The dropkick is the most lethal weapon in a fighters arsenal. Use this multiple times during the fights. There is no defence for a dropkick.

Lol headbutt his shin with your nose. I tried to give you props, but it said spread the love.
madmarck
7/5/07 8:25:59PM

Posted by NatedawgThaM
were fighting for the interm trialor park title a

Correct spelling.
We are Fighting for the interm Trailer part title.

You are a joker. Nice though.
NatedawgThaM
7/6/07 5:30:32AM
I forgot to mention we don't use kneeing or elbowing to the face if that helps you guys feel better about this....
iwannabesedated
7/8/07 7:14:56PM
Wow...bet your mom will be happy to know her son is the Trailer Park Champ

I can hear it now....your mother yelling

JIMBO JIMBO.....NatedawgThaM won...he got a cardboard cut out belt the kids made at recess....how cute...thats my little sweetie

i got a feeling ill see on CNN or some media outlet..headline

Teen dies from trying to emulate UFC/MMA...and then every politician in the US will be on the BAN MMA bandwagon..all because some 15 year old kids trying to be cool in a trailer park..Kids like you remind of the kids who try to be like bam margera or some jackass guys....focus on getting your drivers license or something...or join a local gym...
nate22
7/9/07 8:13:59AM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

I forgot to mention we don't use kneeing or elbowing to the face if that helps you guys feel better about this....

Grow up mans, train together, don't fight each other. Be the one with the real balls and stand up and tell them how ******* stupid they are being.

Up to you at the end of the day, but you have seen what the majorities advice for you is, and yes they are alot older and alot wiser than your ass, so take it into consideration.
fedorwins1
7/9/07 7:38:36PM
I still say you headbutt him in the shin as hard as you can.