Questions for fellow PG parents.

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Questions for fellow PG parents.
SpiderSilva
9/13/12 9:03:44AM
Have your children lost every remote in your house? I started 4 direct tv remotes 1 in the family room, 1 in the upstairs front room, 1 in the master bed room, and 1 in the kids play room. yet now all I have is 1 remote.

Also do they remove the batteries from the remotes at your house? Half the time the remotes didn't have batteries along with the only one THAT STILL DISAPEARS on a regular basis.

Also missing
My game room TV remote
Blu ray remote
Receiver remote
family room TV remote
upstairs front room TV remote
Master bed room TV remote

What are they building something with these? I mean jeez The house is cleaned on a regular basis and yet I still can't find any of them. Maybe the underpants nomes
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
postman
9/13/12 9:14:54AM
I remember being a kid and my dad freaking out about the remote
Rabi
9/13/12 9:33:16AM
I lose stuff, my daughter finds it for me
SpiderSilva
9/13/12 9:35:42AM
My wife says the kids look for stuff like their dad. We never find anything.......
thevoodooninja
9/13/12 10:32:48AM
When I was a kid I remember me being the remote. My dad would make me get up and change the channel. And yes there was a couple times he lost me...
kopower
9/13/12 11:44:58AM
Funny you bring this up. My DVD remote has been missing for a week. Looked under furniture and in closets, and still can't locate it. My son must have found a really good hiding spot.
cowcatcher
9/13/12 12:27:43PM
My son is going to be 18 about a month, so he's too old and gives too much of a shit about the remote to lose it, but I've got 10 nieces and nephews and they always lose my remotes. Not only that, but the cordless phones in the house too. The other day I found the phone and the Bose remote in my basement next to my beer fridge, I'm still wondering what in the hell they were doing there.
BuffaloDave
9/13/12 12:45:48PM
Sounds like time to invest in,

Theoutlaw08
9/13/12 1:10:55PM
My remote was missing for 3 months and i kept complaining to my wife about it. She finally came out and said that the dog had chewed it up. She knew i would get mad (because guys get mad about stupid shit like the remote) She said she was going to try and replace it with the same one but couldnt find it at any stores (which is weird because we just bought the tv from Best Buy last year). So she was hoping i would forget. But sunday when football was on, i had to keep getting up to flip between games and i was complaining the whole time......so she finally told me on Sunday. Went out the night and bought a new remote.
george112
9/13/12 1:11:10PM
DVD remote cannot find anywhere

I don't have kids but I still lose the damn things

My satellite remote is always within view. But not so for the aforementioned DVD remote and my tv remote.
Adrenaline
9/13/12 1:38:07PM

Posted by voodoo-jitsu

When I was a kid I remember me being the remote. My dad would make me get up and change the channel. And yes there was a couple times he lost me...

Most whipper snappers would look at you in disbelief if you told them there was a time when televisions didn't have remotes, and that when they finally did get them, they usually had a cord. Now I'm just a youngin myself but I know this because when I was a kid my parents were incredibly cheap. I begged for my own TV so they found one in the basement. It was a 13 inch, black and white TV with a channel knob that only went to like 13 for some reason First world problems right? ha ha.

Anyway I can just picture this conversation at your house voodoo:

Dad to wife: "Honey where is the remote?"

Wife: " Child protective services took it again"
scoozna
9/13/12 1:44:49PM
I have 3 kids and we've never lost a remote. They keep dropping the damn things on the floor though...it's only a matter of time before they stop working.

SpiderSilva
9/13/12 2:50:30PM

Posted by scoozna

I have 3 kids and we've never lost a remote. They keep dropping the damn things on the floor though...it's only a matter of time before they stop working.

Must be nice............
thevoodooninja
9/13/12 6:33:30PM

Posted by Adrenaline

Posted by voodoo-jitsu

Most whipper snappers would look at you in disbelief if you told them there was a time when televisions didn't have remotes, and that when they finally did get them, they usually had a cord. Now I'm just a youngin myself but I know this because when I was a kid my parents were incredibly cheap. I begged for my own TV so they found one in the basement. It was a 13 inch, black and white TV with a channel knob that only went to like 13 for some reason First world problems right? ha ha.

Anyway I can just picture this conversation at your house voodoo:

Dad to wife: "Honey where is the remote?"

Wife: " Child protective services took it again"

we did have a doublewide that attracted a lot of attention...

for the record my dads wife would be my mom
backalley101
9/13/12 6:46:13PM
Oh yeah, my kids will be watching tv in the livingroom (even though they both have 32" tvs in their rooms), and I will come in and ask where the remotes are. Their famous response "I don't know, dad". I'm surprised my kids are doing so well in school, because every time I ask them anything, they don't know. They don't know SHIT!
thevoodooninja
9/13/12 6:59:21PM

Posted by backalley101

Oh yeah, my kids will be watching tv in the livingroom (even though they both have 32" tvs in their rooms), and I will come in and ask where the remotes are. Their famous response "I don't know, dad". I'm surprised my kids are doing so well in school, because every time I ask them anything, they don't know. They don't know SHIT!

i dont know is quite possibly the best 3 word in the english language. those 3 little words can get you out of big trouble
emfleek
9/14/12 10:49:26AM
My daughter jacks remotes and cell phones. We even gave her old ones that we no longer need/use...not good enough. She's like one of you Apple sheep...just has to have the latest product.
Bubbles
9/14/12 11:03:21AM

Posted by voodoo-jitsu

Posted by backalley101

i dont know is quite possibly the best 3 word in the english language. those 3 little words can get you out of big trouble

or blame Jon Jones
kopower
9/18/12 9:36:16PM

Posted by emfleek

My daughter jacks remotes and cell phones. We even gave her old ones that we no longer need/use...not good enough. She's like one of you Apple sheep...just has to have the latest product.

We do the same thing, and have the same problem. I'm assuming the kids see us on our cell phones, and want to use those, not the old ones laying around. Tonight, my wife found her new smartphone, only 2 months old, in the dishwasher, after the cycle was run. Fingers crossed that the rice trick works.