Question on protein

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » MMA Training » Question on protein
HMA123
8/17/08 5:27:06PM
I was wondering if it was ok to mix proteins in one day.
Like if i were to take a certain kind of protein in the morning then at night take something else.
I been at my close relatives house for a few days and ive took some of his NitroTech to see how it was and stuff, then at night i would take MuscleMilk...
Its not like im going to do it every day or something but for the past maybe 2-3 days that happened.
I was just wondering, because MuscleMilk and NitroTech are 2 diffrent things. NitroTech has ALOT of stuff regular protein supplements dont have. So yeah just wondering..

Anyone have any comparisons also, because i was thinking about going from MM to NitroTech...
hails
8/18/08 4:54:50AM
No dramas!

Depending on how much you work out and what your goals are, you should be having different types of protein each day.

One protein before and after your work out which is quickly absorbed into your body.

One protein before bed and first think in the morning, these proteins should be slow or long lasting protein to keep your protein levels up!!!

So you're all good!!!

Tizzy
11/20/08 6:22:07PM
From what I have read and heard most whey protein made in North America comes from 2-3 different plants and is distributed to the companies who put labels on it. So mixing proteins doesn't really matter.

Sometimes there are other things mixed in with the protein that you may want to look into but on whey protein most of it comes from the same place.
Rush
11/20/08 7:32:44PM
Protein powders differ in a number of different categories.

The source (or quality of the source) of the protein
How it is isolated
Additives

Then there is the factor of how you take it (water, juice, milk, with food, etc)

These all contribute to how effective the protein will be for you.

So the only "problem" I see with taking different sources of protein powders is that the one you don't use regularly might not work as well or may work better.

I am not aware of any side effects caused by eating two different protein powder sources, whether simultaneously or not.
RiseUp21
11/20/08 10:22:39PM

Posted by Tizzy

From what I have read and heard most whey protein made in North America comes from 2-3 different plants and is distributed to the companies who put labels on it...Sometimes there are other things mixed in with the protein

I just read this too. Same dude said chocolate milk is one of the only working supplements.