Question about the new season of TUF

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Question about the new season of TUF
FastKnockout
9/19/11 11:09:15PM
The reason fights on the show haven't been added to the official records of the fighters of the past seasons is due to the fact the Athletic commission says official records are to be updated as soon as the fight is over. So, for the UFC to keep the results of the show hush hush they have to make them exhibition bouts.

Now, what I'm wondering is will the new season add wins/losses to the fighters official records considering that the fights will be done live from now on?
Twenty20Dollars
9/20/11 12:08:13AM
I still think they will be exhibition fights and won't count on the records. Still prolly be 2x5 min rounds, so that's prolly why they still will be considered "exhibition".

But that's what I think, don't know for sure.
ghandikush
9/20/11 1:15:26AM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

I still think they will be exhibition fights and won't count on the records. Still prolly be 2x5 min rounds, so that's prolly why they still will be considered "exhibition".

But that's what I think, don't know for sure.

It doesnt have to be 2x5 but could be.
Chael_Sonnen
9/20/11 1:28:10AM

Posted by FastKnockout

The reason fights on the show haven't been added to the official records of the fighters of the past seasons is due to the fact the Athletic commission says official records are to be updated as soon as the fight is over. So, for the UFC to keep the results of the show hush hush, they have to make them exhibition bouts.

Now, what I'm wondering is will the new season add wins/losses to the fighters official records, considering that the fights will be done live from now on?

Currently, at least for this season, I don't think it'll count on their record....but....I wouldn't be surprised, if in the future, they do eventually count
bojangalz
9/20/11 7:27:37AM
Pretty sure the UFC adds those fights to their fighters records for the purposes of PPV broadcasts though. In the case of Rashad Evans they've always got more wins on his record that the fight finder does, and I'm almost certain that I've seen it with others as well.
FastKnockout
9/20/11 12:21:35PM
Thanks for answering, guys. Can't for for the two hour premiere!
Twenty20Dollars
9/20/11 3:27:44PM
I didn't read anything about them changing it to 3x5, so I guess it would still be 2x5.

There was also another reason why they are exhibition fights too, not just because it is on tv and what not. Actually I believe this is the reason below, nothing with tv and not showing records, it's health and commission stuff.

I think I remember it being something medical wise and with the medical suspensions, with the exhibition fights there like isn't a suspension or something along those lines, but if they made them 3x5 and made them actual fights to put on their record then the fighters would have longer suspensions and wouldn't be able to fight again so soon.