Question About Florian

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Question About Florian
BlazinSaddle
3/18/08 1:38:33AM
Why is a big majority so confident hes going to win, and saying things like "this is a step down for him" and how much Lauzon dosnt deserve this fight?

Ive seen most of his fights and dosnt come across as top 10 material just yet, his fight with to Din was a fluke because of an injury so that fight cant be used
Kpro
3/18/08 1:39:53AM
This wouldn't be a step down if this were Kenny Florian 3.40 or lower. But this is Kenny Florian 4.12
ThaAxeMurderer7
3/18/08 1:53:52AM
I was thinking about this the other day. It's not that I feel that Joe can't beat Kenny, its just that something doesnt sit right with me. What I mean is, I am not a Nate Diaz or Manny Gamburyan fan, but they were the final two at the end and on the same card Joe is fighting Kenny in the main event, Manny is stuck on the undercard? I respect the hell out of Joe and I believe he could beat Kenny but it seemed to make more sense to me to put Manny or Nate in the main event instead of Joe. Anyway, I'm calling fight of the night for Kenny vs. Joe.
Nightmare27
3/18/08 2:13:29AM

Posted by ThaAxeMurderer7

I was thinking about this the other day. It's not that I feel that Joe can't beat Kenny, its just that something doesnt sit right with me. What I mean is, I am not a Nate Diaz or Manny Gamburyan fan, but they were the final two at the end and on the same card Joe is fighting Kenny in the main event, Manny is stuck on the undercard? I respect the hell out of Joe and I believe he could beat Kenny but it seemed to make more sense to me to put Manny or Nate in the main event instead of Joe. Anyway, I'm calling fight of the night for Kenny vs. Joe.

It just goes to show that where they finish on the show doesnt matter. Its a popularity contest. I think that Joe more than has a chance in this fight IMO. The only person to put Florian on his back was Sherk and he was able to keep him there and get a victory. Now I am not comparing Louzon's wrestling to Sherk's but he should definetly use his gameplan.
ufcboss
3/18/08 4:07:13AM
It was a long time ago, But Joe did KO Jens Pulver, And that means alot (To me anyway).

It is ironic that the winner and runner up of TUF5 are both under Joe/Florian, Nate vs Florian would of been good too.

I am really looking forward to this show, Cant wait.

WAR........Everyone!
bullettdodger
3/18/08 4:37:24AM
This is one of the hardest fights for me to pick at the moment, seems like both fighters have a good chance to win. I've been going back and forth but i have Florian at the moment... but i feel a change coming... Personally though, i think its less of a popularity contest and more of an experience factor for Joe being in the main event over Diaz and Manny... neither have as much of it as Joe does. Anyone and everyone eventually loses and one of Joe's just happened to have occurred while competing on TUF. Just my thoughts though.
BlazinSaddle
3/18/08 3:32:53PM
i wanted a florian nuthugger to answer this thread......
billycarnage
3/18/08 4:49:09PM
I think Pellegrino vs Diaz is a bigger draw (IMO). And the two are equally deserving. But as long as they cram in as many fights as possible in the 3 hour block I am happy.
D0wnUnd6e6r
3/18/08 5:04:20PM
I want Lauzon to win so bad