Question for you fedor fans....

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Question for you fedor fans....
tdietel01
1/23/09 9:08:30PM
I was wondering if fedor has faced an opponant with the hand speed + size of arlovski? Will it make a difference?
Jackelope
1/23/09 9:19:28PM
He's faced better strikers with greater size in Mirko Crocop and Semmy Schilt. Add Mark Hunt to the list if you want, too. Although I don't really know if you could say Hunt's handspeed is as fast as Arlovski's. Hunt is deceptively fast for a massive heavyweight, though.

Edit: Oh yeah, add Big Daddy Goodridge to the list of good strikers he's faced, too.
breakdown5
1/23/09 9:30:41PM
Fedor has fought some legit K1 level strikers and succeeded every time. Arlovski has good boxing/footwork/handspeed, but Fedor has seen it before. If he could beat Cro Cop in his prime, he can handle Arlovski IMO. I don't think he'll keep this fight on the feet. He should clinch up, score the td and throw up another awesome armbar. Once this fight hits the ground, its all Fedor. Arlovski was having trouble with Nelson on the ground. Fedor is way better than Nelson on the ground and barring another controversial standup, Fedor will score the sub.

If this was a boxing match, Fedor would probably be in trouble. But it's not, so Fedor will finish with the sub after cracking Arlovski with a power shot to the head and then scoring the td.
Wolfenstein
1/23/09 9:40:17PM
With Arlovski's hand speed? No, he hasn't. He's faced some good kickboxers, but no one with the level of boxing and handspeed that Arlovski has, probably because Arlovski has the quickest hands at HW. He's deinetely fought guys that are much bigger though. I doubt it will make a difference though, and it will be just another guy to add to the resume.

RandyCouture
1/23/09 9:58:01PM
It wont matter arlovskis hand speed hes one of my favorite fighters but Fedor will hit that glass jaw and sub him.
cmill21
1/24/09 1:48:13AM

Posted by Wolfenstein

With Arlovski's hand speed? No, he hasn't. He's faced some good kickboxers, but no one with the level of boxing and handspeed that Arlovski has, probably because Arlovski has the quickest hands at HW. He's deinetely fought guys that are much bigger though. I doubt it will make a difference though, and it will be just another guy to add to the resume.

Some would argue aleks has faster hands then AA, I would say they would be close for sure, and Aleks is bigger. I guess they've faced each other once or twice.

EDIT: Watching AA vs Big Ben...he is getting easily clinched, and taken down by Ben, just something to think about.
Bowen50
1/24/09 1:45:43PM
i'm picking Arlovski on the playground just for the hell of it. in my opinion Arlovski has the best shot at beating Fedor out of anyone Fedor will fight anytime soon. i still think Fedor will win for some reason i just want to see him lose. i can't explain why because i have no idea why. i have a lot of respect for what Fedor has accomplished throughout his career, i just want Arlovski to prove he's human
mrsmiley
1/24/09 3:07:33PM

Posted by Bowen50

i'm picking Arlovski on the playground just for the hell of it. in my opinion Arlovski has the best shot at beating Fedor out of anyone Fedor will fight anytime soon. i still think Fedor will win for some reason i just want to see him lose. i can't explain why because i have no idea why. i have a lot of respect for what Fedor has accomplished throughout his career, i just want Arlovski to prove he's human

I think it will be tough for Fedor no doubt.
He has to get this fight to the ground or clinch fast.
One of AA's biggest weakness,is that it almost seems like he has to warm up during the fight before he really gets his game on.
I'm going with Fedor,but laying some serious play money on AA.
gartface
1/24/09 4:39:29PM
Crocop and Schilt.

We saw what Roy Nelson was almost capable of on the ground with Arlovski, what does you expect is going to happen when Fedor takes him down?