Question about the UFC: Best of 2007 DVD

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Question about the UFC: Best of 2007 DVD
krthll1
4/26/08 5:50:27PM
Do you think there were any fights that desrved to be on the DVD that didn't make it?
The following fights are on the DVD
Disc 1:
Frank Edgar vs. Tyson Griffin
Martin Kampmann vs. Drew McFedries
Kenny Florian vs. Dokonjonosuke Mishima
St-Pierre vs. Serra
Cro Cop vs. Gonzaga
Jardine vs. Alexander
Liddell vs. Jackson
Stout vs. Fisher
Griffin vs. Guida
Sakara vs. Alexander
Davis vs. Taylor
Jackson vs. Henderson
Disc 2:
Shogun vs. Forrest Griffin
Koppenhaver vs. Rollins
Heurta vs. Guida
Liddell vs. Silva
St-Pierre vs. Hughes

Tell me the fight that belongs and tell me what fight you would replace it with.
I would have added Sylvia vs. Couture and took out Alexander vs. Sakara. One could also make an argument for Huerta vs. bad boy Garcia. I know this fight really meant nothing but Pete Sell vs. Nate Quarry was pretty good. Fitch vs Diego Sanchez was pretty good.
juanez13
4/26/08 6:11:03PM
Fights that should have been on it:
Thiago alves vs Chris lytle (maybe replace it with alexander/sakara. )

Quarry vs Sell, (take kenflo/mishima out.)

BJ penn vs Jens Pulver

also Randy vs Sylvia, and randy vs Gonzaga would have been included if randy hadnt fcked with the UFC/
TimW001
4/26/08 8:04:11PM
Two things...

1) Why was this DVD just released?

2) Why is anderson silva on the cover?
juanez13
4/26/08 8:23:21PM

Posted by TimW001

Two things...

1. Because it takes time to put it all together, decide whats gonna be on it, production, distribution, etc....it all takes time, its not like they have it ready a few weeks after the last event of 07'

2. Why wouldnt he be, 07' was andersons year, he has become one of the/if not the most dominant champ ever in the UFC been. and has been unmatched by all challengers.
krthll1
4/26/08 8:50:02PM

Posted by juanez13

Posted by TimW001

Two things...

1. Because it takes time to put it all together, decide whats gonna be on it, production, distribution, etc....it all takes time, its not like they have it ready a few weeks after the last event of 07'

2. Why wouldnt he be, 07' was andersons year, he has become one of the/if not the most dominant champ ever in the UFC been. and has been unmatched by all challengers.

But he doesn't even have a fight on the DVD. It doesn't really make sense to have him on the cover without a fight imo.
juanez13
4/26/08 9:05:50PM

Posted by krthll1

Posted by juanez13

Posted by TimW001

Two things...

But he doesn't even have a fight on the DVD. It doesn't really make sense to have him on the cover without a fight imo.

Oh True, didnt even realize they dont have a fight on the DVD.....still the reasons i pointed above i think is why he is on the cover, but the UFC should have put at LEAST one fight with him, i would say Silva Vs Franklin 2.
krthll1
4/26/08 11:21:18PM
I was actually hoping they would allow the marquardt vs. silva because thats my favorite anderson silva fight.
masodd
4/28/08 7:16:18PM
GSP vs Hughes shouldn.t be on there it was too boring. Machida vs Soko was good. Some of those fights from the UFC Fight Night in June. That was a good event