Question about Anderson Silva

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Question about Anderson Silva
pinoymixplaya
8/5/09 10:24:38PM
Has anyone remember/seen the fight with Travis Lutter? Didn't he lose the first round to Lutter because he got mounted? I haven't seen the fight in a while but I can remember at the time saying that somebody with a decent gas tank and good grappling could beat Silva, but everybody from the UFC is saying that only Hendo was able to steal a round against A. Silva. Please correct me if I am wrong, that Lutter didn't win the first round, but I thought that 2 men had taken a round away from Silva.
KaibaThedon
8/5/09 10:38:20PM
Early in the round, Silva hits a flying knee, then gets taken down with a single.

Lutter is in guard, and Silva locks in a body triangle from the bottom. Silva then sprawls to his feet and Lutter again gets him with a single.

Lutter works from full guard to to side control, Silva scrambles to half, then Lutter moves to mount.

Lutter mounted him and postured, and was pounding him until he got kicked off by Silva... he went for a super sloppy armbar and got kicked off...

For the 2 takedowns, controlling silva on the ground and advancing position, it is fair to say that Lutter wins this round 10-9.

Then he gets pwned in round 2.

RNC
8/5/09 11:09:11PM
Yeah Lutter won the 1st round and was the first to ever steal a round from Silva. But since Lutter is no longer in the UFC, its much better for them to say Hendo was the guy to do it. Plus, aside from not wanting to credit Lutter, it creates even more hype for Silva/Hendo 2.
ChokeUout
8/5/09 11:18:59PM
I agree, I never understood why they said Hendo is the only one to steal a round from him. I also Gave Lutter the first round in their fight, as well as giving Leites the second round in that fight.

Still, going 9-0 and losing 3 rounds only isn't bad either
pinoymixplaya
8/6/09 12:44:50AM
Oh ya, i definitely am not discrediting Silva's ability, I think he would be P4P #1 if he fought the best guys at Middleweight consecutively, and won impressively. I just felt bad for Lutter and all the credit he deserves as being the first to win a round against Anderson. Then again it seemed like Lutter hasn't really taken his MMA career seriously according to the performances of his last fights.

Thanks for answering the question though. I knew I was right!
RNC
8/7/09 2:17:36AM

Posted by pinoymixplaya

Oh ya, i definitely am not discrediting Silva's ability, I think he would be P4P #1 if he fought the best guys at Middleweight consecutively, and won impressively. I just felt bad for Lutter and all the credit he deserves as being the first to win a round against Anderson. Then again it seemed like Lutter hasn't really taken his MMA career seriously according to the performances of his last fights.

Thanks for answering the question though. I knew I was right!

He is p4p #1. Who do you think is #1 pound for pound, Fedor?
cowcatcher
8/7/09 2:27:21AM
i still think its fedor but im embarrassed to say that now
TimW001
8/7/09 3:49:53AM

Posted by cowcatcher

7 years as #1 heavyweight is validation.
Art_Jimmerson
8/7/09 9:50:22AM

Posted by TimW001

Posted by cowcatcher

Having your last 4 fights against a past-it Arlovski, a past-it Sylvia, a freak-show Hong-Man Choi, and beating Lindland by way of cheating isn't validation.
cowcatcher
8/7/09 11:27:52AM

Posted by Art_Jimmerson

Posted by TimW001

Posted by cowcatcher

Having your last 4 fights against a past-it Arlovski, a past-it Sylvia, a freak-show Hong-Man Choi, and beating Lindland by way of cheating isn't validation.

its asinine to say a past it sylvia and AA because both were top 5 fighters when they fought fedor. thats like saying chuck was past it when he lost to rampage, he was the champ then and lost fights since, but it doesnt make him "past it" at the time of that fight.