Question

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA Playground Game Talk » Question
NickJames
8/6/11 4:44:57PM
I made my picks last night before the deadline, but now when I go to look at my picks I can't see them (probably because the deadline has past) and when I look at my "Previous event picks" it says I havent made any picks.

Is this because the picks will show up at the end of the show or whenever the site is updated?

or am I just screwed? lol..
Chael_Sonnen
8/6/11 4:47:17PM
You don't have any Previous Events picks because this is your first event.....you are not screwed yo
grappler0000
8/6/11 4:47:51PM
Once the time is up for picks, you can access them via "My Fight Companion that can be found in the quick links on the left of the main screen.
NickJames
8/6/11 4:49:53PM
Nice, I appreciate the help.

I was pretty hyped about this lol.
Shawn91111
8/6/11 5:08:52PM
You only picked 6 out of the 11 fights anyhow, not sure id be crazy about that.
NickJames
8/6/11 5:41:02PM
lol, I wasn't too comfortable pickin the other fights.. not enough information or footage floatin around of them to make a positive decision.

I'm goin for a 100%.

I've yet to lose in any bet on MMA.

Im just warmin myself up for real money bettin online.
Patchedup15
8/7/11 3:50:49PM
you should probably still bet everything with your best guess.. at the very least you learn if there are any fighters who you overestimate.. for me its BJJ fighters. so whenever there is someone i know is a great sub fighter i make sure to think twice before picking them
pmoney
8/8/11 12:45:30PM

Posted by NickJames

lol, I wasn't too comfortable pickin the other fights.. not enough information or footage floatin around of them to make a positive decision.

I'm goin for a 100%.

I've yet to lose in any bet on MMA.

Im just warmin myself up for real money bettin online.

I would also highly recommend making all your picks, every fight, every event, primary league and secondary league. You will probably learn more about the sport and fighters than you already do.

That knowledge will prove invaluable come time to throw the real $ down

Edit: Additionally, your rank for the playground won't be affected if you guess incorrectly. Since the whole rankings system is based on points as opposed to record, you can only win more points if you at least guess on the fights you are unsure of. But if you don't make your picks, over time, you may have a good looking record, but you won't get too high in the standings.
Kpro
8/11/11 10:44:54AM

Posted by NickJames

I wasn't too comfortable pickin the other fights.. not enough information or footage floatin around of them to make a positive decision.

I always pick the guy with the most tattoo's unless the other guy has more street cred.
Pookie
8/11/11 5:12:01PM

Posted by Kpro

Posted by NickJames

I wasn't too comfortable pickin the other fights.. not enough information or footage floatin around of them to make a positive decision.

I always pick the guy with the most tattoo's unless the other guy has more street cred.

Cooler Nickname > Tattoo's.

Street cred > All
xtra_chewy
8/12/11 3:24:34AM

Posted by Pookie

Posted by Kpro

Posted by NickJames

Street cred > All

Kimbo Slice > Street Cred
Pookie
8/12/11 7:30:03PM

Posted by xtra_chewy

Posted by Pookie

Posted by Kpro

Posted by NickJames

Street cred > All

Kimbo Slice > Street Cred

Kimbo Slice = Ultimate Nickname