Have a Question

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA Playground Game Talk » Have a Question
roger
7/29/08 11:46:08PM
Andre Gusmao vs Jon Jones and Ben Saunders vs Ryan Thomas

don't know anything about these people. I need your help i need to know about these people and what are your thoughts on who you thinks going to win.

anyone who help me i will prop
Mayhem13
7/29/08 11:55:53PM
Gusmao has been very impressive in his 5 fights, beating Mike Ciesonlevicz twice and also beating Beauparlant..as far as his opponent Jon Jones goes..I have never seen him fight...his record is decent..seems well rounded...but he hasnt fought at the level or against the level that Gusmao has.

Saunders impressed me on the show, he had good standup, good ground game..and long limbs...and he seemed to know how to use his reach pretty well...not sure how much taller he is then his opponent..but I am guessing he should be able to use his reach...and looking at his opponents record jesse lennox is the only name i recognize and he lost that fight..
jiujitsufreak74
7/30/08 12:04:23AM
well, Andre Gusmao is a talented up and comer who has done very well in the IFL. he hasn't really een tested by any real contender other than Mike Ciesnolevicz who he defeated twice by KO. Andre seems to be very explosive and always looks to finish. the kid has a legitamte future in MMA ahead of him.

Jon Jones is another young talented fighter. however, he has not once faced a legitimate opponent and mostly has fought newcomers to the sport. he has potential, but i don't think he is on Andre's level.

Ben Saunders was on TUF 6. he is the most well known of the 4 fighters as he has already fought in the UFC with a UD win over Dan Berrera. He defeated Berrera on the show in one of the more exciting fights and he later lost to Tommy Speer who went on to the finals. Ben has long reach and is very tall for 185 at 6'2''. he is hard to handle on the feet and has shown signs of a legitimate stand up game, however, he isn't a CC by any means. he has a solid submission game and appears to be comfortable off of his back. he could make a small splash at 185 but he isn't going to be anywhere near the title in his career imo.

Ryan Thomas has a very padded record of 9-1. like Jon Jones, he hasn't faced any legitimate competition at this point of his career and Saunders will be his toughest test to date besides Jesse Lennox who defeated him by armbar. Ryan is mostly an unknown to me and i don't expect him to win; but who knows. all i can tell you is that he has shown he can win on the feet and on the ground...but so has Ben. i just think Ben is a very difficult opponent for an inexperienced fighter due to his size.
Svartorm
7/30/08 2:30:32AM
I think one of the fighters will probably beat the other one, either by sub, tko or decision.

I'm still mystified to why people actually answer these threads. You're giving someone whos not a friend and not in your camp an opportunity to possibly beat you in the standings by riding your coat tails.
roger
7/30/08 3:53:24AM

Posted by Svartorm

I think one of the fighters will probably beat the other one, either by sub, tko or decision.

I'm still mystified to why people actually answer these threads. You're giving someone whos not a friend and not in your camp an opportunity to possibly beat you in the standings by riding your coat tails.

It's called being nice.
jiujitsufreak74
7/30/08 4:07:33AM

Posted by Svartorm

i just like giving input. the game isn't as important to me as the community. any knowledge i can share i try to. i understand your point and it is a valid one, but i choose to dish out facts anyway.
roger
7/30/08 5:08:14PM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Posted by Svartorm

i just like giving input. the game isn't as important to me as the community. any knowledge i can share i try to. i understand your point and it is a valid one, but i choose to dish out facts anyway.

Thank you