#4# question

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » #4# question
pv3Hpv3p
7/23/08 7:00:25PM
If Anderson Silva moves up in weight class, does that help solidify his pound for pound ranking?

Does it make a difference that Fedor fought Big Tim who had a size advantage that would equal more than or right about 1 weightclass? Or HMC or Schilt for that matter?

Just wondering what ya'all thought... Sorry if the #4# debate is getting old... I just don't know how anyone could put someone other than Fedor as #1
casketcoin
7/23/08 7:05:37PM
i've been thinking the same thing ever since saturday...
SmileR
7/23/08 7:05:44PM
I'm with you man!
Silva is HUGE for a MW and could fight at HW if he wanted to. Him and Fedor both weigh about the same when Silva isn't cutting weight so why not let them fight t out for the P4P championship!
postman
7/23/08 8:32:54PM
That fight could happen at 205 its the only fair weight or maybe a catch of like 210 - 215. But as long as Anderson fights for Dana we arn't going to see it.
cmill21
7/23/08 8:35:35PM
I don't know, I think Fedor is the greatest mma fighter to ever walk the face of the earth, he trains kickboxing with Ernesto Hoost(who says he could dominate K-1), he's a world Sambo champion, and he's a master of arm locks, not to mention his balance, speed and intangables. I think there are a few guys I would favour at 185 to beat him and quite a few at 205. I don't favour anyone at HW over Fedor anymore, i've been embarassed to many times lol. I mean I used to think elite strikers would handle him fairly easily.
Mchubb316
7/23/08 9:11:36PM
This is one of those topics where you really can't go wrong with either guy at #1. They are both dominating their weightclass, and there really isn't anyone that is a threat to them right now.
Jackelope
7/24/08 12:57:20AM

Posted by Mchubb316

This is one of those topics where you really can't go wrong with either guy at #1. They are both dominating their weightclass, and there really isn't anyone that is a threat to them right now.

I disagree with that statement simply because we've seen Silva in trouble numerous times. Granted he's never looked to be complete out, but he's been completely dominated before. Other times aside I think the most recent example is rd. 1 vs. Hendo.

Fedor has looked like he might be in trouble before, but never for more than a few seconds and he's always come screaming back from the depths of hell to finish. (Randleplex, Fujita punch)

Taylor8766
7/24/08 10:16:47PM
yes it does matter because it proves that given any day he can fight in any weight class
cmill21
7/24/08 10:27:20PM

Posted by Taylor8766

yes it does matter because it proves that given any day he can fight in any weight class

Then shoulden't BJ be the top P4P? He's fought from 155-205.
mkiv9secsupra
7/24/08 10:56:03PM
Fedor has fought guys with reach and size advantage while Anderson has always been the bigger dominant fighter so i think Fedor at his size is still the #1 p4p
RNC
7/24/08 11:51:31PM

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by Mchubb316

I disagree with that statement simply because we've seen Silva in trouble numerous times. Granted he's never looked to be complete out, but he's been completely dominated before. Other times aside I think the most recent example is rd. 1 vs. Hendo.

Fedor has looked like he might be in trouble before, but never for more than a few seconds and he's always come screaming back from the depths of hell to finish. (Randleplex, Fujita punch)

Defenitely. Lutter put silva in some trouble too. The thing is, though, Silva never seems to care. He always remains calm with the attitude that he knows he isn't going to lose. He just sort of goes along for the ride until he feels like taking control and winning the fight. Against Hendo, first round he just hung out on the mat until the round was up. Second round, as soon as he wanted to, BAM, Hendo's out. Silva's not like a Deigo Sanchez who always wants to push the pace. He does it when he feels the times right and he can do that because of his skill.
warglory
7/25/08 2:07:12PM
Fedor hasn't had a decent fight for two years up until this past weekend. Silva is clearly the p4p king, once Fedor starts racking up wins, then we can talk.
cmill21
7/25/08 2:11:33PM

Posted by warglory

Fedor hasn't had a decent fight for two years up until this past weekend. Silva is clearly the p4p king, once Fedor starts racking up wins, then we can talk.

Why? Hunt, HMC and Lindland all made it longer then Sylvia but yet thats the only "decent" fight? Curious...