Question

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA Playground Game Talk » Question
WarHERO
11/3/07 12:18:38PM
I am new to the game and all and just wanting to know if it counts as a loss if we don't pick a winner in the fantasy picks?
tuvok500
11/3/07 12:33:00PM
no, if you don't choose a winner for 1 or 2 or 3 etc.. fights in an event it is not a lost..

but, it should !!!

i just hope that you will not start a post stating that you have a 100% record after 3 or 4 events like some peoples are doing !!??

it is easy when you choose only some easiest fights per event and forget all the others !!

WarHERO
11/4/07 10:24:24AM
No dude, i won't be like that, its just a game and i know i am not close to the best at picking winners.
wolfman
11/4/07 12:17:17PM

Posted by WarHERO

No dude, i won't be like that, its just a game and i know i am not close to the best at picking winners.

Then why even bother asking this question? Also, this topic has been brought up some many times.....I'm with Tuvok

EDIT: Here is a classic example of what tuvok500 mentioned: http://mmaplayground.com/forums/topic6535-1.html
WarHERO
11/4/07 6:53:23PM
I like the game, and i am not gonna brag just cause i bet on a few locks in each UFC and am undefeated.
Stickan
11/4/07 7:50:13PM
Less picking = less points = worse ranking so who cares anyway.

Welcome to the site WarHERO!
Scott_Revels
11/4/07 8:54:57PM
Plus by not voting on everything, you can't learn more about the fighter.. A good predictor, will look around on the internet for material on the fighters if they know nothing about them.. Like this example.. When I first heard of Yushin Okami, I was like, "yeah, this guy will lose quickly." Then I went and looked up Yushin Okami fights and have been a fan since.. Sure fights like Okami/Franklin, and Okami/MacDonald haven't been that great, but i'm still a fan. I wouldn't know anything about him if I didn't take the time to learn about him for my predictions.
atlas777
11/5/07 10:10:38AM
And even if you do pick wrong in one event the next time you will know more about the fighters and who to pick.
Stickan
11/5/07 11:16:17AM

Posted by Scott_Revels

Plus by not voting on everything, you can't learn more about the fighter.. A good predictor, will look around on the internet for material on the fighters if they know nothing about them.. Like this example.. When I first heard of Yushin Okami, I was like, "yeah, this guy will lose quickly." Then I went and looked up Yushin Okami fights and have been a fan since.. Sure fights like Okami/Franklin, and Okami/MacDonald haven't been that great, but i'm still a fan. I wouldn't know anything about him if I didn't take the time to learn about him for my predictions.

Hey!
Okami - MacDonald wasn't that bad of a fight. It was a clear domination and pretty damn entertaining to watch IMO