Quarry vs.Starnes Your Predictions

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Quarry vs.Starnes Your Predictions
POLL: Your Prediction
Quarry 58% (19)
Starnes 42% (14)
casey64
2/18/08 3:01:32PM
I got Quarry round 2 ref stoppage
Khaos
2/18/08 3:26:43PM
I think it's going to be a good fight, like the Leben-Starnes fight, I also the same outcome, Kalib Starnes by split descision

Edit: the descision was Unanimoius, not Split
veritas
2/18/08 3:31:48PM
I agree in that it has the potential to be a fantastic fight. I could really see it going either way. Quarry is still a question mark for me in a few ways yet I know he's dangerous. I as of now have Starnes by decisio, but I wouldn't be surprised if Quarry got the TKO.
casey64
2/18/08 3:32:46PM

Posted by Khaos

I think it's going to be a good fight, like the Leben-Starnes fight, I also the same outcome, Kalib Starnes by split descision

I will agree with you on that also I really do not know who to pick because i have not seen many fights that starnes have been in.
cj_striker
2/18/08 4:29:11PM
I got Starnes via sub in round 2, but I'm a little indecisive at the moment on changing it. Bottomline if Starnes is dumb enough to bang with Quarry, he will only have about a 10% of winning, he'll probably get KTFO. But Starnes is a smart guy, so I know he knows that, so he'll probably try to do just enough to suck Quarry in to get the takedown, where Starnes definitely has the advantage on the ground. The big question is can Starnes get Quarry to the ground (and keep him there), before Quarry can connect with those heavy hands and ko Starnes.
Rush
2/18/08 5:14:11PM

Posted by cj_striker

I got Starnes via sub in round 2, but I'm a little indecisive at the moment on changing it. Bottomline if Starnes is dumb enough to bang with Quarry, he will only have about a 10% of winning, he'll probably get KTFO. But Starnes is a smart guy, so I know he knows that, so he'll probably try to do just enough to suck Quarry in to get the takedown, where Starnes definitely has the advantage on the ground. The big question is can Starnes get Quarry to the ground (and keep him there), before Quarry can connect with those heavy hands and ko Starnes.

I'm thinking a similar thing. Quarry looked like crap in his last fight and I think Starnes should be able to take him down and finish with a sub. Nate's striking looked sub par in his last fight too, so I am banking on it not being much better this time around.

We never saw Nate grapple post operation and I am still convinced that his back may not be 100% for intense grappling or subs.

Gipper
2/18/08 9:30:51PM
quarry- more heart
RMFG_187
2/19/08 2:54:30AM
Starnes UD

don't see a sub happening really. nor a KO/TKO.
Pookie
2/19/08 3:04:05AM
Starnes, quarry didnt look impressive at all against pete sell.
mrliquid
2/19/08 9:33:31AM
Quarry probably by decision maybe ko if he trains for the fight he looked tired against Sell Starnes is a good fighter though nice kicks and knees so it will be tough but I heard Nate had a pretty nice ground game so I don't see a sub happening with these guys.
mitch475
2/19/08 1:33:17PM
I havnt seen much of starnes but it seems like he is lacking heart, maybe he is just injury prone but it seems like he uses injuries as an excuse too often.
pv3Hpv3p
2/19/08 1:44:08PM
I think Quarry takes this fight pretty easily, IMO... His last fight against Sell was not his best but it was also his first fight back after over a year in recovery...

Kalib has never impressed me... He seems like a very average fighter and I imagine Nate will knock him out late in the second or sometime in the third
Aaronno9
2/19/08 1:51:35PM
I think it should be quarry. These two guys are at complete opposite ends of the spectrum when it comes to mental attitude. Quarry has always had a ton of heart and is desperate to work his way back up the rankings, and even through some pretty tough breaks (injury on tuf, then his back injury) hes still mananged to come back. Starnes on the other hand just cant seem to get his head into the game and build up some consistency. Hes had some pretty tough breaks to (family members/close friends dying close to fights) along with brining up a kid on his own, but i just dont think he wants it as much as quarry. However, if there both healthy and mentally prepared, this should be an awesome fight and i really wouldnt know who to choose.
Kpro
2/19/08 6:15:01PM
Starnes; and he's also around a +300 for those betting folks.
Pookie
2/19/08 6:53:43PM

Posted by Kpro

Starnes; and he's also around a +300 for those betting folks.

if hes anywhere near that on this site, easy money