Quarry sub 2% (1)
Quarry (T)KO 29% (13)
MacDonald decision 4% (2)
MacDonald sub 49% (22)
MacDonald (T)KO 0% (0)
burialchamber
4/6/09 10:42:01PM
Who have you guys got for this?

I'm surprised to see that the odds are so close, and I definitely thought Quarry would be the favorite.

I really like MacDonald and I think I'm going to pick him, but Quarry is pretty legit and it's not going to be as easy for MacDonald to sub him as it was for Maia.
Franklinfan47
4/6/09 10:56:04PM
I like Macdonald by sub in this fight as well. Hopefully he's learned not to stand with dangerous strikers after his last fight with Gouveia, and will take Quarry to the ground where he has a great submission game.
Twenty20Dollars
4/6/09 11:25:51PM
Mac will do what Maia did to Quarry, just not as fast.

Mac 2nd round sub
NatedawgThaM
4/6/09 11:37:41PM
Wow, interesting fight no doubt. if it stays on the feet I definitely see Nate knocking him the heck out, but if it hits the ground he's in for a little trouble and Macdonald will sub him eventually.

I got faith in Nate though, I think Nate has decent enough wrestling to control the fight and stop him eventually with punches.
JBatch
4/7/09 12:09:31AM
I honestly see this going a lot like MacDonald vs. Leben. MacDonald will get into trouble standing, even though he has some lanky arms and he will somehow get the fight to the ground. On the ground he will have his way with Nate and eventually tap him out late 2nd or in the 3rd.

AussiePride
4/7/09 5:19:46AM
I would love to see Rock win but i think Mac is well rounded and moves better than Nate, i could even see Jason beating Nate on the feet
babytater03
4/7/09 7:37:49AM
I really like MacDonald as a fighter, always had respect for the guy. However, I just have to go with Nate on this bout. I dont know why, and maybe i'll eat some humble pie later, but Nate just seems to me be the better fighter at the end of the day and has more pluses in his bag. He's no slouch, has good hands, stamina, and i'm sure he's learned from the Demian "dont struggle it'll be over soon" Maia fight.

War "Rock" Quarry
prozacnation1978
4/7/09 10:16:46AM
good fight even though they both lost there last fight i still think this fight should have been on pay per view with krstof and stann fight being a prelim

right now i have mcdonald by sub but come next week who knows?
Hendo67
4/7/09 11:05:02AM
I have Nate winning via TKO.

J-Mac has terrible, terrible sloppy stand up and Nate is going to expose him there.
Ben99901
4/7/09 11:26:54AM
Refer to Kharinitov VS monson,
but, Quarry knows its crunch time, and Macdonald may try to stand
KaibaThedon
4/7/09 11:41:10AM
Going to take the athlete by way of 2nd round tapout due to a rear naked choke
tepid55
4/7/09 1:14:25PM
I think Quarry will win by using "sprawl and brawl" tactics, much like when Rich Franklin defeated Jason MacDonald.
Wolfenstein
4/7/09 5:29:15PM
If Jason hadn't gotten mauled by Wilson Gouveia last time out, I don't think this would be the hotbout.

I think Quarry has dealt with a lot of injuries, and because of that he hasn't been able to train on a consistent basis for a long time. Whereas MacDonald has been very active. Not to mention last eight fights have gone in this order... Win, Loss, Win, Loss, Win, Loss, Win, Loss...noticing a pattern?
copcopps
4/7/09 7:27:50PM
I'm picking Quarry by Knock out but I think MacDonald will win. Hope he doesn't though
mkiv9secsupra
4/7/09 8:48:49PM

Posted by Wolfenstein
Not to mention last eight fights have gone in this order... Win, Loss, Win, Loss, Win, Loss, Win, Loss...noticing a pattern?

He loses too much? I couldn't resist

I think this fight comes down to who has the better wrestling. My vote goes to Quarry. MacDonald isn't going pull guard and Quarry will probly be able to sprawl out of almost everything, meanwhile, Quarry is blasting Jason with powerful shots.

I'm betting Quarry 2nd rd TKO
bls1919
4/7/09 9:44:02PM
I like Quarry but J-Mac is going to sub him early in the 2nd. Most likly an armbar or triangle.
HumanTarget
4/8/09 8:54:52AM
Please, Quarry is vastly overrated and so are his hands. Macdonald is going to take him down, smother him and submit him.
Hendo67
4/8/09 10:47:17AM
J-Mac is more overrated than Quarry, in my opinion.
gartface
4/8/09 12:28:54PM

Posted by Ben99901

Refer to Kharinitov VS monson,
but, Quarry knows its crunch time, and Macdonald may try to stand

Really not sure how relevant this comparison is...
Quarry has great stand up an decent wrestling. MacDonald has sloppy stand up and good wrestling.
Kharitonov is good on the feet and is an accomplished sambo player.
Monson has decent enough stand up to keep himself from getting (t)ko'd. He is also one of THE best American heavyweight submission grapplers.

That being said, Quarry is able to use wrestling to keep it on the feet and knocks the Athlete(worst nickname in MMA) out cold. 2nd round KO.
copcopps
4/8/09 1:42:54PM

Posted by Hendo67

I think Quarry's the better wrestler while MacDonald has the better subs, but overall I think Quarry's a tad better overall
jawbreaker517
4/8/09 7:11:36PM
I think Quarry's ground-game was exposed in his fight against Maia. I would try to take this one to the ground if I were MacDonald, who has a pretty large arsenal of submissions. I pick MacDonald by 2nd round sub.
bls1919
4/8/09 9:30:27PM

Posted by Hendo67

The man went Toe to Toe with Maia on the ground for almost 13 mins and finally got caught. No way is he overated. Quarry is going to be in a bad way when this fight hits the ground.