quantum levitation/locking/suspending, coolest shit ever.

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » quantum levitation/locking/suspending, coolest shit ever.
BeeR
10/18/11 8:16:50PM
check this out

crazy
pmoney
10/18/11 10:05:52PM
I wonder what practical applications, if any, this demonstration will yield. I want to check out their site. Superconductivity is definitely an area of science that can open a lot of new doors. It is a critical component to engineering quantum computers, which could be so powerful.... Well it scares me.

21st century stuff, for sure. Good find, BeeR!
Pookie
10/18/11 10:11:01PM

Posted by pmoney

I wonder what practical applications, if any, this demonstration will yield.

Simple.
kopower
10/18/11 10:28:50PM
Cool vid. Nice find.
KungFuMaster
10/18/11 10:48:00PM
I saw this - this morning. Awesome stuff. I think a few generations from now we could actually use this technique for transportation.
pmoney
10/19/11 12:04:13AM

Posted by KungFuMaster

I saw this - this morning. Awesome stuff. I think a few generations from now we could actually use this technique for transportation.

I want to say that's already in the works or implemented. I saw something about a bullet train on a magnetic track. The train accelerated and decelerated through sections of the magnetic track being activated. It was pretty cool.
KungFuMaster
10/19/11 2:37:11AM

Posted by pmoney

Posted by KungFuMaster

I want to say that's already in the works or implemented. I saw something about a bullet train on a magnetic track. The train accelerated and decelerated through sections of the magnetic track being activated. It was pretty cool.

The Japanese bullet train does not physically touch the tracks at all and is powered and moved by magnetic forces. I don't know if what we saw in this thread is the same concept.
BeeR
10/19/11 5:45:38AM
ghandikush
10/19/11 11:55:26AM

Posted by BeeR

It's not, the difference is that the magnetism in this case is maliable like something similar to antigravity. Not that advanced but exciting.