UFC pushes the boat out in hyping up St Pierre vs Penn II

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC pushes the boat out in hyping up St Pierre vs Penn II
Wolfenstein
12/1/08 5:21:03PM
In the run up to the super fight between Oscar De La Hoya and Floyd Mayweather, HBO ran a series of shows entitled "De La Hoya-Mayweather 24/7". This series of shows lead to a record number of PPV buys, standing at 2.4million. Now the UFC is planning to run a similar series of shows entitled "UFC Primetime: St. Pierre vs. Penn”.

link
cmill21
12/1/08 5:28:05PM
I hope they're not expecting 2.4 million buys lol.
juanez13
12/1/08 5:29:31PM
I love 24/7, I think its incredible and it does a great job with hyping up the fight. I'd love to one day see a special like done for a UFC PPV. Glad to see the UFC making a push to sell this fight, I dont see anyway possible that this fight will be boring.
wiggum
12/1/08 5:29:46PM
nice....i always enjoyed those 24/7 shows no matter who they were showcasing....plus this fight is gonna be off the hook.....st pierre is a bit boring imo, but itll be cool to see his training regimen a bit more...penn, he's always got some smartass thing to say and i love it (course he is my fav fighter)
king_katool
12/1/08 5:36:29PM

Posted by wiggum

nice....i always enjoyed those 24/7 shows no matter who they were showcasing....plus this fight is gonna be off the hook.....st pierre is a bit boring imo, but itll be cool to see his training regimen a bit more...penn, he's always got some smartass thing to say and i love it (course he is my fav fighter)

GSP BORING!?!?!?!?!?! dont even give me o well your a gsp nuthugger excuse im biased, becasue im pulling for penn but theres just no way in hell GSP is boring, you gotta watch some more fights i think
Bowen50
12/1/08 5:46:49PM

Posted by king_katool

Posted by wiggum

GSP BORING!?!?!?!?!?! dont even give me o well your a gsp nuthugger excuse im biased, becasue im pulling for penn but theres just no way in hell GSP is boring, you gotta watch some more fights i think

i have never once seen a boring GSP fight. out of his 13 fights with the UFC he's been to a decision 5 times, all of which were very exciting to watch.
Wolfenstein
12/1/08 5:48:40PM
I find GSP a little boring as well, but more of a mixed bag. Sometimes he seems to be content to take a fighter down, stay in his guard and GnP, and rarely look for submissions. I'd like to see him try and finish more fights via sub. His standup and ability to switch levels is something I do enjoy watching.
DCRage
12/1/08 6:12:17PM
jakeiceman
12/1/08 8:33:26PM

Posted by Bowen50

Posted by king_katool

Posted by wiggum

i have never once seen a boring GSP fight. out of his 13 fights with the UFC he's been to a decision 5 times, all of which were very exciting to watch.

Come on guys that went way over your heads.......he was saying the GSP is boring to watch personality wise. He was just stating that Penn is a funny guy and is always doing funny shit. He didnt say anything about how GSP fights.
KURM
12/2/08 12:04:20AM
Penn doesn't deserve a shot at pierre yet, yes it should be a great fight but I think Penn should have to defend his belt a few times before moving up. I'd like to see him fight Florian.

wiggum
12/2/08 10:07:50AM

Posted by king_katool

Posted by wiggum

hold on there captain...i should have phrased my statement a bit better.....i ment boring as in press, interviews and public apperances....things outside the cage, not in it...since that is what the show will most likely be about
Rampage200
12/2/08 10:33:11AM
Cant wait for this!