push ups and sit ups

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » MMA Training » push ups and sit ups
blb8698
9/28/09 12:37:48PM
I heard you can do push ups and sit ups everyday even if your still alittle sore as well as cardio. Anyone know if this is true or not??
Rush
9/28/09 1:38:08PM
I will say in general, light workouts are the best way to recover from soreness and stiffness from a big workout. The key is it is a light workout. The purpose is to get blood flowing to the recovering muscles, which in turn carries nutrients.
blb8698
9/28/09 4:57:29PM
ok as long as your not doing like 300 push ups after a hard work out your fine then?
george112
9/28/09 5:21:26PM

Posted by blb8698

ok as long as your not doing like 300 push ups after a hard work out your fine then?

correct.

the light workout will carry blood like rush said through your muscles, hopefully flushing some of the lactic acid which is causing you to be sore.
Rush
9/28/09 7:44:31PM

Posted by george112

Posted by blb8698

correct.

the light workout will carry blood like rush said through your muscles, hopefully flushing some of the lactic acid which is causing you to be sore.

And not building up more lactic acid. In terms of the number of push ups, or whatever, that is all specific to the person.

For example, I can't do more than 50 push ups at one time without taking a rest. However, what I might classify as an easy run, might cause some people to have a heart attack.

The best advice I can give you or anyone else is to listen to YOUR body before you listen to anyone else. Increasing your body awareness will help you do what's right for you and avoid both acute and chronic problems over time.
billyho
10/1/09 4:41:35PM
I agree with listening to your body. If you're so sore that it is negatively affecting your training then you may want to take some time off.

Another factor is training age. People who have been training a while may be able to train the same or similar muscles back to back because the human body is great at adapting.

I hope this helps along w/ the other great posts!
blb8698
10/2/09 9:32:47AM
I had my first stand up class last night did pretty well I'm not really sore but I do feel like I worked alot of the muscles that may not get worked much. So I think Id be ok with some push ups sit ups and squats and a light resistance on the elliptical tonight. What do you guys think? I have a grappling class on monday and stand up again next thursday. so I'm really trying to build the core muscles.
Jaybob
10/7/09 1:12:22AM
Id say only you know your body... If you are sore rest/rebuild If your can train then hit it hard...

remember rest is the ONLY time muscles build... When you are training hard you are tearing them... So treat your rest as a big part of the process...

Enjoy life

Train hard, rest is your friend

Cheers.
Jay
NeaRMisS
10/7/09 1:25:14AM
Some great advice in this thread. Key thing is to get rest. People really underestimate rest and how valuable it is to rebuilding muscles.

Next is stretching. It is beyond important to stretch those muscles and keep things moving. This goes with the light work out. Doing this, as stated earlier in the thread will help remove some of the lactic acid build up. (its what makes you sore in that area)

On top of all this, make sure you are trying to eat a well balanced diet.

Train hard, rest harder!