Punisher: War Zone = 10/10

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Punisher: War Zone = 10/10
jiujitsufreak74
12/6/08 4:09:00PM
This movie was absolutely amazing. the level of gore was perfect as it was over the top, but not too over the top. the deaths in this movie make you cringe and even chuckle at the same time. i have to say Ray Stevenson is the best actor for this role, as he embodied The Punisher perfectly. the fight scenes were magnificently choreographed and the high quality of action is complemented with great acting and a solid story line. The ending battle was probably one of the best scenes i have ever scene in a movie. if you have the chance see this movie ASAP, i guarantee you won't be disappointed.

dannyfrank
12/6/08 5:11:36PM
that is so good to hear! i was having a very serious debate over whether or not to see the movie. now i will
Boo_Radley21
12/6/08 6:29:14PM
Tom Jane is the best and only Punisher. I shall never see this movie.
dannyfrank
12/6/08 6:35:29PM

Posted by Boo_Radley21

tom jane was what brought the first punisher down. he is a horrible actor IMHO
kopower
12/6/08 6:43:11PM
This looks good but does it relate any way to the last Punisher? Does it go through the story of his family again or does it take off where the last one left off?
jiujitsufreak74
12/6/08 6:47:03PM

Posted by kopower

This looks good but does it relate any way to the last Punisher? Does it go through the story of his family again or does it take off where the last one left off?

well it touches on his what happens to his family in the middle. i guess you could make an argument that it does, because this movie takes place 6 years after the death of his family.

Posted by Boo_Radley21

i strongly urge you to go see it, you won't regret it i promise. i admit that i too was skeptical about this new Punisher...and trust me Ray Stevenson was simply outstanding.
Wolfenstein
12/6/08 7:05:29PM
I passed on the one with John Travolta, but this one looks a hell of a lot better. I wasn't quite sure wether I wanted to give it a go or not, but I'll trust your judgement and give it a whirl...just to see the final battle at least.
dannyfrank
12/6/08 8:20:18PM
oh... my... god. that is all i can say. i watched about 50 minutes of the new punisher and had to leave because my IQ was dropping that much. this movie seriously made me want to kill myself. this was the most over-the-top, ridiculous movie i have ever seen in my life. some of the shit i witnessed in this movie made the whole "curving bullets" thing in WANTED look plausible. dont get me wrong, i am all for high octane, crazy-ass movies, but there is a limit. this was the only movie i have ever walked out of and i give it an EPIC FAIL

sorry jjfreak
warglory
12/6/08 8:20:58PM
It's better than the last one, but this still isn't that great. Epic amounts of violence, Ray Stevenson is awesome as the Punisher, Jigsaw was represented well, but the story was kind of weak and the production was awful. To give you perspective, it was like watching an 80's action movie with much more violence and a little CGI.
jiujitsufreak74
12/6/08 8:35:52PM
well i guess it isn't for everyone then. it played to my action loving side and the carnage was just awesome to me. i really enjoyed it personally, sad to hear some of you didn't
dannyfrank
12/6/08 8:39:22PM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

well i guess it isn't for everyone then. it played to my action loving side and the carnage was just awesome to me. i really enjoyed it personally, sad to hear some of you didn't

i dont know. i love bloody, violent movies (WANTED for example) but this movie just seems to go overboard. its cool if you like it though. i wont mock you
hippysmacker
12/6/08 11:36:29PM

Posted by dannyfrank

oh... my... god. that is all i can say. i watched about 50 minutes of the new punisher and had to leave because my IQ was dropping that much. this movie seriously made me want to kill myself. this was the most over-the-top, ridiculous movie i have ever seen in my life. some of the shit i witnessed in this movie made the whole "curving bullets" thing in WANTED look plausible. dont get me wrong, i am all for high octane, crazy-ass movies, but there is a limit. this was the only movie i have ever walked out of and i give it an EPIC FAIL

sorry jjfreak

Wanted( loved that movie by the way) was about people who could genetically alter the bullets trajectory, among other gifts. So whether its the matrix,superman, starwars, or anything else out of the ordinary i don't see why you would see it ,unless you are going to buy into he premise of the movie. Anyway, I loved the punisher war zone , and my IQ isn't threatened by it. If you don't like some over the top stuff, to each his own. To me this was a hyper violent ( like the last Rambo) , but a superhero type movie. Lets not forget he doesn't have any mutant/magic powers. If you want to see movie where the bad guys get it really bad, sometimes in spectacularly brutal fashion, go see it. Its not a feel good everybody lives happily ever after, but it is hardcore, and I enjoyed it. My bro and I had a blast watching it.
Shawn91111
12/6/08 11:39:36PM

Posted by dannyfrank

Posted by Boo_Radley21

If you are into baseball, the movie *61 directed by Billy Crystal. Jane plays a great role in playing the legend Mickey Mantle.
mentalcase
12/7/08 1:11:18AM
i remember i used to have the punisher game for the first xbox, it was pretty funny u could torcher people for information or just for fun in all sorts of different ways

link

lmfao disturbing shitlink
loller90278
12/7/08 1:44:54AM
i like equilibrium better
kopower
12/7/08 1:59:16AM

Posted by loller90278

i like equilibrium better

I loved equilibrium. Definately worth checking out if any hasn't.
browneye
12/7/08 11:47:31AM
I will see this movie tonight and get back to you on how i thought about the movie
Pitbull09
12/7/08 2:00:15PM
The first one was terrilbe so I would think any new one could do better. They got rid of all the dark stuff from the comics and made it this drama of a guy who lost his family but finds a new one through his wacky neighbors. I mean how could anyone take that movie seriously? It was complete BS and I'm glad they didnt follow it up and just did it different
dannyfrank
12/7/08 2:08:59PM
actually, now that i think of it, this new punisher was much closer to the comic book than the first one. so, if you like the comics, im sure you'll like the new one
warglory
12/7/08 2:33:32PM
To me the last bit of the movie Death Sentence when Kevin Bacon goes nutso is what a Punisher movie is supposed to be like.
D0wnUnd6e6r
12/7/08 3:37:19PM

Posted by dannyfrank

Posted by Boo_Radley21

Thomas Jane is a GOOD actor... just not a good Punisher
dannyfrank
12/7/08 4:32:35PM

Posted by D0wnUnd6e6r

Posted by dannyfrank

Posted by Boo_Radley21

Thomas Jane is a GOOD actor... just not a good Punisher

the only movies of his ive seen are the punisher and deep blue sea, neither of which i thought he acted well in
F--K_Luck_AuH2O
12/9/08 12:16:37AM
LOL. My top two favorite movies of all time are listed as:

1. Punisher War Zone
2. Deep Blue Sea

I didn't go in expecting Casa Blanca, although I do think a proper Punisher film could be turned into a masterpeice. But I went in expecting fun. The entire theater and my friends were cheering and clapping our hands at how fun the movie was.