Pros Pick: Henderson vs. Franklin

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Pros Pick: Henderson vs. Franklin
Wolfenstein
1/15/09 1:30:28PM
With the winner penciled in to coach alongside Michael Bisping on the next season of “The Ultimate Fighter,” Sherdog.com caught up with plenty of professional fighters and trainers for their predictions on Henderson vs. Franklin.

link
aaa9erh8er
1/15/09 1:57:23PM
man the pros seemed to almost all pick dan. good for me becouse i did to. but man i cant wait for this fight its gonna be good
grimreaper
1/15/09 2:49:18PM
Wow I was surprised by how many picked Henderson
bustin_mma
1/15/09 2:53:26PM
Yeah I was a bit suprised for sure. I had Henderson originally but switched to Franklin, Now Im thinking I should mabye switch back
tuvok500
1/15/09 2:57:24PM
last time i took the pros picks i went 1-4 so WAR FRANKLIN !!

Hendo is all Hype from Pride, Franklin is for real.

HumanTarget
1/15/09 3:11:30PM
Come on these pros are ******* delusional. Yeah Hendo has a chance and he is a great fighter but Franklin has been with the best and is just about Henderson. I couldn't believe how one sided it was...
Hendo67
1/15/09 3:27:56PM
lol, Henderson has fought the best as well...
loller90278
1/15/09 3:35:26PM

Posted by tuvok500

all hype from pride !? ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

you shall eat your words, tuvok!
EvenFlow
1/15/09 4:04:43PM

Posted by tuvok500

Do you ever stop just being you?
MMAcca
1/15/09 4:36:57PM
I can't believe so many pros picked Hendo

WAR ACE
JWest12
1/15/09 4:49:29PM
I was going to pick Franklin but I see Gabe Ruediger has picked Henderson so now I'm unsure.
coldchillin
1/15/09 4:54:15PM
very evenly-matched fight on paper... it all depends on how Henderson approaches this fight. If he utilizes his superior wrestling, Henderson should be able to grind out a decision. I do see a lot of brawling and scrambling in this one.
Pookie
1/15/09 4:55:27PM

Posted by HumanTarget

Come on these pros are ******* delusional. Yeah Hendo has a chance and he is a great fighter but Franklin has been with the best and is just about Henderson. I couldn't believe how one sided it was...

Well actually Franklin has only faced 2 fighters that can be said to be close to the best. Anderson & Machida.

Hendo's resume is by far the most impressive of the two.
jakeiceman
1/15/09 5:19:14PM
I think it will be a decision victory for whoever wins, I can't really see a stoppage. I really like Hendo but I am leaning towards Ace. I just think that Franklin is the more well rounded fighter but its so hard to pick against Hendo because he, like Franklin has huge heart and not to mention an iron chin and that nasty right hand.

I think it goes back and forth for three rounds with Rich constantly defending the takedowns but getting the better of the striking and thus getting a split decision victory.

Damn did I mention this is hard to call? Rarely do I not have a favorite going into the fight, I like both of these guys...oh well I gotta pick one.
RMFG_187
1/15/09 6:34:41PM
I have to go with Rich in this one. Rich is an animal, and I love the quote "best MW in the world not named Anderson Silva" It will be a tough win though, I cant see this going all 3 rounds for some reason. Im crazy I kno, Im picking Franklin to finish Hendo Right? but if it does go all 3 rounds, I give it 100% to Franklin. he will out box Hendo.

BTW, did anyone see the countdown on Sportsnet for this fight? Rich is a funny guy. I laughed so hard when Hendo said "Im gonna Kick the shit outta him" or summin along those lines.

and I agree with Lindland, if it wasn't for this fight I wouldnt be buying it either.
higdon10
1/15/09 7:16:32PM
WAR HENDO!!!!