Pros Pick: Bisping vs. Leben

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Pros Pick: Bisping vs. Leben
DvS
10/17/08 11:08:06PM
The Octagon returns to the UK for another round of caged-in, hand-to-hand combat at UFC 89 “Bisping vs. Leben” this Saturday at the National Indoor Arena in Birmingham, England. The event will be carried on tape delay by Spike TV and should provide a solid night of action. The featured bout pits local hero Michael Bisping against Chris Leben in what promises to be a memorable middleweight duel.

Who wins? Sherdog.com polled a number of professional fighters and trainers, seeking their opinions on the UFC 89 main event.

Link.
Jimbo
10/17/08 11:21:13PM
hahaha did guida really say that?

Clay Guida: Leben by decision over the most overrated TUF winner in UFC history in Bisping.

juanez13
10/17/08 11:41:29PM
Probably sherdog making up quotes again
haggiswashere
10/17/08 11:46:55PM

Posted by Jimbo

Clay Guida: Leben by decision over the most overrated TUF winner in UFC history in Bisping.

lol

Bisping ain't gonna lose by decision in england anyways. if it goes to decision it will be for bisping even if he don't deserve it.
WrestlersAssassin
10/17/08 11:53:40PM
War Guida!!!!!!
Wolfenstein
10/18/08 12:05:28AM
That doesn't sound like Clay Guida. He usually doesn't go out of his way to insult other fighters, or at least I don't really recall an instance. I'd like to hear that from his mouth.

Man I'm surprised more pro's picked Leben, but he's been in the game for a while so I think a lot of fighters have gained some respect for him and the wars he's fought in the cage.
haggiswashere
10/18/08 12:12:25AM

Posted by Wolfenstein

That doesn't sound like Clay Guida. He usually doesn't go out of his way to insult other fighters, or at least I don't really recall an instance. I'd like to hear that from his mouth.

Man I'm surprised more pro's picked Leben, but he's been in the game for a while so I think a lot of fighters have gained some respect for him and the wars he's fought in the cage.

and the wars he has been fighting out of the cage. I respect anyone who can admit they have a problem and will do something about it. I hope he keeps working hard to stay sober.
bullettdodger
10/18/08 12:15:28AM

Posted by WrestlersAssassin

War Guida!!!!!!

Guida is on the money!
nickcuc547
10/18/08 12:28:33AM

Posted by bullettdodger

War Guida!!!!!!

Guida is on the money!

you won't be saying that come sunday.
GrandMaster313
10/18/08 12:31:34AM
i dont know....... As Leben has improved recently he is still a shaky decision in my eyes. Everytime i have seen him go up against a sharper striker he struggles. I wont count him out since he has a tremendous amount of heart but i think Bisping has too much to offer. Also I would like to see what either fighter can do once the fight goes to the ground.(if that happens)
I have yet to really see what either can bring to the table in the ground game offensively and on the defencive side. This might be a drawn out fight if leben can wear down Bisping !
gartface
10/18/08 12:41:43AM

Posted by nickcuc547

Posted by bullettdodger

War Guida!!!!!!

Guida is on the money!

Kendall Grove anyone?
Twenty20Dollars
10/18/08 12:55:20AM
it was prolly clay's brother jason, because jason is a guy who would say something like that.
jiujitsufreak74
10/18/08 1:07:38AM

Posted by juanez13

most definitely...i don't know why they don't get in trouble for this
Wolfenstein
10/18/08 1:28:16AM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Posted by juanez13

most definitely...i don't know why they don't get in trouble for this

In a sense they do get the shaft as no press from Sherdog is allowed ringside so they have to lurk around in the stands and try and get tid bits from fighters in the audience.
Sam_Rothstein
10/18/08 1:28:23AM
lmfao Clay Guida just became the coolest man in the world to me with that quote
MMAcca
10/18/08 2:31:38AM

Posted by gartface

Posted by nickcuc547

Posted by bullettdodger

War Guida!!!!!!

Guida is on the money!

Kendall Grove anyone?

Thankyou
Aether
10/18/08 4:50:21AM
I have Leben picked for basically the same reason as most of the quotes in the article give. Bisping is the more technical striker (although I think that gap has closed quite a bit since Leben's loss to Silva) but he doesn't have the power to KO him, whereas Leben could put him to sleep at any moment. With Leben's aggressive style I think Bisping's best shot is to take it to the ground which I don't believe he will do. I see Leben scoring a KO some time in the second, if it goes to a decision I see Bisping taking it.

I was also pretty surprised by the Guida quote. Seems suspicious to me, I really doubt he would just throw out an insult like that after being asked for a simple prediction. I'd bet it's either Jason misrepresented as Clay or a complete fabrication as people have suggested.
jakeiceman
10/18/08 7:51:16AM

Posted by Jimbo

God I hope he did say that! He has slowly become one of my favorites and this only adds to it.
dannyfrank
10/18/08 8:25:19AM
yeah, though i laughed when i read clay guida's comment, i really can't imagine him saying something like this
Aaronno9
10/18/08 10:05:54AM
Unless he was drunk at the time i find it hard to beleive.

I hate when people say bispings chin hasn't been tested, maybes it hasnt in the ufc, but the guy used to come in to fights with HWs weighing like 200 pounds, eat some of their best shots and still knock em out.
jiujitsufreak74
10/18/08 12:10:04PM
i find it funny how people actually believe Guida said that. as a few of us have already mentioned, sherdog makes up quotes constantly and this isn't any different.
Boo_Radley21
10/18/08 12:28:07PM

i find it funny how people actually believe Guida said that. as a few of us have already mentioned, sherdog makes up quotes constantly and this isn't any different.

Yea they might make up quotes sometimes but there really is no way of knowing if he said it or not. I understand that you wouldn't think he said that but you can't be sure.
jiujitsufreak74
10/18/08 12:34:29PM

Posted by Boo_Radley21

Yea they might make up quotes sometimes but there really is no way of knowing if he said it or not. I understand that you wouldn't think he said that but you can't be sure.

well i am as sure that he didn't say it as other people are sure that he did say it. in that situation, you can't hold his statements as fact. if there is any doubt that he said it then it can't be a valid quote. in situations like these, the absence of evidence is enough to discredit the quote.
Solidus
10/18/08 1:38:15PM
I think they were quoting one of the most out of shape TUFers in UFC history, Jason Guida
Jackelope
10/18/08 1:58:50PM
I try to watch and read everything Clay Guida does since he's one of my favorite fighters. I simply can't see him saying anything like that