Props idea, (Mods?)

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA Playground Game Talk » Props idea, (Mods?)
Mchubb316
7/8/08 11:13:23PM
Often times when Iam on the boards I read a good post, and like to prop when deserved. I may not prop for a day or two, but there are some people who deserve multiple props. I know you have to spread the love, but can there be a timeframe as well as # of props between posters. It is frustrating at times when I go to prop a good post, and I don't and will not just go looking for a reason to give a prop that is not deserved just to give props to the one that is deserved. I try to remember the thread and go back and give them in time, but can get difficult after reading so many posts. Thoughts? Thanks in advance for any and all replies.
holt8081
7/8/08 11:14:59PM
I say after 5 props it resets instead of 10
Raykill
7/8/08 11:27:27PM
A good way I have found to remember who I want to prop if I cant do it right away is to subscribe to the thread and just check back later to see if I can prop or not.
Just an idea.
wolfman
7/8/08 11:37:21PM

Posted by Mchubb316

Often times when Iam on the boards I read a good post, and like to prop when deserved. I may not prop for a day or two, but there are some people who deserve multiple props. I know you have to spread the love, but can there be a timeframe as well as # of props between posters. It is frustrating at times when I go to prop a good post, and I don't and will not just go looking for a reason to give a prop that is not deserved just to give props to the one that is deserved. I try to remember the thread and go back and give them in time, but can get difficult after reading so many posts. Thoughts? Thanks in advance for any and all replies.

I run into this problem quite often. Would like to see it changed as well.
Rush
7/9/08 5:59:31PM
I run into the same problem myself, but if the numbers are too low for spreading the love you could have the problem with people in big camps doing the circle jerk.

As for a time limit, I don't know if it can be done. Some of the stuff has to be programmed into the forums and the admins may not have figured out a way to do it.

The one thing that I would like to see is how many props other people (including myself) have given out. I would also like to know whom I have propped.
bobbydoomocculta
7/9/08 7:12:42PM

Posted by Rush

I run into the same problem myself, but if the numbers are too low for spreading the love you could have the problem with people in big camps doing the circle jerk.

As for a time limit, I don't know if it can be done. Some of the stuff has to be programmed into the forums and the admins may not have figured out a way to do it.

The one thing that I would like to see is how many props other people (including myself) have given out. I would also like to know whom I have propped.

npayant
7/9/08 9:53:55PM

Posted by Rush

Some good ideas here! I'd give you props but I have to "spread the love."