Props to the refs at UFC 86...

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Props to the refs at UFC 86...
theguido
7/7/08 12:24:42AM
No bad calls IMO no early stops over all the best calling I've seen in recent months. good job guys. Whats your opinion???
FrankTheTank1181
7/7/08 12:26:50AM
You know I never even thought about the refs once, and that's how you know they are doing a good job.
cmill21
7/7/08 12:32:53AM
I was worried about the amount of blood Lytle lost but other then that A+.
Jackelope
7/7/08 12:34:14AM
I agree. Although I thought it was strange they didn't stop the Lytle fight to at least check the cut.

Another person who deserves props is Goldberg. I really think he must have done something within the past 2 UFC's to address his stupid ass comments. He hasn't really had any boners the past couple.
EON
7/7/08 12:36:12AM

Posted by cmill21

I was worried about the amount of blood Lytle lost but other then that A+.

I had worse vibes than that, I hoped I wasnt going to witness the 1st death in MMA. Still though Yves Lavigne is the best ref the UFC has.
holt8081
7/7/08 1:31:10AM

Posted by Jackelope

I agree. Although I thought it was strange they didn't stop the Lytle fight to at least check the cut.

Another person who deserves props is Goldberg. I really think he must have done something within the past 2 UFC's to address his stupid ass comments. He hasn't really had any boners the past couple.

watch it again, I dont remember what was said but joe had to correct him and you could tell he felt stupid.
holt8081
7/7/08 1:31:48AM

Posted by FrankTheTank1181

You know I never even thought about the refs once, and that's how you know they are doing a good job.

pdanke
7/7/08 2:49:20AM
True..... but there were a bunch of main card decisions, so....

Either way, glad Lavigne didn't stop the Kos/Lytle fight, which is a sign of good reffing. Lytle proved that quick stoppages are a great way to prevent a possible comeback. Who expected his bloody face to still be throwing bombs at the end of the third round?
Diaz311Franca
7/7/08 4:06:50AM

Posted by Jackelope

Goldberg's an idiot. At the end of the first round of the Rampage/Forrest fight he yelled "ARE YOU KIDDDING ME!!!??". I hate his annoying ass for always overhyping stuff.
Chow-man
7/7/08 8:27:00AM
refs did a good job.
my only concern was third round lytle/kos. Chris is gushing out blood and I thought Yves stopped it to let the doctor take a look but instead just stood em up.