a proposed village for mixed martial arts

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » a proposed village for mixed martial arts
rafire_amp
7/31/08 6:09:32AM
guys, i'm an architecture student and im on my thesis now, having my thesis called a proposed village for mixed martial arts, the village caters the arena for mixed martial arts and martial arts events, museum for filipino awareness, housing for the athletes, training for them and community. our goal is to give filipino athletes best training and facilities and to have FMA be recognize not only in the philippines but to the world and the world of mixed martial arts. i just want to hear your reactions, suggestions and recommendations about this proposal. i hope to hear from u guys..tnx
Pitbull09
7/31/08 9:33:39AM
A better idea than cult villages like Johnsons town or Jamestown or whatever it was called. As long as they don't have to drink cool aid its an awesome idea
warglory
7/31/08 12:25:55PM
I take it you live in the Phillipines? If not, creating a village for the general mma population with a focus on Filipinos would be kind of weird, no offense.

If you do live in The Phillipines, or in an area with a high Filipino population, sounds like a cool idea to me!
rafire_amp
8/1/08 7:38:38PM

I take it you live in the Phillipines? If not, creating a village for the general mma population with a focus on Filipinos would be kind of weird, no offense. If you do live in The Phillipines, or in an area with a high Filipino population, sounds like a cool idea to me!

why do you say it's kind of weird? may i know ur idea? yes it is in the philippines and for the filipino atheletes of mma, it will also have training facilities for other martial arts related to mma and will focus to introduce filipino martial arts like yaw-yan into the scene of mma. tnx btw
RNC
8/1/08 10:17:50PM
Anyone ever seen the movie hitman?
finnish_line
8/2/08 11:29:20PM

Be sure to include a giant statue of Brandon Vera not fighting back in his fight with Werdum.

bls1919
8/3/08 10:09:49PM
I cant opose anything that would better the sport. I think you have a good idea and hope u can get the funding or whatever you need.
The-Don
11/25/08 2:46:40PM

Posted by rafire_amp

I take it you live in the Phillipines? If not, creating a village for the general mma population with a focus on Filipinos would be kind of weird, no offense. If you do live in The Phillipines, or in an area with a high Filipino population, sounds like a cool idea to me!

why do you say it's kind of weird? may i know ur idea? yes it is in the philippines and for the filipino atheletes of mma, it will also have training facilities for other martial arts related to mma and will focus to introduce filipino martial arts like yaw-yan into the scene of mma. tnx btw

Well I think he meant it would be weird to put Filipino mixed martial artists and styles above others if you were say in England or Canada. As the fact you are in the Philippines and it mainly for Filipino MMA fighters and such showcasing the top fighters from your country and putting a focus on the pride of your country is cool. Over all it sounds like a great idea.. Myself and a friend had a similar idea though we were going to set it up for all different cultures to come together.. and not just MMA but Traditional Martial arts as well
The-Don
11/25/08 2:48:16PM
OK and I got a question... Why is it the Philippines for the country and Filipino for the people.. what happens to the P man I have always wondered that
Rush
11/25/08 7:36:27PM
Don't forget the statue of Brandon Vera.