JJeans
1 -

Hashyandy
1 -

Kpro
1 -
emfleek
11/1/11 2:57:06PM
ROUND 1: Nick Diaz (26-7-0) | LIGHTWEIGHT | FIGHTING OUT OF: Stockton, CA | Cesar Gracie Jiu-Jitsu

Chael_Sonnen
11/1/11 3:11:24PM
Shogun Rua
Pookie
11/1/11 4:26:01PM
Question for drafting and voting: Are all fighters assumed to be in their Primes? Or are we drafting the versions of that fighter, when they were in Pride?
prophecy033
11/1/11 4:51:20PM

Posted by Pookie

Question for drafting and voting: Are all fighters assumed to be in their Primes? Or are we drafting the versions of that fighter, when they were in Pride?

the version of said fighter while in Pride since some don't fight anymore. Obviously Rabi's pick of Anderson will still be viewed as Great because he is who he is, I picked Fedor because of his pride career. I'll probably not get as many votes because of his recent slide. Does that make sense?
P.s. your av is making me sick
Pookie
11/1/11 5:04:55PM

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by Pookie

the version of said fighter while in Pride since some don't fight anymore. Obviously Rabi's pick of Anderson will still be viewed as Great because he is who he is, I picked Fedor because of his pride career. I'll probably not get as many votes because of his recent slide. Does that make sense?

Oh yeah that makes sense. I ask in particular so that i know how to frame my opinions in the context of the situation.

So Pride / Prime version if both coincide(or coalesce?)
If the Pride version is not the prime, the pride version overtakes right? Since Anderson is at 170 in pride, he's essentially the 170 anderson silva that gets drafted?

But yes, totally agree that most people will fall between the two sides of the spectrum and choose based on their own ideas. But im weird and like things like this to be made Explicit
prophecy033
11/1/11 5:15:53PM

Posted by Pookie

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by Pookie

Oh yeah that makes sense. I ask in particular so that i know how to frame my opinions in the context of the situation.

So Pride / Prime version if both coincide(or coalesce?)
If the Pride version is not the prime, the pride version overtakes right? Since Anderson is at 170 in pride, he's essentially the 170 anderson silva that gets drafted?

But yes, totally agree that most people will fall between the two sides of the spectrum and choose based on their own ideas. But im weird and like things like this to be made Explicit

Yes, Anderson at 170. All fighters picked must fight at their weight division they were in while in pride
emfleek
11/1/11 5:51:47PM
I wish I had known that prior to drafting Diaz. I always assume the fighters are in their primes for these drafts.
Pookie
11/1/11 5:54:16PM
On the bright side, you do have the Diaz that beat Gomi
prophecy033
11/1/11 5:59:21PM

Posted by emfleek

I wish I had known that prior to drafting Diaz. I always assume the fighters are in their primes for these drafts.

I'm sure people will still look at him that way with his win vs Penn still fresh in our minds. Still a good pick in my mind. Like Pookie said, his win over Gomi was the beginning of his Prime in my book. Sure he had a hiccup against Noons, other then that he's been solid
DeadHead988
11/1/11 6:48:02PM
Rampage
Pookie
11/1/11 7:46:22PM

Posted by DeadHead988

Rampage

damn
Chael_Sonnen
11/1/11 7:50:45PM
I hope nobody takes Krazy Horse.
Budgellism
11/1/11 7:52:30PM
I've gotta go with Wanderlei Silva
Kpro
11/1/11 10:33:29PM

Posted by emfleek

If trades were allowed I would've let you make my pick 10 and swapped with you.
Pookie
11/1/11 10:40:22PM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

I hope nobody takes Krazy Horse.

Dude, you have no idea how quickly im going to pick Krazy Horse.

_____

First Pick:
Prime Cro-cop
Budgellism
11/1/11 10:43:54PM

Posted by emfleek

When he was in Pride Diaz beat arguably Pride's best LW. I'd say you made a pretty decent pick.
Pookie
11/2/11 2:57:40AM
Oh shit guys. 240 picks are happening in this draft. We're going to be struggling by the end of this.
prophecy033
11/2/11 3:15:53AM

Posted by Pookie

Oh shit guys. 240 picks are happening in this draft. We're going to be struggling by the end of this.

That is a lot of picks. If it looks like we're not gonna make it, we may need to modify it down. We'll play it by ear
Rabi
11/2/11 3:23:24AM
There will be enough fighters, its just near then end of the draft the fighters we're picking will be unknown japanese fighters!
jjeans
11/2/11 5:20:03AM
Big Nog
emfleek
11/2/11 8:13:46AM
Rabi
1 - Anderson Silva

Prophecy
1 - Fedor Emelianenko

Emfleek
1 - Nick Diaz

Chael_Sonnen
1- Mauricio "Shogun" Rua

DeadHead
1 - Quinton "Rampage" Jackson

Budge
1 - Wanderlei "The Axe Murderer" Silva

Pookie
1 - Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic

JJeans
1 - Antonio Rodrigo " Minotauro" Nogueira

Hashyandy
1 - Dan Henderson

Kpro
1 - ON THE CLOCK
2 - ON THE CLOCK
hashyandy4
11/2/11 1:31:59PM
Dan Henderson
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
Chael_Sonnen
11/2/11 4:52:51PM
I have a feeling this is going to take awhile.
prophecy033
11/2/11 4:59:22PM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

I have a feeling this is going to take awhile.

yeah, they normally take a few weeks
DeadHead988
11/2/11 5:13:36PM

Posted by Pookie

That's pretty ridiculous. Include Dream?
prophecy033
11/2/11 6:06:15PM
If your all down, ill drop it down to 16 fighters each. 2 prelim, 2 main card, 2 openweight, 1 co-main, and 1 main.
Budgellism
11/2/11 6:20:39PM

Posted by prophecy033

If your all down, ill drop it down to 16 fighters each. 2 prelim, 2 main card, 2 openweight, 1 co-main, and 1 main.

I'm personally down. Either way is good though.
hashyandy4
11/2/11 6:34:34PM

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by prophecy033

I'm personally down. Either way is good though.

I'm good with 16 as well. Either way i'm happy
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12