Further Proof That Roy Nelson's Gut Is Tougher Than It Looks

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Further Proof That Roy Nelson's Gut Is Tougher Than It Looks
DCRage
8/10/10 1:20:02PM

I think it's safe to say that stomach has what most of us would call quite the chin. And Cain Velasquez's chin at that.
marcoDGK
8/10/10 3:28:35PM
lol. those shots to the gut looked like they were doing some damage but Roy Nelson is a tough duder! He just fought right through it. That whole fight I was on edge thinking that JDS was going to get caught and KO'd.
cowcatcher
8/10/10 3:34:08PM
im surprised roys toughness hasnt been mentioned more on here since the fight, but i guess with the way the main even went down other things were hotter topics. unfortunately for JDS i think roy is going to get more fanfare for the fight than he is because roy showed about as much toughness and heart as anyone in mma in that fight even though he was pretty much dismantled from bell to bell. JDS is no joke and the HW division is on notice im sure, but man it was just amazing to watch roy keep plodding forward after being hit with so many big shots. both guys stock should be up after that performance, that was a very fun fight to watch.
tcunningham
8/10/10 5:15:40PM
i was a big country fan that fight but now im an even bigger one. roy showed a ton of heart even though he was getting banged up. JDS is no joke and now im really excited to add him to the list of fighters to possibly take out lesnar. maybe cain will pull it off.
BustedKnuckle
8/10/10 8:57:17PM
I was really impressed with Roy's chin. i really hadn't watched much of his fights, other than the loss to AA. He is one tough mother!
Chael_Sonnen
8/11/10 3:11:47PM

Posted by DCRage

I think it's safe to say that stomach has what most of us would call quite the chin. And Cain Velasquez's chin at that.

It's like one of those exercise balls. Big props for the big heart shown by Big Country.
Jackelope
8/11/10 3:50:50PM
I'm glad to see some of the playgrounders coming over to Roy Nelson's side. The dude never really gets the credit he deserves. He took a hell of a beating from AA and has dished out quite a few of his own over the years. There's no question he deserves to be in the running for top 20 and possibly even top 15 HW in the world.