Prometheus

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Prometheus
ChrisSabal
6/7/12 1:12:08PM
Going to go see it tonight at midnight. Starting the thread now so I don't forget to make one later. Will post how I think it is later. All I know is I am pumped even with the mixed reviews.
Poor_Franklin
6/7/12 1:15:25PM
im really excited about it. I hope nobody ruins it for me by the time i get to see it Sunday.

Question: are you hoping to see a Xenomorph?
I don't plan on seeing one, but it would be pretty cool
Boo_Radley21
6/7/12 1:18:44PM
gay
Poor_Franklin
6/7/12 1:22:28PM

Posted by Boo_Radley21

gay

lol I'm sure you'll be in line for Battleship instead.
prophecy033
6/7/12 1:25:52PM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

im really excited about it. I hope nobody ruins it for me by the time i get to see it Sunday.

Question: are you hoping to see a Xenomorph?
I don't plan on seeing one, but it would be pretty cool

I saw a preview yesterday where ones about to pop out of one of the chicks stomachs
kopower
6/7/12 1:26:05PM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Posted by Boo_Radley21

gay

lol I'm sure you'll be in line for Battleship instead.

Can't wait to see it. Probably won't have time until Tuesday to go. I do have to say, the mixed reviews have me worried.
frizzzlecake
6/7/12 1:29:36PM
I will see it most likely in cheap seats by myself. I love sci-fi horror but I am a complete wuss. Don't want anybody seeing me be a complete wuss.Lol

Isn't this just Alien with a fancy name of the ship ship as the title?
UFC_Fanatic
6/7/12 2:19:52PM
I'll probably be watching this saturday. I have a buddy who is the assistant manager at the theater here, and he has been waiting for it forever, so I'll probably be invited to see it for free at the theater after they close down shop. I'm super stoked. The trailers made it look pretty good. As for the reviews, I really don't pay attention to them anyway. I normally disagree with a lot of the critics anyway. To me they seem to come from the perspective that every film has to be this work of art, where as I come in to a movie just to be entertained, not to critique minor things.
cowcatcher
6/7/12 2:22:58PM
I change the channel when I see a commercial for it because I'd rather go into it not knowing anything(this goes for most movies I'm anxious to see).

I'm excited for this, and will probably see it tomorrow or Saturday. I love the Alien movies, well the first 2, so I'm hoping this one isn't a disappointment.
TeamDEY
6/7/12 4:42:10PM
I can't wait... it looks AWESOME!
prophecy033
6/7/12 6:16:38PM

Posted by TeamDEY

I can't wait... it looks AWESOME!

papercut
6/7/12 8:12:52PM

Posted by UFC_Fanatic

I'll probably be watching this saturday. I have a buddy who is the assistant manager at the theater here, and he has been waiting for it forever, so I'll probably be invited to see it for free at the theater after they close down shop. I'm super stoked. The trailers made it look pretty good. As for the reviews, I really don't pay attention to them anyway. I normally disagree with a lot of the critics anyway. To me they seem to come from the perspective that every film has to be this work of art, where as I come in to a movie just to be entertained, not to critique minor things.

this. except its my girlfriend who is the manager at the theater
ChrisSabal
6/7/12 8:28:29PM

Posted by papercut

Posted by UFC_Fanatic

this. except its my girlfriend who is the manager at the theater

my girlfriend used to work at the movie theater and she still gets in for free! I win
MiniMan
6/7/12 11:14:25PM
Im off to see it tomorrow night, 3D version too, You might get to see a alien at the end or something. But maybe not as this film is no doubt gonna have sequels...

All I do know is, I CANT WAIT!!!
ChrisSabal
6/8/12 3:48:30AM
Well I'm back from Prometheus. Words of advice don't go in thinking its a prequel to Alien you will be disappointed if you think this. Overall I'd give it a 7/10. A good movie. Not too many action scenes but when they happened they were enjoyable.
airkerma
6/8/12 5:51:27AM
@chris is it *actually* not a prequel or is it not reminiscent of former alien movies? Scyfy has been playing those nonstop since last weekend...and i totally didnt watch them every time.
i want to see this movie, but despite kstew, huntsman looked pretty cool
Poor_Franklin
6/8/12 5:53:19AM

Posted by ChrisSabal

don't go in thinking its a prequel to Alien you will be disappointed if you think this.

thank you very much. i knew i wanted to see it either way, but i didnt want that thought lingering in the back of my mind the whole movie.

question: is this one of those scifi movies that NEEDS to be seen in theaters? in other words, if i wait to see it on dvd, will it still be good?
Poor_Franklin
6/8/12 5:53:54AM
damn double post
Pookie
6/8/12 6:24:55AM
The 3D was pretty good. You'll miss alot visually if you wait it out.

I thought the plotline and characters developed pretty well, and the layers to the dialogue can tweak your mind a little if you catch them. Worst part though, the climax is non-existant. But the build-up is done beautifully.
ChrisSabal
6/8/12 11:31:51AM

Posted by airkerma

@chris is it *actually* not a prequel or is it not reminiscent of former alien movies? Scyfy has been playing those nonstop since last weekend...and i totally didnt watch them every time.
i want to see this movie, but despite kstew, huntsman looked pretty cool

if you watch Alien and Prometheus it doesn't really tie together. There are things I was waiting for that they show in Alien that never happened in Prometheus. All it really is, is that it is in the same universe as Alien.
TeamDEY
6/8/12 5:08:56PM
Honestly this movie sort of disappointed me. I was really expecting a lot more out of it. It was ok but I just thought it was going to be better... to hyped up I guess. The best part in my opinion was the special effects.
prozacnation1978
6/10/12 11:38:11PM
Saw it midnight show. Waited on line for two hours to see imax show. It was awesome!!! Loved it.

Imax 3d is the way to go.

It did have a lot of plot holes. Fassabender was good in it as the robot David.
kopower
6/12/12 5:13:15PM

Posted by TeamDEY

Honestly this movie sort of disappointed me. I was really expecting a lot more out of it. It was ok but I just thought it was going to be better... to hyped up I guess. The best part in my opinion was the special effects.

Just got back from seeing it in 3D. This is how I felt. I'd give it a 6/10. Seems like they tried to jam a whole bunch of different things into it. The special effects are through the roof though. I'd definitely recommend it in 3D.

I thought the plotline and characters developed pretty well, and the layers to the dialogue can tweak your mind a little if you catch them. Worst part though, the climax is non-existant. But the build-up is done beautifully.

See, I didn't think the characters were developed well. I really didn't care if they died, until the very end with one of the main female characters. I agree about the climax. Wasn't the best, but the build up was excellent. I still have a few questions, which is probably a good thing.