THE PRODIGY

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » THE PRODIGY
loganakers
3/24/08 3:55:07PM
I was just wondering and i dont think that anyone has proposed this yet but with all the hoopla in dream over the aoki fight what do you think would happen if the ufc sent bj into the tournament
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
nickcuc547
3/24/08 3:56:41PM
he wins rather easily.
Aaronno9
3/24/08 3:57:06PM
I think he'd win. Just my opinion on course.
tberg420
3/24/08 4:13:48PM
He takes some arms home with him along with the title.
CantAndleDaRiddum
3/24/08 4:24:12PM
he wins, but it'd be a stretch to say it would be easy
Pookie
3/24/08 4:34:31PM

Posted by CantAndleDaRiddum

he wins, but it'd be a stretch to say it would be easy

I think if he got put up against Aoki we could see the greatest BJJ ever to occur in MMA, bar none.

And if he got put up against GZ we would see the top 2 lw's in the world battling each other.
ICSlegend
3/24/08 4:34:44PM
Easily? Ha! That's funny. No one takes any tournament "easily". If it was so easy they wouldn't even have to fight and could just declare a winner. Dumb comment.

Anyway, throwing BJ in there would be great, although Kawajiri, Ishida, and JZ would take it to him hard, and Aoki would probably sub him. Would be some exciting matchups for sure though, don't know anyone that wouldn't want to see it happen.
JimiMak
3/24/08 5:15:00PM
I pick BJ against ANY LW fighter any day of the week. It's almost unfair to guys that he can cut enuf to make it and not lose speed or strength
Pookie
3/24/08 5:15:55PM

Posted by JimiMak

I pick BJ against ANY LW fighter any day of the week. It's almost unfair to guys that he can cut enuf to make it and not lose speed or strength

Agreed, Bj is ridiculous.
balack_o-bama
3/24/08 5:26:50PM

Posted by ICSlegend

Easily? Ha! That's funny. No one takes any tournament "easily". If it was so easy they wouldn't even have to fight and could just declare a winner. Dumb comment.

Anyway, throwing BJ in there would be great, although Kawajiri, Ishida, and JZ would take it to him hard, and Aoki would probably sub him. Would be some exciting matchups for sure though, don't know anyone that wouldn't want to see it happen.

Aoki, nor anyone else, would be subbing BJ. I know Aoki is a wiz kid and all but there is no way in hell he would sub him.
SpiderSilva
3/24/08 5:45:05PM

Bj makes other people he fights look like nothing when BJJ is involved and even if he was in a sub he is to hard headed and has too much pride to give up and sub would end with a broken/torn something look at the last hughes fight be was getting blased over and over most would have given up with no way out BJ has a true warrior spirit and will never give up
nickcuc547
3/24/08 5:53:04PM

Posted by ICSlegend

Anyway, throwing BJ in there would be great, although Kawajiri, Ishida, and JZ would take it to him hard, and Aoki would probably sub him. Would be some exciting matchups for sure though, don't know anyone that wouldn't want to see it happen. [/QUOt

there would never be a time in that tournament where bj was threatened to lose, that's pretty easy.
ICSlegend
3/24/08 7:47:47PM

Posted by balack_o-bama

Aoki, nor anyone else, would be subbing BJ. I know Aoki is a wiz kid and all but there is no way in hell he would sub him.

No way in hell GG high kick KOs CC.

No way in hell Serra beats GSP.

No way in hell Hughes beats BJ. BJ is too good.

Saying "no way in hell" makes you seem dumb. Anything is possible. And Aoki can sub anyone. "can" not will.

No way in hell BJ doesn't get subbed by Aoki. See, that sounds retarded.

grappler0000
3/24/08 7:59:35PM

Posted by ICSlegend

Posted by balack_o-bama

No way in hell GG high kick KOs CC.

No way in hell Serra beats GSP.

No way in hell Hughes beats BJ. BJ is too good.

Saying "no way in hell" makes you seem dumb. Anything is possible. And Aoki can sub anyone. "can" not will.

No way in hell BJ doesn't get subbed by Aoki. See, that sounds retarded.

Didn't really sound all that dumb to me...but I will rephrase it for your liking.

Barring a freak injury, there's no way in hell that Aoki would sub BJ.
gartface
3/24/08 8:06:22PM
BJ triangle/gogo over Hellboy in the finals.
bls1919
3/24/08 11:18:13PM
I have to say that BJ would win. And i hate to say it. I dont like the guy, but he will go down as the best LW in MMA, if he satys at LW. Although a match with Aoki would be tremendous. Probably the 2 best at BJJ in the world IMO at least of known fighters
loller90278
3/25/08 3:12:33AM
i actually think BJ would lose to gilbert melendez (not in the tourney though )

also he'd have a hard time with ishida (very fast, great wrestler) and GZ.

maybe he'd win, but in no way would this be an easy task.
Pookie
3/25/08 3:35:38AM
I think he'd take Ishida relatively easily, Bj has made his career off beating bigger stronger wrestlers.
AchillesHeel
3/25/08 10:20:46AM

Posted by Pookie

I think if he got put up against Aoki we could see the greatest BJJ ever to occur in MMA, bar none.

I disagree. Penn would totally dominate Aoki in the standup, and Penn is extremely difficult to take down. Matt Hughes had a hard time taking Penn down, and I expect Sherk will too. Aoki was getting pummeled by Calvancanti, and I think Penn is better than JZ.
chickmagnet
3/25/08 1:21:48PM
BJ would KO Aoki easily, BJ took it to GSP and mauled him standing up, no one there would have a chance.
Jackelope
3/25/08 2:06:44PM
Don't get me wrong... Aoki has a great neutralizing guard, and a great triangle choke, but nothing else that's near on the level of BJ Penn. He's never shown tremendous takedowns or tremendous standup. I think BJ would absolutely tool him on the feet, avoid the takedown and end it on the feet or the ground. Wherever he wants
bullettdodger
3/25/08 3:17:30PM

Posted by AchillesHeel

Posted by Pookie

I disagree. Penn would totally dominate Aoki in the standup, and Penn is extremely difficult to take down. Matt Hughes had a hard time taking Penn down, and I expect Sherk will too. Aoki was getting pummeled by Calvancanti, and I think Penn is better than JZ.

Riggeee
3/25/08 5:36:48PM
yah hed prolly win.....but no way ufc is gonna send him over their
Pookie
3/25/08 5:44:28PM

Posted by Riggeee

yah hed prolly win.....but no way ufc is gonna send him over their

haha yeah they tried that before with chuck... so with the ufc's luck bj might just get beat by Alvarez.
ICSlegend
3/25/08 7:16:34PM

Posted by chickmagnet

BJ would KO Aoki easily, BJ took it to GSP and mauled him standing up, no one there would have a chance.

Yeah, cause BJ has KOd so many opponents. And not just that but easily?

Call me crazy, but Hansen's standup is as good as BJ's plus crazy knees. Aoki handled him nicely. I think Hansen would maul BJ on the feet too. Maybe BJ would pull a sub, but it would be far from an easy fight.

"No on there would have a chance".

Ignorance is bliss I guess. Why even discuss any MMA topics if there's not even a chance of a top fighter beating another top fighter. Silly.
jgtribbett
3/25/08 9:14:41PM

Posted by tberg420

He takes some arms home with him along with the title.

wyep, nothing else to say,. bj by god-like aura... damn first time i've said

"fighter name" by "ridiculous comment"
loganakers
3/31/08 9:42:38PM
aoki bj could go either way
bj pepers aoki with hard right jab and swift left hook aokis corner closes their eyes as a sweat blood cocktail smacks them in the face like an ignorant child aoki shoot for the numerous time but gets stopped by knees bj fakes a stiff right and power shoots and slams into half guard and pound him until aoki is put on to queer street then bj stand up and head kicks him until a ref stoppage

anderson silve poops out chung le whothen gives birth to the greatest fighter alive that kills them both

p.s. i am sorrybut frank is going to kill him in a rematch when he takes him down and chokes him to the dreamlands gates then what is he stilll going to be the next fedor WAR FRANK

Mchubb316
4/1/08 12:09:36AM
I like Penn's chances in that tourny. I wouldnt say for a fact that he would walk through it unchallenged by no means. BJ has a well rounded game giving any fighter in the world at LW fits. Hellboy vs The Prodigy would be a personal dream fight of mine.