Problems Watching Fights?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Problems Watching Fights?
POLL: Change the Channel When Watching Your Favorite Fighters Loose?
Yes 19% (5)
No 81% (22)
DevonFoxy
6/11/08 9:46:03PM
I was just wondering what you guys think on this situation I seem to have. Say I'm watching UFC Unleashed and the main event happens to be.....oh idk Dan Henderson vs Anderson Silva. Does anyone have a problem sitting there and watching their favorite fighters loose?

For me I just have to change the channel rather than watch the fight. I know it sound perhaps childish but I just don't like seeing them loose like Henderson loosing to Anderson after all the build up and Lauzon loosing KenFlo am I alone on this??

Please explain what fights if you do have this problem or tell me how ridiculous this sounds.
Rush
6/11/08 9:48:42PM
I tend to do it with hockey, but not MMA. Things can happen so fast in MMA. Sometimes I look away to take a sip of my beer or bite of my food and miss a great transition or something.
Aaronno9
6/11/08 10:04:25PM
Well, i watched rich getting destroyed by anderson twice and didnt change the channel, even though i hated every minute of it
puppetmaster837
6/11/08 10:10:12PM
I have a quick solution for your problem: Switch all of your favorite fighters to Fedor, Anderson, GSP, and Kid Yamamoto. You will never have to worry about seeing them lose
DevonFoxy
6/11/08 10:11:22PM
Yea I watched them get beat the first time but I ment like when they run the re-runs what do you guys do sorry should have been more specific but im not so bright.
jomatty
6/11/08 10:17:42PM
i have a harder time watching people i really dont like win...
juanez13
6/11/08 10:54:30PM
I tend not to change the channel, but rather do the scream at the TV/ fighter, like it would make a difference, EX. when is was watching Vera/werdum....
jiujitsufreak74
6/11/08 10:56:21PM

Posted by DevonFoxy

I was just wondering what you guys think on this situation I seem to have. Say I'm watching UFC Unleashed and the main event happens to be.....oh idk Dan Henderson vs Anderson Silva. Does anyone have a problem sitting there and watching their favorite fighters loose?

For me I just have to change the channel rather than watch the fight. I know it sound perhaps childish but I just don't like seeing them loose like Henderson loosing to Anderson after all the build up and Lauzon loosing KenFlo am I alone on this??

Please explain what fights if you do have this problem or tell me how ridiculous this sounds.

all the time...it is hard for me to relive it again and i find myself frustrated. for example i would never re-watch the Swick Davis fight.

However, if it is a great fight that is close then i would watch it. for example, if my favorite fighter was Clay Guida i would re-watch all of his fights in the UFC.
candynuts
6/11/08 11:09:28PM
I have only recently been watching the UFC since about UFC 65 or so (but I've tried to watch every fight before and after this to get caught up), I have been watching PRIDE a lot longer. So when Cro Cop faught Gonzaga and he recieved that RHK, my jaw dropped, immediately turned off the tv, and yelled "thats f*ck*ng bullsh*t"!!
I dont want to hear the after fight talk when stuff like that happens. I did the same thing for the USC/tu national championship game.
tepid55
6/11/08 11:28:35PM
One fight I hated watching again was Evan Tanner vs David Loiseau.
p_unit23
6/11/08 11:31:47PM

Posted by juanez13

I tend not to change the channel, but rather do the scream at the TV/ fighter, like it would make a difference, EX. when is was watching Vera/werdum....

YES, thats me as well. I did that while watching Wandy vs Chuck. I was screaming for Chuck to get knocked out or something. Sometimes it is hard for me to watch my favorite fighters to lose but i still watch every second of their beating.
Kracker_Jap
6/11/08 11:52:20PM

Posted by Rush

I tend to do it with hockey, but not MMA. Things can happen so fast in MMA. Sometimes I look away to take a sip of my beer or bite of my food and miss a great transition or something.

MMA is kind of a win win situation, its like a car wreck wtaching some one getting KO'd is always fun

But with team sports its not the same
jiujitsufreak74
6/11/08 11:56:00PM
this is going to be in caps because a lot of you guys seem to not be able to read:

THIS THREAD IS ASKING ABOUT RE-WATCHING FIGHTS...NOT WATCHING THEM FOR THE FIRST TIME.

Jesus people, the guy isn't asking if you change the channel on the first go, but rather if you have a hard time re-watching your favorite fighter get whooped.
Kracker_Jap
6/12/08 12:00:35AM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

this is going to be in caps because a lot of you guys seem to not be able to read:

THIS THREAD IS ASKING ABOUT RE-WATCHING FIGHTS...NOT WATCHING THEM FOR THE FIRST TIME.

Jesus people, the guy isn't asking if you change the channel on the first go, but rather if you have a hard time re-watching your favorite fighter get whooped.

Um.... Smart A$$..... I don't think that changes my answer at all
DevonFoxy
6/12/08 12:00:59AM

Yea its true lol sorry guys I guess I should have been much more clear but I do appreciate the feed back.
jiujitsufreak74
6/12/08 12:06:09AM

Posted by Kracker_Jap

Um.... Smart A$$..... I don't think that changes my answer at all

didn't say you did i
NatedawgThaM
6/12/08 12:27:50AM
It really depends for me. If the fight was exciting or had a great KO or submission finish, I really don't care who lost or won. But if the fight sucked or somebody I can't stand dominates somebody I like, then I can't watch and do flip the channel.
holt8081
6/12/08 2:11:55AM

Posted by jomatty

i have a harder time watching people i really dont like win...

it was very frustrating watching silva win again
Gipper
6/12/08 4:56:26AM
i think it makes me like my favorite fighters more when i see them go down in defeat. it's happened a few times lately- guida, lytle, melendez, wand, babalu, macdonald. they all came back strong. look for hendo, sakurai, kang to come back strong too.
CornishMMA
6/12/08 6:39:40AM
Being a big Baroni fan i have to suffer this quite alot of late, but no i do still watch, i cant enjoy it but try and examine and find out what my man did wrong yaknow, and before GSP Hughes 2 i watched their 1st fight a shedload of times to really confirm my feeling that GSP would destroy him, even tho i hated watching him getting armbarred i knew it was a rookie mistake and had a feeling that there would be ironic revenge in the end