Problems with the site?

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA Playground Game Talk » Problems with the site?
Rabi
12/14/10 2:52:10PM
Ive not been able to get on to the site since Sunday, is it me or was there a problem with the site?
BlueSkiesBurn
12/14/10 2:59:36PM
Massive problem, nobody could get on, period. Though we don't have an explanation as to what it was just yet, it wasn't just you, mate.
Rabi
12/14/10 3:02:42PM
Ok, thanks mate, I was suffering withdrawel symptons.
BlueSkiesBurn
12/14/10 3:05:40PM

Posted by Rabi

Ok, thanks mate, I was suffering withdrawel symptons.

You, me, Bob (postman), and Tim (gartface) all were suffering from withdrawals, haha.
emfleek
12/14/10 3:08:46PM
The only downtime I'm aware of is from about 3:00pm EST yesterday until about 1:30pm EST today. About 22 hours. I had no problem getting on prior to that.
BlueSkiesBurn
12/14/10 3:19:36PM

Posted by emfleek

The only downtime I'm aware of is from about 3:00pm EST yesterday until about 1:30pm EST today. About 22 hours. I had no problem getting on prior to that.

and again just now. What's going on?
emfleek
12/14/10 3:28:28PM
I'm guessing it has something to do with the server.
BlueSkiesBurn
12/14/10 3:30:06PM

Posted by emfleek

I'm guessing it has something to do with the server.

It's not even sending out emails when people reply to topics. Really weird.
jjeans
12/14/10 3:36:46PM
I too am having problems and withdrawl symptoms, here in the UK
SmileR
12/14/10 6:15:19PM
I was so frustrated I sent a tweet! Thats one of 8 times I've ever done it!!!
DCRage
12/14/10 7:47:25PM
It worked fine for me until I went to work yesterday morning, then it was down until a short time ago (but I was at work again all day). A couple times I got some kind of "bad/invalid hostname' message, other times I got a blank screen.
papercut
12/14/10 8:00:49PM
this is the first time I've been able to get on as well since sunday. I kept getting an error message whenever i tried.
kopower
12/14/10 8:16:39PM
When I couldn't get on all day, my mind started thinking the worst. Glad the site is still up and running. Don't know why I thought it would just shut down for good without warning but a small piece of me died for awhile.
BlueSkiesBurn
12/14/10 8:22:40PM

Posted by kopower

When I couldn't get on all day, my mind started thinking the worst. Glad the site is still up and running. Don't know why I thought it would just shut down for good without warning but a small piece of me died for awhile.

Thought the same thing, dude. Don't know why, but I did.
sbulldavid
12/14/10 8:59:10PM

Posted by kopower

Yeah, I had an oh **** moment, i was very worried, i love the playground because it's just the right size, i was wondering where i was going to move next.
DCRage
12/14/10 9:06:55PM
Actually, looks like there are still some issues. I'm noticing that when I post topics or replies it's taking much longer than normal to show up. Usually it only takes a second or two, now it's more like around 10-15 seconds.
Rabi
12/15/10 2:45:16AM
I still cant view peoples profiles, I was trying to update my MMAPG League side game but because I can access there profiles I cant see there scores for UFC 124.
tepid55
12/15/10 3:07:50PM
I think the problems have been fixed.
Rabi
12/15/10 3:13:37PM
Ive been able to view peoples profiles and Im also getting email notifications as well, props to admin for helping to fix this problem. LONG LIVE THE PLAYGROUND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BlueSkiesBurn
12/15/10 3:14:24PM

Posted by Rabi

Ive been able to view peoples profiles and Im also getting email notifications as well, props to admin for helping to fix this problem. LONG LIVE THE PLAYGROUND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chael_Sonnen
12/15/10 8:23:57PM
Still unable to change my avatar...getting an error.

cowcatcher
12/16/10 10:12:51AM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Check the size and see if it's too big. That sounds unrelated to the problems the site had.
Chael_Sonnen
12/16/10 11:41:36AM

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Check the size and see if it's too big. That sounds unrelated to the problems the site had.

I did, I made sure it was a really small avatar just to see if it would work....It's still doing the same thing.
cowcatcher
12/16/10 12:01:48PM
The size of the file has to be 40kb or less, double check that for me and if that's not the issue I'll send word to get it taken care of. I just changed mine and changed it back and it was just fine. Remember, the size of the pic on your screen isn't what we are talking about here, its the size of the file.
king_katool
12/23/10 6:41:43PM
first time ive been able to get on since last weekend,

i thought the playground had died, and a little piece of me died along with it

NOW ITS BACK AND MY CHRISTMAS HAS COME EARLY WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LONG LIVE THE PLAYGROUND BABY