Was there a problem with the wvr 2 countdown?

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA Playground Game Talk » Was there a problem with the wvr 2 countdown?
tap_or_snap
5/20/08 1:31:08PM
Was there a problem with the wvr 2 countdown?

I logged in in the afternoon (uk time) on the 17th and my countdown said 21 hours to go yet the next day when i logged in at 12 midday to make my picks the event was already over.

As a result i missed 3 picks and didn't get a chance to modify the picks i had already made, Im not going to go into specifics about how many points i lost as i have no way to prove what picks i would of made but suffice to say as a result i dropped from 5th to 19th.

Now before some of you get you knickers in a twist Im fully aware that the mistake was probablly my own I just thought i would ask whether anyone else noticed anything like this so i know for certain.
uGotKTFO
5/20/08 7:50:21PM
There was.

It said it was starting nine hours later than it actually was. Right at the last minute they changed it to lock in the picks at the correct time.

Otherwise people could have been watching the fights/reading a play by play and then filling in their picks with the winners.
npayant
5/20/08 8:00:52PM

Posted by uGotKTFO

There was.

It said it was starting nine hours later than it actually was. Right at the last minute they changed it to lock in the picks at the correct time.

Otherwise people could have been watching the fights/reading a play by play and then filling in their picks with the winners.

If this is the case... sorry TS... that sucks!
Svartorm
5/21/08 1:48:41AM
Yeah, there was some confusion about the cut off time for the event and the time conversion, which was caught at the last second. Otherwise we'd have had to scrap the whole event, which wouldn't have been good.

Sorry you couldn't get your picks in in time bro.
CornishMMA
5/21/08 7:12:01AM
WTF! wow im glad i got my picks in early cos i always thought the countdown was an accurate countdown and sometimes left it late to do them, dunno why there was confusion tho? time difference is actually small simple math, like add 10 hours etc!

I actually think scrapping the whole event would have been fairer cos Tap or Snap has been cost a top 10 finish now, still bad timing with it being last event of the season. Id advise to not have a countdown unless you are certain it is correct
tap_or_snap
5/21/08 3:30:47PM

Posted by CornishMMA

WTF! wow im glad i got my picks in early cos i always thought the countdown was an accurate countdown and sometimes left it late to do them, dunno why there was confusion tho? time difference is actually small simple math, like add 10 hours etc!

I actually think scrapping the whole event would have been fairer cos Tap or Snap has been cost a top 10 finish now, still bad timing with it being last event of the season. Id advise to not have a countdown unless you are certain it is correct

Hi cornish, thanks for the support mate, i agree the fairest thing would be for the event to be scraped but im not going to go calling for that as no doubt hell would break loose

The worst thing is all three fights were dooseys to pick; a kk fighter with a rudimentary submission game against a pancrase vet, an undersized untested korean striker again with rudimentary sub defence against the guy who just outpointed hansen and a 5ft 8" anarchist with 40lbs of excess muscle and the gas tank to go with it against the always agressive josh "the energizer bunny" barnett, the easiest 33 pts you could ever ask for.

As i said above i was also going to tune up the picks i quickly slotted in the day before, I was in a quandry whether to go second round sub pyle and second round tko nakao or ud for both but as you see from the picks i managed to log I decided just to slot in ud and come back at the last minute to make a final decison, all in all i lost anywhere between 33-51pts, if i had indeed had the chance and if (granted a big if) i had gone for the finishes over the decisions with pyle and nakao i would of taken the season by 2 pts

Thats said geiger is a worthy winner, the guy only made four picks on the first event so props to him he deserves the win, what can i say i didnt really want a t shirt or a badge anyway...
Svartorm
5/21/08 7:49:40PM

Posted by CornishMMA

You're right, I'm going to tell 3000 people their scores don't count because one guy didn't get his picks in in time. It sucks for Tap or Snap to be sure, but it doesn't pay to wait until the last second sometimes. These events are in the secondary league, partially because they ARE unreliable in their cards and start times.

If you want to start your own fantasy mma site, feel free to do so, but keep in mind you have absolutely no idea what goes into running this place.