PRO ELITE FOR SALE AT PUBLIC AUCTION

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » PRO ELITE FOR SALE AT PUBLIC AUCTION
Bowen50
11/4/08 4:50:47PM
The pieces of fallen mixed martial arts promotion Pro Elite, Inc. are on sale.

In a Securities and Exchange Commission filing dated Nov. 4, executives from Showtime Networks and parent company CBS Corporation announced that the assets of Pro Elite, Inc. would be sold to the highest bidder in a public auction scheduled for Nov. 17.

“Showtime gave the Issuer a notice pursuant to the Security Agreement, as amended, that it intends to sell all of the Issuer’s personal property, whether tangible or intangible, to the highest bidder at a public sale,” the filing states. “Showtime reserves its rights under the Security Agreement, as amended, and applicable lawto adjourn or cancel the sale and thereafter dispose of such property in a public or private sale or in any other manner provided by applicable law.”

The filing comes only days after Pro Elite sent a letter to fighter managers stating the company was in the process of downsizing and planned to put on another card in early 2009.

Kelly Kahl, Senior Executive Vice President for CBS Primetime Television, had no comment on the sale.

Link
DCRage
11/4/08 4:54:10PM
Alright folks, let's start pooling our money together so maybe we can buy ourselves an MMA promotion! Seriously though, this whole story just keeps getting more and more bizarre by the hour.
Bowen50
11/4/08 4:55:45PM

Posted by DCRage

Alright folks, let's start pooling our money together so maybe we can buy ourselves an MMA promotion! Seriously though, this whole story just keeps getting more and more bizarre by the hour.

yeah you're right. just when you thought it was crazy enough it doesn't cease to amaze us with more craziness.
moob
11/4/08 4:56:57PM
I'll start the bidding at 1c for Kimbo.
Jackelope
11/4/08 4:59:53PM
Does this mean Gina Carano is up for auction??? Cuz if so let me cash in some stocks, two roth IRA's and check my bank accounts real quick
moob
11/4/08 5:01:37PM
OK, good point Jackelope - I'll now retract my Kimbo bid and up the ante for Gina at $1000.
DCRage
11/4/08 5:01:42PM
You know that if you outbid me for her I'll have to put you in a Peruvian Neck Tie, right? Although I might forgive you if you can get me Cristiane Santos instead.
Twenty20Dollars
11/4/08 5:04:31PM
I'll put down a dollar to buy proelite to have it run by mma fans.
moob
11/4/08 5:04:40PM

Posted by DCRage

You know that if you outbid me for her I'll have to put you in a Peruvian Neck Tie, right? Although I might forgive you if you can get me Cristiane Santos instead.

I'm sure we can come to some kinda arrangement.

Crisitine Santos - whatever floats yer boat.
Ben_Hutch
11/4/08 5:09:27PM
It'd be jokes to buy Pro Elite, I wana buy Jared Shaw to, will he be on sale?
juanez13
11/4/08 5:46:34PM
hold on a sec guys, i gotta go break my piggy bank...

jocka
11/4/08 5:55:10PM

Posted by moob

Posted by DCRage

Wow do you think Santos is hot?
tberg420
11/4/08 6:10:53PM
I've got dibs on buying Gary Shaw. I really loved his portrayal of The Penguin in Batman Returns. I've also got dibs on Julie Kedzie and Gina's used sports bras.
DCRage
11/4/08 6:17:41PM

Posted by jocka

Posted by moob

Posted by DCRage

She might not be as hot as Gina, but I do admit to having a thing for women that can kick butt quite well. And she's fine-looking in her own rights, certainly not ugly.
ThaAxeMurderer7
11/4/08 6:26:45PM

Posted by DCRage

Posted by jocka

Posted by moob

Posted by DCRage

She might not be as hot as Gina, but I do admit to having a thing for women that can kick butt quite well. And she's fine-looking in her own rights, certainly not ugly.

Man, you know that's some rough sex right there. She may want you to tie her up and elbow her in the face. Dirty Girl
loller90278
11/4/08 8:04:33PM

Posted by DCRage

Posted by jocka

Posted by moob

Posted by DCRage

wow, you must have extremely low standards! who do you think is ugly then! ?
The_Omega
11/4/08 8:25:12PM
Alright Ragu, you and I need to buy this promotion up and form our Ragu y Ortega Fight League (ROFL for short) We may lose a ton of money, but we can buy up Gina's contract, and also pay Kimbo $1,000 to fight other street fighters like... uhhhh... the fellow on the corner of 12th and 52nd, the guy who hangs out in front of the library, and that M. Bison guy EL CHEAPO! [and for those wondering about the nicknames, Rage and I are longtime friends outside of the site]
bls1919
11/4/08 10:17:44PM
WOW. big surprise here. Out of all of this bullshit i hope kimbo goes to Japan and he can somhow fight Don Frye and get his ass stomped. Yes thats right the Frye-o-later cooking himself up some kimbo. JK but really this will probably happen