UFC Primetime returns to Spike TV for UFC 129

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC Primetime returns to Spike TV for UFC 129
pmoney
3/20/11 1:47:56PM
In anticipation of their historic UFC 129 main-event fight, UFC heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar (21-2 MMA, 15-2 UFC) and top challenger Jake Shields (26-4-1 MMA, 1-0 UFC) will be featured in the newest edition of Spike TV's three-part "UFC Primetime" special.

While broadcast plans for the specials have yet to be finalized, White confirmed the plans following Saturday's UFC 128 card in New Jersey.

"We're going to do a Primetime on those two," White said.

Article
bojangalz
3/20/11 3:31:14PM
that's a pretty big typo for the editors at Junkie to miss. Obviously they meant GSP, not Brock.
Twenty20Dollars
3/20/11 3:43:45PM
Wow it's like which guy do I dislike more GSP or Shields. I kinda dont want to watch this but I prolly will.
gartface
3/20/11 4:30:29PM

Posted by bojangalz

that's a pretty big typo for the editors at Junkie to miss. Obviously they meant GSP, not Brock.

GSPCanada
3/20/11 5:57:46PM
i like gsp, and i like his character, but I don't think he has the right personality for a primetime show, especially with jake shields. both guys r kinda too respectful of one another, i would have preferred gsp vs kos or silva vs belfort...o well
TimW001
3/21/11 1:50:17PM
It's the same reason they did a GSP/Hardy primetime. It's because this is a fairly clear fight, we all know who will win. But if you do a primetime people will begin to question their pick, and eventually people are split on who will win. Then a very one sided choice becomes a very tough decision.

Same thing happened in the Hardy fight. Most people picked GSP, but after the Primetime, a lot of people began to think that Hardy really just needs one punch. And he is well able to land one punch.