UFC Primetime Penn VS Pierre 2

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » UFC Primetime Penn VS Pierre 2
Afflicted
1/14/09 10:41:07PM
Just watched the show and I dont think I could be more excited for a fight. The show was pretty interesting to watch, and BJ is really trying to play mind games with GSP, its pretty cool to watch it all go down. Go BJ!!!!!!!!!!!!
tuvok500
1/14/09 10:45:04PM
BJ is afraid , really afraid, he don't even believe what he says !!
In modern MMA, pure skill is no longer enough, you have to be a machine everywhere, specially against the most complete fighter of all time.

i predict GSP by BRUTAL KO somewhere between the end of rd 2 and middle of rd 3.

Penn gonna wake up at the hospital, fighting for his life like he seem to be willing to do !! lol

SpiderSilva
1/14/09 10:47:17PM
no way in hell Penn gets Koed
cmill21
1/14/09 11:05:28PM

Posted by tuvok500

In modern MMA, pure skill is no longer enough, you have to be a machine everywhere, specially against the most complete fighter of all time.

BJ's fighting Fedor?

It was pretty good, I think it's hilarious that BJ parties and that.
loller90278
1/14/09 11:48:14PM
i think the show lacked a little depth.. whenever i watch 24/7 with pacman and de la hoya or anyone else im glued to the tv. during this one i was switching back and forth and kind of spaced out during the last 5-10 minutes.
postman
1/15/09 9:59:52AM

Posted by cmill21

Posted by tuvok500

BJ's fighting Fedor?

It was pretty good, I think it's hilarious that BJ parties and that.

I didn't know that either.
Wallass
1/15/09 10:36:51AM
Absolutely right. BJ knows he will lose so makes up for it by talking smack. Anybody else doubt every word that comes out of this guys mouth? I doubt he trains for 5 hours a day. Keep taking vacations buddy. U`ll need one after GSP annihilates you.
prozacnation1978
1/15/09 11:00:30AM
it was fun to watch
i thought it was classic to see dana try to call bj
bj looks at his phone it's dana and puts his phone away
casey64
1/15/09 12:42:54PM
Yeah, I cant wait, but BJ is scared though.JMO
Wolfenstein
1/15/09 1:16:47PM
Maybe it's just me, but BJ's smack talk came off as very forced, like he was reading from a cue card or something.

I was surprised to hear he was training only 5 hours a day. I know guys who train p/t and they put in 4 hours a day. BJ looked a little out of shape, but a lot of guys don't start getting that really toned look until they start trimming some weight in the last couple weeks.

Seemed to be a major difference in training camps, at least in terms of quality training partners. It just seems like George is taking this fight more seriously; pushing himself a little harder. It doesn't seem like BJ is pushing himself that hard.

BJ's taking 5 days off during a training camp, and I guarantee you George isn't going to take five days off. It certainly makes BJ's comment that, "George is a quitter" look even more ridiculous than it already was.
StriderXero
1/15/09 1:32:06PM
LOL, BJ is afraid?? Isn't he the one that basically kept bugging Dana to make this fight happen??

Not going to say that GSP didn't want this fight, cus IMO he was like "another fight with BJ........sure whatever"

No doubt, that BJ will probably lose this fight, but to say the guy is afraid after he was the one that requested the fight first, is just odd.

Hope this fight lives up to the hype.
Afflicted
1/15/09 3:20:48PM
Anyone who thinks BJ is scared is insane. First of all I cant imagine any of the top fighters in the UFC are afraid of anyone, if they were then they wouldnt be the top level fighters that they are. Second BJ wanted this fight, begged and bugged Dana until Dana made it happen. Also BJ truly believes that he won the first fight and many people as well as one of the judges that night agree with him.

I just watched the fight again last night on UFC unleashed and I believe the only reason GSP won the fight was the takedown he scored in the final seconds of round 2. If it wasnt for that he would have lost that fight no doubt in my mind. BJ won the standup exchanges in all 3 rounds and also had the only legitimate sub attempt of the entire fight when he caught GSP in a shoulder lock in rd 3. The only thing GSP did was out wrestle BJ and he didnt score many GnP points either. The only reason he won was because 2 of the judges put too much weight on the takedowns he scored and not enough on the fact that he did little to BJ from the top.

I hope BJ wins by brutal KO and shuts up all the haters and GSP nuthuggers
nellyhiphophead
1/15/09 5:42:25PM
it got me pumped for the fight can't wait to see it go down i will be there live. f%&* yeah its going to be off the chain. war gsp penn has no chance in my mind gsp is to big and will take bj donw at will and win this one.
DCRage
1/15/09 7:23:16PM
Apparently a lot of people didn't watch, the rating just came out...

That works out to roughly 800,000 viewers.
cmill21
1/15/09 7:54:49PM

Posted by DCRage

Lol, ouch, what were the 24/7 ratings?
Franklinfan47
1/15/09 9:09:26PM

Posted by DCRage

Really? They're reporting over on junkie it was the most watched countdown show ever for mma. Personally, I enjoyed it. Can't wait for GSP to beat Penn's marshmellow ass.
keith-hackney1
1/16/09 6:23:37AM
penn is scared, he's still a fat kid with the work ethnic of a teenager who can't deal with the everyday pressures of training like a champion. I like the way GSP is sparing in the gym, the same day bj's brother gets a call from dana to find out what bj's at. Instead of training in the gym with blood sweat and tears, he's on a 3 day lazy vacation with his girlfriend. Thats not the mind set of a champion wanting to beat the champion in the upper division to his weight class is it ?? As soon as i saw that, i knew bj won't be ready, GSP will dominate Penn and finish the fight 3rd/4th round when bj's conditioning folds in. Bj does not care about being a great legend, he just does as much as he wants. GSP will become the greatest WW of all time, i bet you.
Franklinfan47
1/16/09 7:54:35AM
mmamania is also saying they got 1.3 million viewers
JWest12
1/16/09 10:28:53AM

Posted by Wolfenstein

Maybe it's just me, but BJ's smack talk came off as very forced, like he was reading from a cue card or something.

I am all for GSP but I have to agree with Wolfenstein. I don't know how much of what BJ is saying is all him. I tihnk he may be made to look like such a bad guy on the show and is going along with it. Like when Dana calls him and he puts away the phone. BJ knows they are filming a show for national tv and I'm sure he can see the camera guy right in front of him yet he still doesn't answer? He must know everyone is going to see that.
the_01
1/16/09 1:25:23PM
Its gonna be a fight from both sides. I predict Pierre by Unanimous Decision.
king_katool
1/16/09 1:38:25PM
when you haven't fought since may, have been in the gym training 5 hours a day for 3 months, and the guy cant take 5 days off to let his body relax then hit the gym hard for 2 weeks and peak for the fight, i think EVERY1 is looking into this so called "vacation" BJ is taking, there was a news article on here a few days ago where it was explained he's had this "vacation" time the last few fights. im pretty set on BJ winning by anything, not what he wants but what GSP gives him, if GSP plays if safe i thin BJ will win a dec. and if GSP comes guns blazing i think BJ stuns him and finishes with a TKO or RNC

WAR BJ
Afflicted
1/16/09 4:40:49PM
I agree 100%. BJ's so called vacation is a joke. I hope BJ dominates and shuts up all the haters and doubters of the man who is "The Prodigy"
RedCloud
1/16/09 7:44:55PM
B.....J.....ALL......DAY........
JimiMak
1/16/09 9:19:29PM
The show def wanted to show certain sides of each guy. It's a producer thing to build up hype for the fight. I think the show was alright, don't really care for those kinds of things. I'm already pumped for the fight. I'm nervous for BJ but think he beats GSP around 2/3 of the time and he already lost one (at least officially) so that brings his chances way up....
GSPCanada
1/24/09 6:05:27PM
I'm starting to get more and more unimpressed with Bj, I kind of lost respect for BJ after he knocked out sherk and then wet to do the whole blood licking thing while sherk was being surrounded for med help. I was actually surprised sherk even shook his hand after that.

As for the show I dont really like it, the first one was good but id prefer if they showed more training and less background on the guys. BJ;s vacation isnt a big deal I dont think 5 days is a big diff hes not gonna catch up to gsp in cardio in that time span (or ever for that matter) he should be taking 5 days of lighter work not a vacation tho