POLL: Prime Mirko "Crocop" Filipovich vs Prime Anderson "The Spider" Silva
Spider 52% (15)
Crocop 48% (14)
Poor_Franklin
10/12/11 9:15:52PM
who you got?

DeadHead988
10/12/11 9:18:45PM
Silva is 25x the fighter Cro Cop is, even in his prime. But there are weight classes for a reason so CC ftw.
Pookie
10/12/11 9:44:13PM
Cro-cop. Anderson wouldn't be able to get the takedowns, nor does he have the strength to clinch up with CC and stay there.

It's essentially a Kickboxing match, and Ill take Cro-cop in his prime via technical refinement of the craft.
Budgellism
10/12/11 10:37:24PM

Posted by Pookie

Cro-cop. Anderson wouldn't be able to get the takedowns, nor does he have the strength to clinch up with CC and stay there.

It's essentially a Kickboxing match, and Ill take Cro-cop in his prime via technical refinement of the craft.

Essentially this.
KungFuMaster
10/13/11 12:11:48AM
I have never really been impressed with CroCop but he does have an imposing game when he was in his prime. He stalks his opponents and will look for the straight left or the head kick.

IMO, CroCop will not be intimidated at all with Anderson's dancing or speed and will eventually find Anderson's head and it will be lights out.
sbulldavid
10/13/11 12:29:46AM
Prime Cro Cop could punch and kick as hard and fast as anybody that has ever stepped in a cage or ring, Silva would have been too small to match up with a 225 pound prime CC.
Chael_Sonnen
10/13/11 12:58:18AM
CC had a prime
ncordless
10/13/11 2:46:02AM
I'd take Anderson. Cro Cops legs would keep it interesting, but Anderson's hand and head movement are miles above Cro Cop in his prime. Cro Cop never had that great of striking defense, even in K1. Anderson is slick enough to avoid that LHK, and fast enough to capitalize on Cro Cop's tendency to throw single shots instead of combos.
prophecy033
10/13/11 3:02:57AM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

CC had a prime

about as much of a prime as Chael, at least up till now, with both losing championship fights.
Pookie
10/13/11 10:53:10AM

Posted by ncordless

Anderson's hand and head movement are miles above Cro Cop in his prime. Cro Cop never had that great of striking defense, even in K1.

Sir, i will simply say i disagree. Cro-cop played a fantastic range game. Considering that Mirko had one of the smallest reaches in k-1 and still fought like an outside fighter is a testament to how quick and agile he was. His movement was insane.
Boo_Radley21
10/20/11 2:13:13PM
Cro Cop based on the fact that he's way bigger
mrsmiley
10/22/11 2:19:24PM
Where's Cmill when you need him!