is PRIDE 34 worth paying for...???

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » is PRIDE 34 worth paying for...???
POLL: Will you order PRIDE 34 PPV..?
Yes 36% (9)
No 40% (10)
Free(friends house,Bar ect.) 24% (6)
Trapt1nw0nder
4/2/07 8:48:44AM
this card is very weak to me to pay for it,plus its gonna be on a sunday...and UFC 69 will be the day before...I would prolly pay for it if it was 2 weeks after,but not the day after...too much money for me ....we'll rather buy 2 24packs of budweiser and party or something and just see the results in sherdog...

will you all pay for it?

Mastodon2
4/2/07 8:52:19AM
I'll just wait till It comes out on DVD, unfortunately Pride dont show on TV in England.
Jeffanori-Gomi
4/2/07 12:59:42PM
I was having 2nd thoughts on buying PRIDE 33 and that turned out to be spectacular. This card looks dismal but who knows
pv3Hpv3p
4/2/07 2:42:40PM
With the way that MMA has been going this year, I will definitley buy this...

I will always watch Don Frye fight...

I want to see if Sokodjou (sp?) was a fluke...

Zelg's debute...

Probably a sick sub from Aoki...

I'm still holding my breath for barnett / Kharitonov to be announced...

And I like the Zulu / Butterbean match up... I don't care what they say about freakshow fights... War Butterbean.

And Yvel always seems to make it intersting, be it a KO or some stupid shit that he does... Gives you something to talk about either way... Admittidly I don't know much about Atajev, but I hope he wins.

Not the best card on paper, but a lot of times that's where you'll find some of the best fights, IMO.
teamquestnorth
4/2/07 8:34:42PM
all my favorite fighters for the most part fight in the ufc but ufc 69 has shitty written all over it i would skip that and just get pride. besides ufn is on thursday and its free. i saw butterbean fight cabbage before and it was badass seeing someone that big fight under"stand and bang"rules i think this will be the same.
hathcock32
4/2/07 8:51:13PM
I love getting all these free PPV. i woudent pay for it if i didnt get it for free, but im pretty excited to see it. By the way what time is it supposed to come on.......in the West Coast that is??
hippysmacker
4/2/07 9:24:59PM
Neither of these cards is top notch IMO, but I'll probably get both.
Gogoplata
4/2/07 9:35:51PM
Where To See PRIDE 34 The Day After

The link above almost ALWAYS has the fights posted a day afterward for UFC and PRIDE events. It is where I always go to catch the replays or see a fight I didn't get to see.
hathcock32
4/3/07 1:46:42AM
I didnt no it says it has a 4 hour time slot....
jaba
4/4/07 9:19:33PM
This card is waaaaaaaay better then UFC 69 and 68 and 67 for that matter. UFC 69 has maybe 4 interesting fights, GSP vs Serra for the beatdown, Kosheck vs diego for the beef, Swick vs okami (might suck though), and Herring vs whoever for herring. Every fight on pride 34 is decent, i mean wandy vs igor, Frye vs thompson how can u even say ufc 69 is better. Plain and simple Pride>>>>>>>UFC
BadSanta
4/5/07 4:28:43AM

Posted by jaba

This card is waaaaaaaay better then UFC 69 and 68 and 67 for that matter. UFC 69 has maybe 4 interesting fights, GSP vs Serra for the beatdown, Kosheck vs diego for the beef, Swick vs okami (might suck though), and Herring vs whoever for herring. Every fight on pride 34 is decent, i mean wandy vs igor, Frye vs thompson how can u even say ufc 69 is better. Plain and simple Pride>>>>>>>UFC

Herring ain't what he used to be. I'm betting heavy on him losing in the Octagon...AGAIN.
Svartorm
4/5/07 4:43:36AM
If Wandy vs. Igor goes down, it'll be worth it for that alone.

Otherwise, I'm excited for Bean vs. Zulu, Yvel vs. that guy and Frye vs. JT for the brutal KO factor. I want to see this Zelg guy fight, as I've never seen him, and have heard good things, plus theres the Camaroon Assassin, whos out to prove he doesn't just have a wacky left hook. Aoki could pull off an exciting sub on that guy, and I'd like to see him fight, as I'm not quite sure how he stacks up with the rest of the LWs worldwide. Then Fujita vs. Monson, which I want to see because I hate Monson and want Iron Head to bust his noggin open. Don't have an opinion on Drago vs. Nakao, other than I hope Nakao tries to kiss him.