anyone else having pride withdrawls?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » anyone else having pride withdrawls?
loller90278
5/16/07 9:55:35PM
i've been gettin my hands on old dvds, youtube, dailymotion - anything i can do to get my fix of pride, since the lack of any news for a monthhhhh

anybody know if zuffa finally bought pride out and have total control now? cuz i know they were having problems..and fishman is still sueing dse.. that doesn't affect the sale does it ?

i just want to see pride 35 (and maybe 36) and LWGP before summer ends..PLEASE!
the-james
5/16/07 10:05:27PM
I know,, it feels like forever since theres been a pride event and considering how bad the pride 34 card was it makes it even worse.

But the LWGP will be amazing and sould make up for it.
kerazzle
5/16/07 10:21:34PM
yup Ive been watching my DVD's viewing my favourite battles.
loller90278
5/16/07 10:45:18PM
ok this might be a bit abstract but.

i think dan hendo can beat fedor if he moves up to hw !!
Northrend
5/16/07 10:47:22PM
Yeah I just bought Pride Shockwave 2005 and gona get Bushido 9 soon. First DVD I have purchased of MMA in a year or 2. Been watching alota stuff on youtube though, damn I miss those stomps and soccer kicks.
BadSanta
5/18/07 12:48:04AM

Posted by Northrend

Yeah I just bought Pride Shockwave 2005 and gona get Bushido 9 soon. First DVD I have purchased of MMA in a year or 2. Been watching alota stuff on youtube though, damn I miss those stomps and soccer kicks.

Yeah...stomps and soccer kicks make me all warm and fuzzy inside. I miss 'em too. Seriously, though, stomps were a great tool against lay-and-pray tactics.
xthe_scottx
5/18/07 12:52:30AM

Posted by BadSanta

Yeah...stomps and soccer kicks make me all warm and fuzzy inside. I miss 'em too. Seriously, though, stomps were a great tool against lay-and-pray tactics.

I used to say that soccer kicks and head stomps belong in street fights, not MMA but nowg that PRIDE won't have them anymore I'm kind of sad. I uess you don't know how much you love something until it's gone. RIP Soccer Kicks/Head Stomps.
Mastodon2
5/18/07 5:40:11AM

Posted by BadSanta

Yep this is the absolute truth. I was so angry when I heard they were being taken away, and Im still bitter that they are gone!
pv3Hpv3p
5/18/07 10:28:45AM
Just had a DVD watching marathon with my buddy...

Bushido 1-3 & 8
Fists of Fire
Shockwave 04
Critical Countdown 05
Hardcore KO's 1 & 2

That was just last Saturday, and I'm still goin through withdrawls...

What's going on with the sale? I keep hearing it hasn't gone through and that there is some sort of problem... Is it the Fischman lawsuit? Anyone heard anything?
Leland
5/18/07 12:28:28PM
i dont know but i hope they hurry up. i need to see some pride :P
joris
5/18/07 12:54:07PM
no info?