Pride website

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Pride website
Mayo
8/21/07 5:59:16PM
Anyone see Pride's website lately? They're calling the UFC 75 event "UFC vs Pride". It looks like the UFC just can't let go of Pride's good reputation. I'm surprised the Pride website still even exists.
see here
cmill21
8/21/07 6:00:56PM
lol but rampage was a pride fighter.
zephead
8/21/07 7:20:17PM
Rampage is a UFC fighter now. He left Pride, went to a org. that the UFC bought and then signed a new contract will the UFC. Hence, that makes him a UFC fighter now.
JuggaloWarrior878
8/21/07 7:22:03PM
rampage was apride fighter now hes ufc champ so its really ufc belt vs pride belt although they were both pride fighters
cmill21
8/21/07 7:33:27PM
But then technically hendo is a UFC fighter to if thats how you want to look at it. He's not signed to Pride, and he's obviously got some sort of contract with the UFC.
zephead
8/21/07 9:51:14PM
Hendo owns 2 belts in Pride. Rampage owns the LHW belt in the UFC. Hence, UFC vs. Pride
Btews22
8/21/07 10:12:38PM
pride VS pride
ncordless
8/21/07 10:51:47PM
Pride was great. Pride is dead. There is no more Pride. All fighters that fight in the UFC are UFC fighters now. Give it up.
cmill21
8/21/07 10:55:08PM
Then how is it champion vs. champion?
Ordep
8/21/07 11:31:44PM
Dana just can't accept that Pride fighter are superior.

Why he didn't call it that way for UFC71??
It was like the "home team" game for Liddell against Rampage.
DMcCabe11
8/22/07 12:15:13AM
if Rampage is a Pride fighter then Hendo is a UFC fighter...hendo was 2-0 in the UFC long before he fought in pride Pride was done with Rampage before he signed with the UFC he was fighting in the World fighting Alliance...obiviously i dont think Hendo is a UFC fighter but based on the Pride vs. Pride logic he is
cmill21
8/22/07 12:42:49AM
^^ Wah? It doesn't make sense to call it pride vs. UFC is both fighters made there name and fought the majority of their fights in pride.
hippysmacker
8/22/07 1:11:15AM

Posted by DMcCabe11

if Rampage is a Pride fighter then Hendo is a UFC fighter...hendo was 2-0 in the UFC long before he fought in pride Pride was done with Rampage before he signed with the UFC he was fighting in the World fighting Alliance...obiviously i dont think Hendo is a UFC fighter but based on the Pride vs. Pride logic he is

Agreed, I really don't get why people make a big deal of this either. Rampage has not had a Pride fight in a long time . If you want to get technical not only is Hendo a UFC fighter, so are Sakuraba and Wandy.Do I consider them such? No , but people will sometimes try to support there opinions without logic. It's UFC champ vs Pride champ. That's the only reason left for any UFC vs Pride stuff. They are all UFC fighters now, so I see no reason why where they fought last is significant. In he only real UFC vs Pride matches so far, where they fighters were actually under contract to seperate ogs. are I beleive
Chuck vs, Metzger- Liddel victory
Chuck vs. Overeem - Liddell victory
Chuck vs Rampage- Jackson Victory
Ricco vs Big Nog- Nog victory (Worst decision I have ever seen. Ricco won IMO)
Fujita vs Monson- Monson victory

So UFC 3 Pride 2 and the Nog fight decison sure looked like hometown judging to me.Does this mean one is better than the other? Can you make a case that since the UFC won more of the cross promo matches , and willingly sent heir fighters over, and Pride never reciprocated that they were . Maybe , but we can also make the case that they didn't need help from the UFC , and that they wouldn't wanted to do anything ,to help them sell tickets and PPV's at a time when most people thought that Pride had better talent. The UFC did the same thing at the end of Pride. When pride was desperate and making challenges that would only benefit them . and the UFc was smart from a business standpoint to not do anything to help there rival gain a foothold in America.
Not only is this irrelevant, because unless every fighter , in every weight class, in both orgs. , did a round robin , years long tournament, and all fought each other could anything have been proved . Even then Styles make fights and a fighter who was not so great when this mythical super tournament began could be a completely different fighter by the end of it. To top it off, Pride is gone now. There are always two sides to a story /argument/ discussion. Especially where subjective , unprovable opinions are involved. So why people still have to bring this old stuff up baffles me. Please everyone let the whole UFC/Pride thing go. Even if the UFC reopened Pride it would not be the same. Same owners for both now, different rules, and who knows what fighters would go there.Look on the bright side , a lot of the fights we always wanted are gonna happen soon

DCRage
8/22/07 11:41:57AM

Posted by cmill21

Because it's the UFC Light Heavyweight Champion (Rampage) vs. the PRIDE Middleweight Champion (Henderson-PRIDE's Middleweight division is/was equivalent to UFC's Light Heavyweight Division). Winner takes all.
TNunley
8/22/07 2:15:16PM

Posted by DCRage

Posted by cmill21

Because it's the UFC Light Heavyweight Champion (Rampage) vs. the PRIDE Middleweight Champion (Henderson-PRIDE's Middleweight division is/was equivalent to UFC's Light Heavyweight Division). Winner takes all.

I agree with cmill, if Pride no longer exists, then how can it have a champion?
DCRage
8/22/07 2:19:41PM
We're all assuming PRIDE is dead when it's really not yet. True, it doesn't look good for the future but Dana & the Fertittas have said in the past they want to revive it, there are just too many issues to list here that have to be cleared up first. My guess is they're waiting until at least 2008 and/or until the status of several of their bigger names is determined-now that Wanderlei's taken care of that probably means everything at this point may hinge on what happens with Fedor.