Pride Versus UFC

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Pride Versus UFC
Next Page »
roninthomas
1/17/07 4:51:16PM
Pride Versus UFC

With all the talk that goes on with both these companies I really think there should be a one time Pride Versus UFC
show. do it up!!! That would end all the dispute about which one have the better fights. Personally I am a Pride fan myself just love every accept. Don’t get me wrong I love the UFC as well I am just a little sick of hearing this organization is better this the other. When must of the people saying it haven’t even see a Pride event before, so so sad. All the same God love UFC for making MMA a lot more popular in North American.

FEDOR EMELIANENKO
WANDERLEI SILVA
DAN HENDERSON
TAKANORI GOMI

VS

Tim Sylvia
Chuck Liddell
Anderson Silva (which in my eyes is a Pride fighter)
Sean Sherk

I have my money on Pride.

War Chute Boxe
waylon_o
1/17/07 4:54:50PM
Tim Sylvia would embarass the UFC
Livershot
1/17/07 5:10:47PM

Posted by roninthomas

Pride Versus UFC

With all the talk that goes on with both these companies I really think there should be a one time Pride Versus UFC
show. do it up!!! That would end all the dispute about which one have the better fights. Personally I am a Pride fan myself just love every accept. Don’t get me wrong I love the UFC as well I am just a little sick of hearing this organization is better this the other. When must of the people saying it haven’t even see a Pride event before, so so sad. All the same God love UFC for making MMA a lot more popular in North American.

FEDOR EMELIANENKO
WANDERLEI SILVA
DAN HENDERSON
TAKANORI GOMI

VS

Tim Sylvia
Chuck Liddell
Anderson Silva (which in my eyes is a Pride fighter)
Sean Sherk

I have my money on Pride.

War Chute Boxe

Why do you consider A Sliva a Pride fighter, he has fought more times in Cage Rage and is the current Cage Rage MW champ as well as the UFC

You can't really call a UFC belt holder a Pride fighter

BTW I love Pride
roninthomas
1/17/07 5:20:03PM
you have a valued point
Really he is more of a Ronin fighting anywhere and everywhere. to me he will aways be a Pride fighter. he did come from Chute Boxe. and when i think of Chute Boxe i think of Pride.

Stomp Stomp Stomp!!

War Chute Boxe
cowcatcher
1/17/07 5:24:02PM
I'm a UFC guy and have been since the beginning, how many pride guys got their PPV debuts on UFC??? I don't wanna hate on pride though, they have much better HW and LW divisions than UFC but UFC's LW is improving and CroCop certainly helps. I'll always be a packers fan cuz i watched them first, same with UFC.
hippysmacker
1/17/07 6:37:04PM
I'm a MMA fan. Don't care what it says on the letterhead, I just want to see entertaining fights.
zephead
1/17/07 6:41:16PM

Posted by hippysmacker

I'm a MMA fan. Don't care what it says on the letterhead, I just want to see entertaining fights.

Amen. I love MMA. Who cares what org. is fighting. It's about the sport not the org..
CDW
1/18/07 9:14:28AM
I'd like Pride better then UFC because of the rules!
Like in UFC you can't kick or Knee to the head when somebody is on the ground! The kicks and knees to the head ingreat weapon is Pride! They standing for more war on the ground!
Moneymakers911
1/18/07 9:18:19AM
Anderson Silva would probably be the only one on the UFC squad that would win, but then he is from pride so it's plain to see that UFC is inferior to Pride
evilslutt
1/18/07 1:55:01PM
With both feds having somewhat different styles in judging, I guess the likes of Silva who's entered the octagon a lot of times would have a bit of advantage. With the rest of the fighters from PFC, I guess we need to wait and see if ever these matches occur.
Savy
1/18/07 5:05:01PM
Pride clearly has superior fighters in the lightweight and heavyweight divisions.
Thanks to GSP, Hughes, Penn, Sanchez and Parysian, the UFC's welterweight division very strong.
The middleweight division shows neither promotion having a clear edge.
Although UFC cage is home the best light-heavyweight, the Japanese ring is overflowing with top notch lightheavies: Shogun, Wanderlei, Arona, Rogerio Nogueira, Nakamura, Overeem and Randleman. .
Livershot
1/18/07 5:06:00PM

Posted by hippysmacker

Word to that, they both have their merits, I have seen great fights in both org, I do prefer the rules of Pride as they are closer to old skool Vale Tudo, but UFC has great fights and great fighters, just like Pride
cowcatcher
1/18/07 5:08:28PM

Posted by Moneymakers911

Anderson Silva would probably be the only one on the UFC squad that would win, but then he is from pride so it's plain to see that UFC is inferior to Pride

Yeah Chuck's a real slouch that probably couldn't beat a guy that Tito pwned...in case you didn't know I'm being sarcastic
cowcatcher
1/18/07 5:11:55PM
i couldn't attach this before
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1 Photo Attachment 2
loller90278
1/18/07 5:31:06PM
yayy lets judge modern day fights to a fight that happened 6 years ago yayy!!

sarcasm ftw.

lets move on to rampage vs liddlel..(fight 1)
che2208
1/18/07 8:59:11PM
i couldn't agree with you more on the caliber of talent in Pride...there are a few fighters in UFC that i like to watch but for the most part...Pride offers a great level of talent that I believe UFC does not....Fedor would kill Tim Silva...The AXe Murder will destroy Tito and Chuck...chuck couldnt beat Rampage...but UFC vs Pride..man that would be the shits
MMA
1/18/07 10:55:14PM

Posted by che2208

i couldn't agree with you more on the caliber of talent in Pride...there are a few fighters in UFC that i like to watch but for the most part...Pride offers a great level of talent that I believe UFC does not....Fedor would kill Tim Silva...The AXe Murder will destroy Tito and Chuck...chuck couldnt beat Rampage...but UFC vs Pride..man that would be the shits

You really believe that Silva would destroy Liddell? I would beg to differ, this fight would be damn close. Whoever can capitalize on the other opponent's mistake first wins this fight.

Also, Jackson beat Liddell 3 years ago, things are totally different now ... don't be surprised if Liddell wins the rematch.
Kazmierz21
1/18/07 10:57:56PM
The UFC Heavyweight division is a joke - come on - Randy who retired comes back for an immediate title shot - what is that...Alex Emalianenko could be the champ in UFC let alone the fighters above him

Pride rules are definitely superior - judges too for that matter - and the cage slows down the action in UFC

Gotta give props to the UFC for the MMA surge that has hit the US though
Kazmierz21
1/18/07 11:00:41PM

Posted by MMA

Posted by che2208

You really believe that Silva would destroy Liddell? I would beg to differ, this fight would be damn close. Whoever can capitalize on the other opponent's mistake first wins this fight.

Also, Jackson beat Liddell 3 years ago, things are totally different now ... don't be surprised if Liddell wins the rematch.

I think Rampage would give him more of a run for his money - Liddell would take Silva because Silva's a little too wild and Chuck punches a little too straight

They'd both be great matches though
hippysmacker
1/19/07 1:18:44PM

I think your argument that Silva could beat Chuck because Rampage did doesn't make a lot of sense. Tito and Vitor both beat Silva and Chuck beat them. None of thgese prove who would win in a Chuck vs Wandy match. Styles make fights and all those fights were a long time ago. People improve and others don't. Most fighters are not the same guy they were 3 plus years ago. Wandys style plays perfectly into Chuck's. I think the 2 best 205 lb. guys who have a good shot against Chuck are Lil Nog and Shogun. They have styles that might frustrate him and they are both more well rounded then Wandy. Wandy is a warrior. but I think Chuck would beat him 9 out of 10 times because of his overagressive , straigth ahead style. While I agree Pride has more depth of proven fighters in a couple of weight classes, in a Champ vs Champ matchup I think they are at a disadvantage. I think Fedor beats anybody, including cro-cop again. Chuck beats Wandy. Hendo vs Silva could go either way. I think Silva would actually have the advantage under Pride rules in the Ring, and Hendo has the advantage under UFC rules in the cage. Whover Pride moved up or down against GSp would have little chance. Also, I think Sherk would keep Gomi frustrated and on his back the overwhelming majority of the fight. Unfortunately I don't think we will ever see a full cross promotional fight card, but we can always hope.
cowcatcher
1/19/07 1:21:38PM
well said hip, chuck is such a great counter puncher that it would be tough for wandy, I completely agree on every one of those(sherk gomi is really too tough to call for me though)
WaikruMass
1/19/07 1:34:09PM
In that case Wandy would be UFC...vitor tuned him up in like 40 sec
iwannabesedated
1/21/07 10:18:32PM
does it really matter....i like MMA....its all a matter of what each of us Individually like....some people drink pepsi...some people drink coke....its what u like and what u prefer..for anyone to say UFC is better than Pride or Pride is Better than UFC is gay...and comparing fighters isnt any diffrent from any sport...i mean the worst team or player can beat the best team or player with alittle luck....or a ghost punch <see sylvia arlovski 2> its all opinion....so who cares...i just like to watch some people fight...
pv3Hpv3p
1/25/07 4:01:20PM

Posted by zephead

Posted by hippysmacker

Amen. I love MMA. Who cares what org. is fighting. It's about the sport not the org..

I wholeheartedly agree with both of you, but the problem comes in when fighters from rival orgs can't fight eachother, so there will always be the question of whos better. The threadstarter has a good point, but somewhat an idealistic view of it. It comes down to $$$, MMA is growing into a huge cash cow and these are legitimate buisness people making logical business decisions. It is a damn shame though.

Sorry, I just really want to see Chuck and Wandy shut everybody the f up.
Kazmierz21
1/25/07 8:36:27PM
If that match ever happens I'll take wagers from everybody - Chuck KO's Vandy in Round 2 - Chuck's striking is too on point for Vandy to hold his ground
ninesevensix
1/25/07 9:12:55PM
I think PRIDE FC is the better organization at this time. Overall I think the fighters are much more skilled and better rounded. Of course there are definitely exceptions with some fighters.
nignog
1/25/07 9:21:34PM
hey, i can imagine Pride taking it, very close up matches e.g chuck vs wand but money on Pride.

non biased
JayPinno
1/25/07 11:19:10PM
If im correct this is this sites first Pride vs UFC thread. It should be immediately archived!
hippysmacker
1/26/07 2:57:41AM

Posted by JayPinno

If im correct this is this sites first Pride vs UFC thread. It should be immediately archived!

and hopefully it won't spawn 10 billion more like every other MMA site
amik
1/26/07 7:06:48AM
I wish UFC and PRIDE they join together.

Imagine...

Chuck vs Wand

Arona vs Tito

Gomi vs Penn

Fedor vs Arlowski

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuufffff

Fighting in all the countries... the one MMA company
Pages: [1] 2